This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Bluetooth speaker supported in 1.20

Is it possible to attach a bluetooth speaker in V1.20?

Comments

• Not yet 

• Okay, so is there any way to actually let Homey play music? I have playlists loaded, see them on screen. Have a speaker plugged in by cable but I am still told there is no music that can be played.
  • You can play music via the audio jack-speaker. Google Play Music and SoundCloud work like this (also to for example a Chromecast if you have the beta-version of the Chromecast app). Spotify only works with Sonos speakers.
  • Gerrit_EGerrit_E Member
    edited March 2017
    It will be great if bluetooth will work, then i can also use my onkyo reciever.
    any idea when this will be implemented.
  • Ahhh slowly things start to fall into place, lol.

Still questions though. I got Spotify and a house full of Sonos. But in the music tab all my spotify playlists are 'inactive' and the the Sonos app only allows play, stop, mute etc. No way to select music. It just start the last thing that was played on that sonos device. 

So I still have a music tab that does nothing for me, lol. 
  • I think you need the beta-version of the Sonos app, after which you can choose a speaker in the Music-page on Homey in the bottom-right corner.
  • you indeed need to install beta version of the sonos app. Just go to the app store, find the sonos app and select the beta app to install (that's for 1.2 experimental) the stable is for 1.1.9. After that you can play spotify from Homey on Sonos :) 
  • Thanks, all works now. 
  • it would be nice if you can choose a speaker also by flow apart from the music page
  • AppieAppie Member
    satbopper said:
    it would be nice if you can choose a speaker also by flow apart from the music page
    You can! Use the speaker (luidspreker) card in the THEN column and toggle the card to select active speaker. There you'll find a dropdown menu to select your speaker. So for every flow, you can define to with speaker the action should be targeted
  • It would be nice if bluetooth is enabled. So that all of us without Sonos speakers have some options to play music as well. Far better than having to invest a lot of money in Sonos
  • It would be nice if bluetooth is enabled. So that all of us without Sonos speakers have some options to play music as well. Far better than having to invest a lot of money in Sonos
    There is a special 'chinese' amazone-like site. It sells female HDMI-splitters  which splits the input to sound and video to the old-fashioned red-white-yellow tulip connectors(ca. 10 euro's excl.shipping)... a Chromecast is a HDMI connector... and yes it works <span>:wink:</span>

Really handy if you have an 'old' non-smart tv. You still can play netflix and such.