This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Does anyone know why Facebook chat bot is silent?

Hi, i've hooked up the facebook chat bot with my Homey, but regardless of what I say to him/her (it?), it's keeping its mouth shut.
See screenshot.
Should I configure something within the Homey backend? Anyone got a clue?

Comments

• Just did a test, still working here.
    Sorry, can't help you more then that :)
  • adjuadju Member
    edited December 2016
    No you don't have to configure homey. But you need to say something that's in your flow's.
    To test the facebook messenger.
    I made a flow with just the word "testen" and then an action from homey.
  • You can always tell him 'test' and Homey should answer.
  • adju said:
    No you don't have to configure homey. But you need to say something that's in your flow's.
    Ah, that I did not realize!!! Thank you so much.
    So basically everything you can tell Homey in real live, can also be done through the FB bot?
  • adjuadju Member
    edited December 2016
    As far I have tested it yes, my -alles uit- and -pauze sonos- etc is then executed.
  • I guess you only need a password now to have access to one's Homey? I wonder if this is such a smart idea. I tested my connect again today and the session is still active, no need to re-logon... I prefer to be able to set this functionality off, for security reasons.
  • Having an username and password of one Athom account already gives me access to that persons Homeys. That isn't depending on a FB Chatbot connection. As with all other websites you should logoff when you don't want to use it anymore.
    For my FB I already use a two factor authentication, I am less concerned someone uses that way to control my Homey.

I know they are already working on beter user management,  https://trello.com/c/AsYBX1SC/46-advanced-user-management-permissions-user-specific-speech-trigger 

They already announced the way to access Homey using the bearer token will change.
    We can always ask Athom to improve security by adding options for 2 factor authentication.
  • Should it still be operational?
    I have been trying for two days now, paired it twice, but it is dead silent, not a single response.
    Tried naming the flows: nothing whatsoever.
    You have any suggestions maybe?
  • It still works. You need to use the Facebook chat as if you are talking to Homey.

For example, I have this flow:

Now if I type "Change" to Homey on Facebook, it changes the colors of my lights. No answer on Facebook because I did not add that in the flow.

• NiekNiek Member
    Same problem here. just hooked up homey to Facebook messenger, but no response to any questions. I tried english and dutch, both not working. Does messenger integration only work when homey is set to english maybe?
  • Niek said:
    Same problem here. just hooked up homey to Facebook messenger, but no response to any questions. I tried english and dutch, both not working. Does messenger integration only work when homey is set to english maybe?
    No, works in dutch also....You don't get a response when you for example type "tijd" in messenger to homey

• NiekNiek Member
    Nope, the registration proces works but after that no response whatsoever
  • GeurtDijkerGeurtDijker Member
    edited March 2017
    It still works at one of my Homey's, my English R&D Honey in the dev channel works but the other Dutch Homey is silent....
    Just tested and for English  just a simple word  "test" or "time" should work to get a reaction from Homey.
  • Same problem here. After the registration process no response whatsoever. Not with the words "test" or "time" nor with words in my flows.
  • NiekNiek Member
    Works now for me on 1.2.0-RC8
  • What is the sense of the Facebook bot? For what are you using this? I am trying to understand this feature. Cause for me athom should work more on extending flows or mobile apps. I know it's coming but before I build a Facebook bot I should be sure that all apps are running. Athom has many unstable apps. 
  • I am using it to 'speak' to Homey, without using my voice.. ;) I've made flows that can be triggered with only 1 word. For example, I type in messenger 'status' and I get a status report from Homey. Or I type 'away' and Homey knows nobody is at home, or I type 'heating on' to set the heating to 21o.
  • I am using it to 'speak' to Homey, without using my voice.. ;) I've made flows that can be triggered with only 1 word. For example, I type in messenger 'status' and I get a status report from Homey. Or I type 'away' and Homey knows nobody is at home, or I type 'heating on' to set the heating to 21o.
    Ok but why are you using Facebook for this? 
  • I use it because typing commands I know for sure that Homey will understand it correctly.
  • Jschuetz said:
    I am using it to 'speak' to Homey, without using my voice.. ;) I've made flows that can be triggered with only 1 word. For example, I type in messenger 'status' and I get a status report from Homey. Or I type 'away' and Homey knows nobody is at home, or I type 'heating on' to set the heating to 21o.
    Ok but why are you using Facebook for this? 
    Because i look stupid when I'm talking to my phone at work or standing at the bus stop.. ;)
  • NiekNiek Member
    I use it now to trigger flows from my Apple Watch using predefined keywords or with voice recognition using Siri. Facebook messenger has a watch app. Athom not (yet?)
  • JschuetzJschuetz Member
    edited March 2017
    Niek said:
    I use it now to trigger flows from my Apple Watch using predefined keywords or with voice recognition using Siri. Facebook messenger has a watch app. Athom not (yet?)
    Ok Siri  sounds better! And that can I understand. All other stuff is faster over ifttt widget. At least the steps you have to do to start a flow.