This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey version 1.2 experimental!

NPetersNPeters Member
edited March 2017 in Archive
Didn't see the 1.2 discussion yet, so after updating to 1.2 I would like to share the issues i ran into.

Music is looking very good, also the possibility to restart apps is a nice one. Also adding Spotify (paid account) went very smooth.

- Edit: I was notified the combination of spotify with chromecast doesnt work yet.
- A lot of flow's are broken (symbol next to the flowname). But when I view the flow, nothing seems changed.
 - Clicking the manage icon in the Homey card -> card keeps loading.
- Nefit Easy - option to set temperature is gone.

Comments

• use rightclick on the playlist to delete :)
  • Right-click can delete playlist
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited March 2017
    Spotify is only working with Sonos (stated in the app description), Soundcloud and Google Music will work with chromecast, Homey can't play music on it's own speakers. It's greyed out because you don't have a sonos speaker selected in your case wich is supported for spotify.
  • Spotify is only working with Sonos (stated in the app description), Soundcloud and Google Music will work with chromecast, Homey can't play music on it's own speakers. It's greyed out because you don't have a sonos speaker selected.
    Thanks for clarifying.
    fredsky said:
    Right-click can delete playlist
    bvdbos said:
    use rightclick on the playlist to delete :)
    Thanks both, didn't see that. Expected the same behaviour as with flows
  • I can not pause music playing through the Chromecast (beta) app "Invalid_capability".
    No broken flows here.
  • Now that we have Media back, I hope @santor will update his Vradio app and re-release it to the app store. 

https://github.com/santornl/nl.santor.vradio.homey/issues/4
  • wingiewingie Member
    edited March 2017
    • smart presence is broken got 4 mentions that i arrived at home and all the time i was at home ;-)
    • 433 signal receiving isn't better (not for awmt-230 kaku) 
    • weather-signal app from ramonbaas is broken (he knows) and signal reception got worse for the weather sensors according to him.
    • Restart option is nice
    • After beta install of the chromecast i had to re-add my device to get it working (and a reset of the device itself) 
    • media doesn't have DNLA or synology audio support (yet) 
  • I have 1.20 installed, Sonos speaker installed and Spotify installed and connected. But I can not play music through my sonos speaker....??

• jordenjorden Member
    edited March 2017
    Same here. I have 2 Sonos devices of which one is connected, and a Sonos Connect. Connected my Spotify but everything is grayed out in the Music Section, and I see "I could not find any songs that can be played right now".

When I use it in a flow, I cannot select a player and get "No playable tracks" error.
    edited March 2017
    wingie said:
    • smart presence is broken got 4 mentions that i arrived at home and all the time i was at home ;-)
    Hmm not using that one, so can't help on that question :) Use MQTT/IFTTT at this moment but no problems with those. 

wingie said:
    • 433 signal receiving isn't better (not for awmt-230 kaku) 
    report it on the github of Athom, 1.2 is experimental so they have time to fix this. They changed/rewritten the 433 so let's help to get it good before it hits stable

wingie said:
    • weather-signal app from ramonbaas is broken (he knows) and signal reception got worse for the weather sensors according to him.
    It's sour that it stopped working but Athom responded that they tested all apps in the app store. Also just like above it's still experimental so better let the developer of the app and Athom find a fix for it. 

wingie said:
    • After beta install of the chromecast i had to re-add my device to get it working (and a reset of the device itself) 
    That's how it's build by Athom, when you installed the beta you got the warning that says all settings will be removed:
    you are installing the beta version of this app. If you want to switch back to a stabler channel later, the app settings will have to be purged
    wingie said:
    • media doesn't have DNLA or synology audio support (yet) 
    Hopefully that will follow soon, looking at the synology audio api but i'm not a hard core developer, just a rookie :P Hopefully someone much better has time to make an app for it.

I have 1.20 installed, Sonos speaker installed and Spotify installed and connected. But I can not play music through my sonos speaker....??

jorden said:
    Same here. I have 2 Sonos devices of which one is connected, and a Sonos Connect. Connected my Spotify but everything is grayed out in the Music Section, and I see "I could not find any songs that can be played right now".

When I use it in a flow, I cannot select a player and get "No playable tracks" error.
    You have the beta of the Sonos app installed, have a paid account on Spotify and selected your Sonos at the media page?

On the app page you can click for the beta version, that one is working with spotify and 1.2 experimental

Here no sonos but to show where to select your sonos :)

• jordenjorden Member
    edited March 2017
    @lubbertkramer I only have my Homey ("Amsterdam") in there, no Sonos (or Chromecast, for that matter) available there.

I have a paid Spotify, the Spotify and Sonos app are installed.

I just noticed that I will have to install the beta versions of the apps as well though. Got it working now :) Lovely!

Would be nice if we can select both a playlist and a device in flows to start playing though... right now the Sonos devices only features play/pause/next/volume control, and the music flows can select a playlist but not a device.
  • jorden said:
    @lubbertkramer I only have my Homey ("Amsterdam") in there, no Sonos (or Chromecast, for that matter) available there.

I have a paid Spotify, the Spotify and Sonos app are installed.

I just noticed that I will have to install the beta versions of the apps as well though.
    Haha indeed, you need the beta app for it to work because 1.2 is experimental and the stable Sonos app is for 1.9 without the media / spotify connection :) 
  • Thanx man!
  • oliveolive Member
    Response time from homey is very bad, it takes to long. I hoped in 1.2 is better but :'(
  • JaapPeltJaapPelt Member
    edited March 2017
    First impression is very good.
    Music app looks great and works well. Unfortunately, I do not have the chromecast as an output source for Homey music yet, even after re-pairing the chromecast and rebooting my Homey. 
    I did noticed Homey can now adjust the volume of the chromecast even when the chromecast is casting content from a different source which is very nice to lower the sound when listening for a voice command.

Edit: as mentioned above, the beta version of the chromecast app will let you use it in the music app. I overlooked the option to switch to beta in the past:

edited March 2017
    olive said:
    Response time from homey is very bad, it takes to long. I hoped in 1.2 is better but :'(
    Report it to Athom on Github, remember it's experimental

JaapPelt said:
    First impression is very good.
    Music app looks great and works well. Unfortunately, I do not have the chromecast as an output source for Homey music yet, even after re-pairing the chromecast and rebooting my Homey. 
    I did noticed Homey can now adjust the volume of the chromecast even when the chromecast is casting content from a different source which is very nice to lower the sound when listening for a voice command.
    You did installed the beta of the chromecast app just like the sonos tip above? The beta version is needed to work with 1.2 experimental

Edit:
    See you found it :) 
  • I only have spotify free. When I try to play a music sonos switched over, but homey gives error.

• Thomas said:

I only have spotify free. When I try to play a music sonos switched over, but homey gives error.

Report it to Athom by the Github so if it's a bug they can fix it before 1.2 comes to stable. I thought to use spotify you needed a paid account on Homey but i may be wrong (i'm not sure)
  • Just built some code that adds support for youtube videos. I'll submit a pull request for the app
  • JanHJanH Member
    Installed Homey 1.20 exp. and Sonos app v2.2.1 exp. Everything seems to work well including playlists Spotify Premium. Just one remark: voice recognition in Dutch (f.e. Sonos aan/uit) worked ok till the actual updates. Its not reaction anymore. I am in doubt about which update (Homey or Sonos) is causing the trouble. Anyone an idea or same problem?
  • Would be nice if we can select both a playlist and a device in flows to start playing though... right now the Sonos devices only features play/pause/next/volume control, and the music flows can select a playlist but not a device.
  • Hey guys,

I tried the speech recognition and I don't get a single flow working. If i look at my input page it is not showing anything i just said. Rarely something appears there, if it does. Its not what i have said. 

Any suggestions?
  • Gerrit_EGerrit_E Member
    edited March 2017
    Hello @quakerix i recognized today the same things, even when i ask if it will rain, he dont understand me anymore with version 1.2 also telling homey its cold, normally he will ask for the nefit thermostate to put on a higher temp is not recognized anymore.
    When i look at the text he recognized is not even close.
    maybe its just a new start :-)
  • AppieAppie Member
    edited March 2017
    jorden said:
    Would be nice if we can select both a playlist and a device in flows to start playing though... right now the Sonos devices only features play/pause/next/volume control, and the music flows can select a playlist but not a device.
    In order to select the right speaker: You can use the speaker (luidspreker) cards in the Then column to select the active speaker. So use this card first, then the music card to select the song or playlist. If you have grouped Sonos speakers in the native Sonos app, selecting one speaker results in getting the music on the grouped speaker(s) as well. 
  • quakerix said:
    Hey guys,

I tried the speech recognition and I don't get a single flow working. If i look at my input page it is not showing anything i just said. Rarely something appears there, if it does. Its not what i have said. 
    Rebooting your homey is always a good start... It could be that it understands too little of what you're saying to recognize it as valid input and thus discard everything as noise. I would try to use the mobile app and see if recognizes things.It generally works a bit better because it is less affected by background noise. Also, try some longer sentences and articulate well to see how it does.
  • I have a flow for letting Homey tell the time on each whole hour. Now it says: "X" uur nul  (X hour zero)
  • I get conflicts with an already created flow. I got a flow "multimedia afspelen" to trigger my media player via Harmony hub. Gotta change the flow now. I hope internal commands can be disabled soon so I'm not gonna be surprised after another update.

• Better Logic crashed a few times in 1.10. Anyone else has this issue? It says the developer has been notified. But i do not see any issue on the github.
  • quakerix said:

Better Logic crashed a few times in 1.10. Anyone else has this issue? It says the developer has been notified. But i do not see any issue on the github.
    The developer will receive a crash report... but Github issues still have to be made manually.
    If you have additional information on e.g. the state of Homey or activities leading to the crash, please create a Github issue and mention them. This will help the developer to solve the issue faster.
  • Impressed by the Music app, but voice accuracy and 433 range seem to have stayed the same (as in lousy).
This discussion has been closed.