This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[App] Greenwave Systems by Athom - main discussion topic

Comments

• PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited March 2017
    Unfortunately the new polling settings dont quite work for me. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong. I'm expecting to get current usage values every 5 minutes so I can create a flow which does something when the energy is changed. But looking at my insights I only receive updates only around the hour but most of the times even less. Am I doing something wrong, is there a bug somewhere or is my PN acting up (it's only a couple of meters away from Homey).

• EternityEternity Member
    edited March 2017
    Not sure, but the first value seems odd. It means the change in energy should be 100% before an update is given...

PS
    I have't looked at my Insights yet...
  • SkorpionSkorpion Member
    edited March 2017
    Does anyone know how to put in the format at the expert parameters setting field? To remember the relay state after power outage I found this in the manual '0x70,0x04,0x03,0x01,0x01' but the parameters field requires an ID,Size,Value format input.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited March 2017
    @Skorpion
    you are looking at full raw data, that is not going to work (and probably is also not in the manual this way...)

0x70 = Configuration Command Class, 0x04 = unknown to me, probably SET a value, 0x03 = the id, 0x01 = the size, 0x01 is the value
    those are in hex so you need to convert them to decimal:
    id: 3, size: 1, value: 1
    so the expert parameter should be 3,1,1;

but curious why it's not in the settings anyway @TedTolboom? don't have one so can't test it
  • @Skorpion and @caseda the State after power loss as well as the LED network status are FW dependent...

Off course I've tested both settings... B)  on my 5 PN-6's and 2 PN-1's...But on none of them it had any effect... so therefore I decided not to included them into the app...
    IMHO will raise more questions than providing a solution.
  • @Phuturist no fundamental code change done... same polling interval mechanism, only different names.
    I will look into the issue.
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited March 2017
    @TedTolboom
    Don't see any momentary energy use anymore at all, at my PN-6, 2 sockets show 0 W, the other show "-" (just a dash)
  • Same here! No energy use anymore. This is after repairing the power nodes.

The 6 reports a '-' (dash). The single power nodes report '0'. 
  • For me it variates. Some sockets show 0w others do report values but on a very irregular basis. I'm planning to revert back to the previous version of the app and zwave driver, hopefully this can be done without having to re-pair the powernodes.
  • Hmm... 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

Cha cha cha
  • @JPe, @Phuturist, @Eternity can you check and if so confirm that this only occurs on the PN-6?
  • Checked. The 6 gives the dashes, the 1 gives the zero
  • JPeJPe Member
    @JPe, @Phuturist, @Eternity can you check and if so confirm that this only occurs on the PN-6?
    I only have 2x PN-6, both don't show momentary energy use, after some time, they all show 0W now (nomore dash).
  • Dear all,

Thanks for the feedback. I found an issue (my mistake) in the Powernode-6 driver, where I swapped the polling interval of measure_power with the meter_power and vv. Updated app is available at:
    https://github.com/TedTolboom/com.greenwavesystems/tree/patch-1

In the meantime, I have also been looking further into the polling intervals of the powernode-6's and specifically this issues of no updates..
    even with the right polling interval linked to the right capability I have to draw the conclusion that polling the PN-6 is not working. This is not something introduced with the latest app update, but also exists in the previous app store versions...

For the people interested, the polling interval is triggering a GET command of a certain capability (e.g. measure_power).
    This GET command is in the current (Z-wave)driver fired at the main node only; not to all end points (= sockets where the devices are connected). So the PN-6 will send a response (REPORT) only of the main node.
    Setting the polling interval to 60 seconds, will therefore trigger an update of the main node only every 60 seconds...

The "power change for update" setting, is embedded into the PN-6 itself and will trigger an update of all capabilities for the end points (sockets).

Together with the other Z-wave dev's (and @caseda in particular) we are looking to a solution for this issue
  • Thanks for the update @TedTolboom

• Just tried adding my Greenwave powernode sockets, thought it was the powernode 6 but turns out to be a 5 socket version NP21x-G (UK). And as such is not detected and just gets added as a basic device.

Any chance this could get supported? Was just in the process of moving my devices from HC2 and hit this brick wall :)

Anything I can provide that may help?
  • Just tried adding my Greenwave powernode sockets, thought it was the powernode 6 but turns out to be a 5 socket version NP21x-G (UK). And as such is not detected and just gets added as a basic device.

Any chance this could get supported? Was just in the process of moving my devices from HC2 and hit this brick wall :)

Anything I can provide that may help?
    Can you provide a screenshot of the node information (part of the device settings) as included as basic device?
    This includes the required ID's needed to make the driver

At the moment the issues with the PN-6 polling has been solved, I will add this device to the app. ok?
  • Thanks, is this what you need?

http://imgur.com/PVLzI53

• Thanks, is this what you need?

http://imgur.com/PVLzI53

Yes, that'll do. Thanx
  • Gents, the updated Greenwave app is currently waiting for app store approval.
    Unfortunately, I learned that approval is not expected within the next 1-2 weeks.

So to the people willing to take advantage of this update: check the following Github repository and install the app through CLI:
    Changelog v1.1.2
    add support:
    Powernode 5 (UK version)
    update:
    Powernode 1,6 - add polling intervals for each separate socket and its capabilities (re-pair of devices is needed)
    Biggest change is the ability to enable polling intervals on all individual sockets and their capabilities.

Big thanks and credits to @caseda for creating the code:  <3 

This update is running on my setup (5x PN6 + 1x PN1) stable over the last days (tested thoroughly) and has also been tested ok by @Phuturist.

As indicated in the changelog, the advise is to re-pair the powernodes, a bit more cumbersome but avoids polluting the data stored within Homey. 

In addition the Greenwave family has been extended by the Powernode 5 (UK version):

On request of and tested today by @spamenigma

Let me know if you have questions / remarks on this update.
  • @TedTolboom @caseda @Phuturist

Thank you for your effort!
    I will install via GIT and re-pair my powernodes (4xPN1 + 1 x PN6) 
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited March 2017
    Hardware problem

This is off-topic / not App related... but as Greenwave users will be reading this thread, and I didn't find any answer Google-ing, I will try here...

One of my PN-1's seems to have died on me. Homey lost connection to it, I checked the status LED and it was 'dead'. I removed it from the wall socket and did a factory reset (holding the on/off button and inserting it in a AC outlet again). Nothing happens. Pressing the 'pair' button, on/off or the 'wrench' button... nothing.

The PN-1 was connected to a close-in boiler (this one).

Any suggestions? The PN-1 needs a special screwdriver to be opened, but once opened I don't expect to find any noob-serviceable components ;-)

Thanks!
  • @eternity the powernode has a build in over current protection... but this will show as a flashing red ! in the power button and can be reset by pressing the power button.
    Is there absolutely no response / led not lighting up? That would be a bummer...

Unlikely, but still a check: is the wheel set to black? And not to the lock symbol?
  • @TedTolboom

Thanks for your reply.
    Checked again. No response whatsoever, and the wheel is set to black.

Fortunately I order 2 Neo Coolcam sockets... :-)
  • Updated app (v1.1.2), including the ability to setup individual polling on all sockets and capabilities as well as the addition of the powernode 5 (UK) , is available in the app store.
  • Mod break: updated topic to include new opening post with general information
  • Hi, I just bought a bunch of these greenwave sockets having first checked there was an app in the store, however adding one is causing homey to crash . they are detected then the setup app freezes, I get the message homey is not responding and after a long time the interface will start responding again. tried reboot of homey, but same problem.
  • dd3uk said:
    Hi, I just bought a bunch of these greenwave sockets having first checked there was an app in the store, however adding one is causing homey to crash . they are detected then the setup app freezes, I get the message homey is not responding and after a long time the interface will start responding again. tried reboot of homey, but same problem.
    Make sure you pair them close to Homey. And just another hunch, disable other chrome extensions or use the Homey desktop app. I had issues with an extension conflicting with the pairing process.
  • Also, where did you get these? These weren't manufactured for quite some time so did you get some kind of new model? If so, firmware might have changed?
  • @bvdbos only the node 6 isn't made anymore, the node 1 is (at least was a month ago) still being actively sold