This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[App] Greenwave Systems by Athom - main discussion topic

Comments

• I cannot confirm stability improvement yet (will report tomorrow)..
    Althought it is tooo early to make a statement on a stability improvement...
    Man the interface of my Homey feels much more responsive and snappie again  :)
  • Currently 14 hours (and counting) uptime without ProcessSendData lockup!

A remark I have to make, I do observe several Greenwave devices flashing with their green leds... but this does NOT impact the responsiveness of this devices / Z-wave network (with these settings).. Will look into the issue though.
  • I updated the App via GIT. After 1 hour I see green flashing Led's again and I can not control the 6 port Powernode. I did not re-pair it, though. Just the App update.
  • The powernode 1 default setting are: poll interval = 300 and keep alive time = 255. Are these the best working settings?
  • @Eternity which specific GIT version did you use?
    The second pull request (intended to add the parameter to the sub-nodes) still has an issue in it that first needs to be resolved by athom... 

For the time being, I would recommend to simply use the App store version and remove Homey's ID manually out of Association group 3.

@posthok, default settings (poll interval = 300 and keep alive time = 255) combined above mentioned action resulted at my place in a stable operation; see below settings (in Dutch):

It is still the advise to differentiate the polling interval over the different nodes (e.g. 5 seconds difference combined with larger polling intervals that you hardly use).

@Eternity if this is not solving your issue, please let me know.
  • Added my three powernode6 to homey with your settings and have been stable for 4 hours, before, with just one powernode6, my zwave failed within 2 hours. 

I left the polling interval at the default, if it fails I will try to differentiate the intervalls.
  • posthokposthok Member
    edited December 2016
    zwave freeze in 1.08. Not sure if this was caused by a powernode
  • @nitehawk good to hear!
    @posthok see DM on slack
  • nitehawknitehawk Member
    edited December 2016
    Ok, good news, zwave still stable. 16 hours now, a new personal record  B
  • I tried to summarize the steps I have been taken to solve this Z-wave issue ProcessSendData issue into a troubleshooting guide. 
    Since I don't think it is a device specific issue, I created a new topic for it: [TROUBLESHOOT] Z-wave ProcesSendData lockup. Please contribute (also in case it solved your issue) to this topic to support the community.

On topic: I do notice that my Z-wave is stable and responsive again.
    Yet my greenwave devices are still blinking their green leds from time to time... this does not influence their responsiveness. So please interpretate the led as an indication, but verify if the switch is responding.

• @TedTolboom ;
    I downloaded and installed the version from here
    Also, I checked the association group 3 settings: all are empty:

• edited December 2016
    Misschien worden er nog een aantal gemaakt binnenkort. Het stekkerblok van 6. Hoop dat ze de producent kunnen achterhalen en overtuigen er nog een aantal te maken.

• @MrDutchfighter I also heard Rob indicate that he was in contact to see if it is possible to order a new batch.

I saw a few days ago on slack also a pre-announcement that NEO Coolcam is planning to release extention sockets and other device types. These will be Z-wave plus...

@Eternity did you install 1.0.4 already and did this solve your issue with non-responding powernodes?
  • i did install 1.0.4 and so far my 2 powernode6 do not show the green ring blinking . i started to get used to it, so now i actually miss it lol
  • @TedTolboom ;
    I can't believe my eyes.... Greenwave has been running without any issues, since I updated to latest firmware! 
  • Same here, no more zwave hangs since latest firmware
  • Same here, my adapters automatically switched off when the device is fully loaded, and no flickering green light. Love it!
  • In the Greenwave app v1.1.0 has been released to the app store.
    Changelog:
    v1.1.0 - (re-pair of devices is needed)
    update:
    All devices - add ability to differentiate polling interval for all capabilities
    All devices - add power meter reset flow card
    All devices - update z-wave driver (1.1.8), code clean-up, minor fixes
    Some additional functions have been implemented:

Ability to differentiate polling interval for all capabilities (onoff, power measure (W), power meter (kWh)
    use case: Change the polling interval for the different capabilities to reduce Z-wave network load (previously, all capabilities were polled at the same time (1 polling interval).

how to implement:

1. Open the settings of the Greenwave powernode devices
    2. Update the polling intervals based on own preferences (0 to disable).
    3. Save settings
    Notes:
    1. The Polling interval On/Off is disabled in this example. On/Off state will still be updated once the device has been switched On or Off
    2. Polling interval Measure (W) is complementary to the 'Power change for update' setting, providing an update if the power value has changed by more than 50% in this example. This capability is quite often used for device monitoring
    3. Polling interval Meter (kWh) is most commonly used only for data logging, hence the relatively high interval used in this example
    4. To be able to use these new polling intervals, you will need to re-pair your devices
    'Reset meter values' action card for all supported devices:
    use case: reset the meter values (kWh) as recorded on the device (including all sockets in case of the Powernode-6) to 0 via a flow on the defined interval (January 1st, 1st of the month, etc)

• Good stuff Ted, thanx!
  • Thanks for the update!

What is the best way to re-pair the Greenwave powernodes?

- backup the flows that have PN's
    - remove the current PN's  (again; how?)
    - re-add the PN's and give them the same name as before
    - restore flows.

Or is there a better /easier way?
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited March 2017
    Phuturist said:
    Good stuff Ted, thanx!
    Might not be such good stuff after all. I repaired two of my PN's, a PN1 and PN6. When trying to update the device settings the app crashes and it takes Homey about 2 minutes to recover. During this time Homey is unresponsive and connection with the cloud is broken. Sometimes it even crashes the zwave chip. Have not seen this in a long time. Any idea @TedTolboom ?
  • Phuturist said:
    Phuturist said:
    Good stuff Ted, thanx!
    Might not be such good stuff after all. I repaired two of my PN's, a PN1 and PN6. When trying to update the device settings the app crashes and it takes Homey about 2 minutes to recover. During this time Homey is unresponsive and connection with the cloud is broken. Sometimes it even crashes the zwave chip. Have not seen this in a long time. Any idea @TedTolboom ?
    Yep... the required (and updated) Z-wave driver (v1.1.8) was not linked to the Greenwave app when my PR's were processed. I'm checking if Athom can push the update through the App store ASAP.

Containment for the time being: CLI install of the app and manually include the v1.1.8 Zwavedriver
  • Phuturist said:
    Phuturist said:
    Good stuff Ted, thanx!
    Yep... the required (and updated) Z-wave driver (v1.1.8) was not linked to the Greenwave app when my PR's were processed. I'm checking if Athom can push the update through the App store ASAP.

Containment for the time being: CLI install of the app and manually include the v1.1.8 Zwavedriver
    Ok thanks. Does this also mean I have to re-pair the PN's i just re-paired again for the new settings to take effect?
  • Phuturist said:
    Phuturist said:
    Phuturist said:
    Good stuff Ted, thanx!

Ok thanks. Does this also mean I have to re-pair the PN's i just re-paired again for the new settings to take effect?
    If the updated app becomes available, no need to re-pair the PN's you already re-paired.
  • v1.1.1 (including Z-wavedriver 1.1.8) is available in the app store...
    and has even been auto updated 5 minutes ago on my Homey...

Should all be working now.
  • Eternity said:
    Thanks for the update!

What is the best way to re-pair the Greenwave powernodes?

- backup the flows that have PN's
    - remove the current PN's  (again; how?)
    - re-add the PN's and give them the same name as before
    - restore flows.

Or is there a better /easier way?
    It doesn't really make sense to backup and restore the flows...
    since device ID's will break, also the restored flow will be broken after restore.

My suggestion:
    • For the more complex flows, make a screenshot of the cards used. Simple flows will be quite straightforward to complete
    • update to Greenwave 1.1.1
    • Remove the current PN's: on the devices tab, click the x button of the main Node (no highlighted sockets) and follow instructions
    • Re-add the current PN's: default adding. 
    • Rename the powernodes as desired
    • Go through all flows with broken symbol and complete the these flows again
  • @TedTolboom

Thanks for the updated update and the instructions :-)
  • v1.1.1 (including Z-wavedriver 1.1.8) is available in the app store...
    and has even been auto updated 5 minutes ago on my Homey...

Should all be working now.
    Thanks Ted, that was fast ... :+1:
  • AppieAppie Member
    Same here, everything is working again, good work!