This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

MOVE Kickstarter. They like Homey!

Comments

• Ow, and im not using batteries but a usb adapter directly into 220 vlt

• There must be something wrong with the chain in the first video.?

Nope it isn't as far as I can see. I have pulled the chain tight as possible.

Sure hope they have a fix for u

they could tell me is that the ticking is because the chain is not stretched enough. So I changed it a bit and now the ticking has gone away.

I rest my case.
  • Another update. I just hooked my notebook to it for asecondary power source *powered using usb* and for some reason the move is now capable to pull my curtain up. So I think that it's a combination of the batteries I 'm using (1.2 volts instead of 1.5) and how the chain is stretched.
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited October 2016
    12 Technical specifications  (copy from the manual)
    Main power source: Battery 4xAAA NiMH (not included)
    Alternate power source: AC to DC 5V 1800mA, switch mode power supply with output regulated to 5V and a micro USB type B connector (not included) 
    Motor torque: ≈0,8Nm (lift/pull capacity: 6kg/13lb)

The output axel can run with different speeds, the speed is adjusted in the app.

If your power source is comform this specs and if your device does not comply with this specs, then you should contact Teptron.
    http://www.teptron.com/MOVE_user_manual_2016_v2.pdf
  • Seems that not all aaa batteries that state 1.5 volts are the same. Just bought some 'Duracel' 1.5 volt batteries and these work perfect with the Move... 'Lidl' 1.5 volts don't seem to be working.. 
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited October 2016
    @jjtbsomhorst   You should not use AAA batteries 1.5V these are not rechargeable,
    you need  4xAAA NiMH, this are rechargeable, see the manual :

Important! Only use rechargeable batteries. Non rechargeable batteries are not allowed to be recharged and should not be used. Batteries must be fully charged prior to installation.  

Probably it's not a problem to use the 1.5V batteries you mentioned, when there is no solarpanel or USBcharger connected.
  • Ofcourse I know when to use non rechargable batteries en when not.... I just know that those 1.5 volt lidl batteries don't work. Haven't got time to see if the solar panel + lidl batteries also work.. 
  • @jjtbsomhorst ; i see your blinds go up much faster than mine. 
    For me it takes up to 3 mins to completely go up( approx 220 cm). 
    I have  Roman blinds btw. 
    Also this annoying 'click' due to the little notches on the plastic wheel where these balls are somewhat locked in. Also the motor itself makes more noise then expected. 

I'm currently not quite happy with this product...:(
    I experiencing the same clicking noises... I have blinds from IKEA max 120 cm/140 cm.
    If you increase the tension (much) the clicking sound is much less
    But I think high tension is not healthy for the MOVE.
    Beside that when increasing the tension the noice of MOVE is louder, logical because MOVE has to work harder.
  • jjtbsomhorstjjtbsomhorst Member
    edited October 2016
    According to Teptron you need to have the cord stretched as possible. I'm just following orders on that part
  • MartijnMartijn Member
    edited October 2016
    According to Teptron you need to have high the highest stretch possible. I'm just following orders on that part
    ??????
    High the highest stretch??? I think I don't understand what you trying to say :smile: 

Can you please describe it a little more?
  • See my edited post
  • Oy1974Oy1974 Member
    edited October 2016
    Seems that not all aaa batteries that state 1.5 volts are the same. Just bought some 'Duracel' 1.5 volt batteries and these work perfect with the Move... 'Lidl' 1.5 volts don't seem to be working.. 

Always make sure you get the right amount power that a batterie can deliver, for example there a batteriess with say 1200 MAH but also with 2500 MAH... The move needs 5 volt and 1800MAH  = 9 Wats

4 batterys 1,5V =6V and if they are 1500 MAH can deliver  9 wats. That is what they can deliver for 1 hour fully operating, and slowy losing there power wich every batterie does.

If you take4 Batteries 1.5V and 2400 MAH you got 14.4 Watt wich means it can deliver the amount of power that the move needs longer.

Not sure the difference between a LIDL and DURACELL but almost for sure that the DURACELL got a higher MAH
  • I just had a word with Teptron and what they could tell me is that the ticking is because the chain is not stretched enough. So I changed it a bit and now the ticking has gone away. Unfortunately the move is still unable to lift my biggest curtain up. 
    Hi, how large is your biggest curtain? I have one (luxaflex) of around 2m wide and am not sure what the weight is, I am guessing it would be too heavy for move :(
  • Received my move's today now I'm looking for what batteries to buy from the manual I read:
    The main power source for MOVE is 4 AAA NiMH rechargeable batteries.
    The alternative power source that can be used is an AC to DC 5V 1800mA, switch mode power supply with output regulated to 5V and a micro USB type B connector.

The 5V is not for the batteries is it? what I can find all rechargeable batteries that I can find are 1,2V any recommendation?
  • Menno said:
    Received my move's today now I'm looking for what batteries to buy from the manual I read:
    The alternative power source that can be used is an AC to DC 5V 1800mA, switch mode power supply with output regulated to 5V and a micro USB type B connector.

The 5V is not for the batteries is it? what I can find all rechargeable batteries that I can find are 1,2V any recommendation?
    4 x 1.2V AAA batteries is 5V
  • Menno said:
    Received my move's today now I'm looking for what batteries to buy from the manual I read:

I could recommend to use a AC/DC power supply. I had al sort of issues by using batteries. By using a power adapter they are gone and the devices work perfectly
  • I could recommend to use a AC/DC power supply. I had al sort of issues by using batteries. By using a power adapter they are gone and the devices work perfectly
    I can confirm this. With an external power supply the torque of the motors increases and now even my heavy curtain can be pulled up without a problem ;).
  • G4nd41f said:
    I could recommend to use a AC/DC power supply. I had al sort of issues by using batteries. By using a power adapter they are gone and the devices work perfectly
    I can confirm this. With an external power supply the torque of the motors increases and now even my heavy curtain can be pulled up without a problem ;).

Could you maybe make a photo of your situation ? (how do you put the wires and power so they aren't much visiblefor the eye?)

• I do use cable channels like this http://cableduct.sell.everychina.com/p-96336207/showimage.html, which you should get a every hardwarestore, and which I fix with doublesided adhesive tape to wall from the power socket to the Move.

• G4nd41f said:

Could you maybe make a photo of your situation ? (how do you put the wires and power so they aren't much visiblefor the eye?)

I hid them behind the curtains (we have so called inbetweens). 
  • For the people who allready have the MOVE bluetooth, is their an app from which you can use the blinds, or only standalone? And if there is an app, does it support IFTTT? Then i could work with homey, withou the BT support.

I ordered 6 zwave move blinds, but i am thinking about getting the BT instead. 
  • I just received mine. Will test this afternoon. I do hope it's open to Homey and or IFTTT
  • Response from the Teptron team on 11th Nov: 

Thank you for the question. At the moment we are focused at getting all MOVE functions stable in Android and iOS , once we are finished with that we are going to look into IFTTT and all the other systems we have received requests to integrate with. 
  • sossienl said:
    Response from the Teptron team on 11th Nov: 

Thank you for the question. At the moment we are focused at getting all MOVE functions stable in Android and iOS , once we are finished with that we are going to look into IFTTT and all the other systems we have received requests to integrate with. 
    Got the same response yesterday:

"We have not yet started to work with Athom in making MOVE compatible
    with their system but we have talked a bit with them and it is something
    we will got into details with as soon as we are going to start
    integrating MOVE to different home automation systems.

We have a list of over 60 systems that we have received request of
    integrating with and we will go through them all but unfortunately we
    will not be able to say for sure if integration is possible with the
    different systems until we have started that work.

Our first step that we are working on is making the documentation and
    open up the Bluetooth API and once we have had time to finish it we will
    start the work with integrating MOVE to different home automation
    systems but at the moment we are overwhelmed with all other work that
    need to be done that we have prioritized higher than the Bluetooth API.

So we are thankful for everyones patience and hope to have more
    information soon."
  • So is it correct that i am missing a lot off features in my move app?

• elwin23elwin23 Member
    sossienl said:
    Response from the Teptron team on 11th Nov: 

Got the same response yesterday:

"We have not yet started to work with Athom in making MOVE compatible
    with their system but we have talked a bit with them and it is something
    we will got into details with as soon as we are going to start
    integrating MOVE to different home automation systems.

We have a list of over 60 systems that we have received request of
    integrating with and we will go through them all but unfortunately we
    will not be able to say for sure if integration is possible with the
    different systems until we have started that work.

Our first step that we are working on is making the documentation and
    open up the Bluetooth API and once we have had time to finish it we will
    start the work with integrating MOVE to different home automation
    systems but at the moment we are overwhelmed with all other work that
    need to be done that we have prioritized higher than the Bluetooth API.

So we are thankful for everyones patience and hope to have more
    information soon."
    Any update yet on opening up BT API Wimstradamus over IFTTT or anything else?
    I would love to buy loads of these :)
  • No, my interest in Move is on a low. I gonna wait for Homey to have bluetooth and  see how that works also read some mixed reviews about Move and Teptron.
    Just email them and ask on the api status.

• C4veman said:
    So is it correct that i am missing a lot off features in my move app?

Yeah it is correct unfortunatly. I recently had contact with them on Twitter and they told me they gonna work on it in June again. But As with @Wimstradamus my interest for this product is also realy realy low. I have them a couple of months now and in theory these devices are great but after a couple of months of usage I have several issues with them. For instance one of our move's who is driving the biggest curtains suddenly can't lift it anymore. And on another window it can't lift it at all
  • JanHJanH Member
    I'm aware of some critical reviews. Time for a more or less positive contribution.
    My two Moves are working quite well since 4 months. Only issue was that after two months I had to re-tighten the chains by moving the devices 6-8 mm lower then the original position. I presume that some of the problems can be related to a powerissue. My advice is to use a USB-loader of good quality and enough current (>1800 mA per device).
    And ofcourse I'm also waiting and waiting for BT at Homey.
  • JanH said:
    I'm aware of some critical reviews. Time for a more or less positive contribution.
    My two Moves are working quite well since 4 months. Only issue was that after two months I had to re-tighten the chains by moving the devices 6-8 mm lower then the original position. I presume that some of the problems can be related to a powerissue. My advice is to use a USB-loader of good quality and enough current (>1800 mA per device).
    And ofcourse I'm also waiting and waiting for BT at Homey.
    thanks for the info but I already knew that the power usage is very important. I can't tighten the moves more since they are already on max span :(