This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Flow in Flow not working

Hey guys,

So I have two flows:

1. Lights On
If "Flow Activated" then "Turn lamp A, B, C and D On"

2. Coming Home
If "Someone comes home" and "it's after sunset" then "Activate flow 'Lights On'"

So when I test the flow 1, it's successful and the lights turn on
When I test flow 2, it's successful and it says that it activates the flow... except that the lights never turn on.

So, where is it going wrong?

Comments

• oliveolive Member
    Hey guys,

So I have two flows:

1. Lights On
    If "Flow Activated" then "Turn lamp A, B, C and D On"

2. Coming Home
    If "Someone comes home" and "it's after sunset" then "Activate flow 'Lights On'"

So when I test the flow 1, it's successful and the lights turn on
    When I test flow 2, it's successful and it says that it activates the flow... except that the lights never turn on.

So, where is it going wrong?
    Can you make a screenshot from your flow.
  • Okay, so this is the flow to turn on the lights:

Then these next two flows call the initial one:

Initially, Instead of the one flow calling another flow, they were each turning on the lights individually and that was working fine...

Also, if I test the flows, the test shows green ticks by all of the boxes to show that the conditions were met and that the flow was activated... but no lights turn on.
  • Okay, I found the mistake by myself :)

So I have the flow as "Schakel een Flow in", and I changed it to "Activeer een flow", and now it works.

So, I guess the question is then, what does "Schakel een Flow in" do?
  • You can "switch" a flow on and off with "schakel een flow in" and "schakel een flow uit". For example you make 2 flows who switch a light on and off if there is movemend detected by a motion sensor.

Witch a switch (of remote control) you can switch on and off there flows. I made a little example how this could work.

vb.png 280.6K