This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Option to disable default speech commands

I would love to be able to disable some, or even all of the default speech commands. They interfere with my flows quite a lot. Even the simplest solution of just being able to disable all of the default ones would make me very happy.

Comments

• +1, for just the lights on :blush:
  • +1 to prevent my sunshade from opening when I ask to open my curtains inside... 
  • SommoSommo Member
    +1
  • AmelsfortAmelsfort Member
    edited March 2017
    Or have the triggers configurable. Or a bit more specific. Especially the one where just 'lights on' switches on all the lights in the house. Except in case of a fire I don't see any reason why you would want to do that. And even in that case I don't think you would take the time to ask Homey to do so. :)
    If that trigger would include something linke 'whole house', you could use your own triggers without the default ones interfering.

Maybe this is already addressed in 1.2?
  • Would be nice, also have issues with this. Also with the predefined app suggestions. If I install the weatherunderground app and ask for the weather it says I need to install the weather app.
    Onother reason, if I want to display my stock on my chromecast with a speech command with the word stock in it it wont work but says I need to install the stock-app...
  • Would be nise to have a microfoon divice fore every room in the house.
    so you can talk to homey from ather rooms

• Would be nise to have a microfoon divice fore every room in the house.

A smaller Homey with only mic and speaker which can communicatie with big Homey. I hope that Athom will release such a Homey oneday.
  • HansieNL said:

Would be nise to have a microfoon divice fore every room in the house.

A smaller Homey with only mic and speaker which can communicatie with big Homey. I hope that Athom will release such a Homey oneday.
    i hope so to
  • Use and Amazon Echo.... all seems to work fine with Homey now (and it's voice interface is bloody amazing).

• Using external devices and services might be a solution but we paid good money for the Homey. Spending another 150 bucks to fix a service the Homey already offers shouldn't be necessary. And I think the fix could be as simple as being able to disable the default voice commands.
  • +1 for enable/disable default speech commands
  • @emile    perhaps an idea....    
    Would it be possible to make it so, that when a speech command is used in any flow, it will overrules the build in speech commands by Homey or devellopers ??
     :# 
    i doint know if it was already an idea for this issue, but i could not find it
  • WRos said:
    top.   missed that response