This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey & Amazon (dot) integration in the works?

Comments

• RamonBaas said:
    @MrDutchfighter From Slack:
    caseda [21:53]  so google home intergration also?
    weejewel [21:54] What makes you think that?
    caseda [21:54]  that nice and shiny google home besides echo
    weejewel [21:54] Haha, no, that's an air freshener
    Haha, an air freshener, sure :)
  • can someone get me slack access or say whats in the teaser video?

• hnijveen said:
    Thank you for the share, but this is a bummer. 
    'Alexa tell homey...' wasnt that already possible via a http card? I wanted to see if it would be possible to ask Alexa something that it then figures out to ask homey.. so 'alexa turn on the lights' and the lights are on homey, done...

Anybody who was hoping for something similar?
  • hnijveen said:
    'Alexa tell homey...' wasnt that already possible via a http card? I wanted to see if it would be possible to ask Alexa something that it then figures out to ask homey.. so 'alexa turn on the lights' and the lights are on homey, done...

No, it was only possible via IFTTT via specific triggers (i.e. trigger 'lights' to do something in Homey would only work by saying Alexa turn do something with the lights). You would need multiple IFTTT triggers for just as many flows in Homey, without ever getting full speech support.

This is the best that's possible as far as I know, as all of Alexa's commands with 3rd parties (i.e. not officially supported by Amazon) work this way.

• This is the best that's possible as far as I know, as all of Alexa's commands with 3rd parties (i.e. not officially supported by Amazon) work this way.
    No, the Vera integration is 'tighter'. I can ask Alexa to turn on the kitchen lights and it will do this via Vera. This integration via Homey is indeed a quite simple one.
  • Why not use the HAbridge>http Homey? 
  • As i can see on the site of robbshop,  the HAbridge does not need to say something to a 3rd party like @emile showed us.    But be awere that @Emile     is still testing.       Have feat (vertrouwen)    emile make it ok

• Just got the echo dot and have to say, really hope the homey can integrate easy as it is awesome! Voice recognition is so much better! 
    Worst case maybe combine it with a HAbridge
  • ofcouse i doint know, but i think  that  @Emile    will build/intergrade a sort of HAbridge inside Homey itself/
    atleast    i hope so 
  • hnijveen said:

No, it was only possible via IFTTT via specific triggers (i.e. trigger 'lights' to do something in Homey would only work by saying Alexa turn do something with the lights). You would need multiple IFTTT triggers for just as many flows in Homey, without ever getting full speech support.

This is the best that's possible as far as I know, as all of Alexa's commands with 3rd parties (i.e. not officially supported by Amazon) work this way.
    You only need one IFTTT flow saying whatever to Homey which triggers the emulation of what is being said. This will trigger all the flows already present as if you are talking to Homey instead of Alexa.

With HTTP cards this should even be possible without IFTTT.
  • I've been playing with a Echo Dot for a couple of days now, the only "bad" thing is that it does not work in Dutch, but for the rest this thing is awesome!

Alexa still hears & understands me when I'm in the hallway, homey no longer responds to any voice for some reason
    maybe its feelings got hurt along during one of those cursing sessions :-) 

• techniman said:
    I've been playing with a Echo Dot for a couple of days now, the only "bad" thing is that it does not work in Dutch, but for the rest this thing is awesome!

Alexa still hears & understands me when I'm in the hallway, homey no longer responds to any voice for some reason
    maybe its feelings got hurt along during one of those cursing sessions :-) 

:D 
    nice to hear.  cannot wait till i can buy one in dutch.
    Q. do you know if alexa can send http to homey?
  • technimantechniman Member
    edited February 2017
    not directly (atm)  but you could use the habridge as a temp solution, 
    though the bridge only works with a "On/Off/Dim" command 

e.g. "Alexa TV On" would send a request to HABridge which would then do a http request to homey (or domoticz) 
    triggering the selected flow 

• Sooo any update ;)
  • likely " Soon ™ " :neutral:
  • WTF?? Homey's Alexa Skill has been published!!
  • techniman said:
    WTF?? Homey's Alexa Skill has been published!!
    ?? where

• In the Alexa Skill store.. 

• wha,   NICE...         shame i have no alexa yet and so no alexa store.
    Please keep us informed how it works    :p
  • Hm...only for the UK Skill Store? In Germany is no Homey Skill
  • I think I'm using the US store   
  • Anyone know how to get this for the UK skill? 
  • itisiitisi Member
    Just installed this skill from the US store.
    Will test it as soon as i am home.
    Perhaps is this the moment to migrate from Domoticz to Homey...
  • its kinda slow
  • kinda slow as in "just as slow as with homey".. ? 
    or slower than alexa & hue ? 
    :-)
  • "Homey got your message but did not respond".. 
    could be the reason for the slowness, maybe alexa is waiting for a response and now it just times out
  • itisiitisi Member
    I can confirm, it is slow. 
    With Alexa2Harmony and Alexa2Hue support i have a 100% succes rate. 
    With Alexa2Homey i can't start a flow, only the default commands (i.e. Time) commands are working. I did set language to English. It looks like home has trouble to understand me, in speech-input i see the same behaviour as speaking directly to Homey... Do you guy's have better results?
  • I'm still on dutch but i get the no response ...response 

Offtopic i find it rather frustrating there has been 0 communication from Athom, I dont mind tweaking a bit but this is not the right approach
  • emile did responde

Please be aware that the Alexa skill hasn't been officially announced yet and is in internal testing.

By skipping 'ask Homey', we have to use the Alexa smart home api, which is very, very limited. Because Homey features our own advanced natural-language-processing software, it's a better solution to use that instead.