This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fibaro RGBW Z-Wave

I have a few fibaro RGBW Controllers that operate on Z-wave,   When I add these to homey it creates 1 Main device and a further 5 Sub devices.  The Main devices has Brightness, Hue, Saturation and temperature and then then sub devices are One for each colour, Red, Green, Blue and White and a further one that I am not sure about.   

Is there anyway to add these so it just appears as one device instead of 5?

Also when I choose the main device in a flow I don't see the same parameters as in the devices page,  There is on/off, brightness and hue.

Any help on this would be appreciated

Comments

• Submit a issue on Git with some screenshot of the device page, flow options and the 6(1main and 5 sub)devices?
  • AthomeyAthomey Member
    edited March 2016
    I think you will need an app for this specific device, to get wat you want, at this moment. I also think these apps for specific zwave devices are not really soon to be released or able to be build. First different steps are needed, on which @Taco  is working really hard at Athom.  

Technically: First there is the z-wave hardware chip, second the internal BIOS stack of Homey for this chip, then the API on top of that, then generic devices (which we have now) and thén we can get/make z-wave apps.  I've tried z-wave again last few days after havign Homey in it's box for a few weeks, and found z-wave to be quite unstable in the core of the z-wave stack in Homey itself in version 0.8.24 (see github issues I created), so I assume Athom z-wave API's have also not been released yet, and that there are no specific apps for Fibaro zwave 
    devices made yet.

Am I right @Taco ?   If not, please a statusupdate? Thx in advance!

I hope Athom will deliver an app for RGBW very soon. Next week they are starting with my new garden, and there are going to be added about 19 RGBW's of Fibaro to the garden. I fear having to deal with 114 seperate devices!
  • TacoTaco Member
    edited March 2016
    Homey creates 1 "root" device and 5 endpoint because the RGBW presents itself as a multichannel device with 5 endpoints. If you assign the "light" device class to the root device you can set the color. Fibaro uses the endpoints to dim each color separately.

We're planning to make a Fibaro app.
  • Taco said:
    Homey creates 1 "root" device and 5 endpoint because the RGBW presents itself as a multichannel device with 5 endpoints. If you assign the "light" device class to the root device you can set the color. Fibaro uses the endpoints to dim each color separately.

We're planning to make a Fibaro app.
    And does that mean that we will have 1 device+card in the future for 1 RGBW device?
  • TacoTaco Member
    That is one thing were trying to achieve with Z-Wave Apps ;)
  • Thanks Taco for the information, 

Should I be setting the other 5 ends points as lights or as something else?   Also the device in the flow does not have the same parameters as the same device in the devices page.

Looking forward to an app for this as its starting to get more unmanageable as I keep adding these. and once you at 114 devices like Athomey then this going to be difficult.
  • honeyhoney Member
    edited April 2016
    Is there any progress on this?

@AndyWilde Can you set specific colours in flow?

• Just added my rgbw controller. It shows 1 root devices and 5 endpoint. I assigned the root device as a light. Now i can turn my rgb ledstrip on and off and set the brightness, but can not change color. As soon as i change the color the rgb ledstrip goes off. What am i missing. Also to powermeasurement. Am i missing something like setting a specific parameter?
  • What did you define for the 5 endpoints? 
  • kastelemankasteleman Member
    edited April 2016
    Well, that's the problem: i couldn't and they show up with error refeshing device. I only could define the root device as light.
  • Try re adding it and setup each end point as a light
  • Already did it twice, same result! Everytime i can only define the root device, but the endpoints show dropdown but no possibility to select anything. The dropdowns seem to be empty.
  • OK, small step made. Need to configure parameter 14. Someboby around here with a working config and willing to share? The 5 child devices are now seen as wallsockets, so i'm messing something up considering parameter 14. Because initial it isn't set. At that moment the childdevices give error. As soon as i configure parameter 14 they show up, but in my case as socket in stead of dimmer/light.
  • Is it possible to make 5 faders for each channel (RGBW + main) in the flow and the app ?
  • If i'm not mistaken @caseda is working on the Fibaro RGB to get the settings all worked out.
  • This will indeed be included in the upcoming big update, will be only controllable with flow cards, since 5 sliders in a mobile card is too much.

Update is pretty much done, only 1 (annoying) challenge left before submitting.
  •  You just gotta love that guy.....  <3
  • Are the predefined programs (parameter 72) also supported via a flow card?
  • @ivoterhorst
    Good spot! Must have overlooked those settings that are there, was already thinking of how to implement animations in a way that doesn't use much traffic. 

They will definitely be implemented. 
    Very easy to do so. 
  • Spoken too soon about that being very easy, first 5 are apparently user definable, for that I will need to look how that is done (it is not in the manuals) 
    Shouldn't be too too hard. 

Still will be implemented :+1:
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited February 2017
    if anyone is willing to fully test out the new and improved RGBW controller driver for fibaro, be my guest:
    if anything odd is happening, please report it in the issues on my repository :smile: or in this treat
    (just not for the "dim flow card" that issue will be there until it is fixed in a future homey update)

full change log is in the last commit

if everything seems stable i'm going to send it in to athom

PS: a re-pair is needed in homey
    EDIT: fixed the "issue" of needing to re-pair the device, you will need to save the settings at least once (not needed to change any settings) to update the internal settings.
    do make sure you use the latest z-wave driver (>= 1.1.4)
    for best functionality also change the association group from group 3 to group 5 like it should 

PS 2: as for the 1-5 scenes, it was too much trouble to include for something that is easily possible inside homey itself by using flow cards
  • Any option to use the RGBW also for the analog inputs?
    They have 4 analog inputs set-able through parameters
  • @OGS that is indeed available in the rewrite, for sensor use, but also for dimming (potentiometer) use
  • Have there been people here who have tested the rgbw driver, if you have tested it, did you find any bugs/not working how you think it should work?

If nothing big comes up i will send it towards athom this evening for everyone else to use (and hopefully love) in the official app
  • I tested the RGBW today and noticed the following:
    - trigger card does not seem to work, no reaction in the Then
    - there are no tags related (in flow editor tags) to the analoge inputs so it very difficult to monitor if anything is coming in
    I tried both input 1 and 4 and the write to node seems to be working
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited February 2017
    @OGS
    What trigger card, there are 3 different ones.. 

If it is "voltage changed" then I hope you looked at the small info icon, and thus have your setting input on "analog"
    You can see the values in the global tags, I did not put it in the mobile card since it would add too many sensors to the card. 

And I hope you re-paired it if you already had it included in homey. Just like the Readme tells you :wink:
  • OGSOGS Member
    Hi Caseda,

indeed the re-pairing did the trick, now it is working fine
    Thanks

• OGS said:
    I tested the RGBW today and noticed the following:
    - trigger card does not seem to work, no reaction in the Then
    - there are no tags related (in flow editor tags) to the analoge inputs so it very difficult to monitor if anything is coming in
    I tried both input 1 and 4 and the write to node seems to be working
    Hi OGS,
    I was wondering what kind of analog input you have connected to the rgbw device. 
    Do you use a button or a 0-10v potmeter for the analog input?

I want to use mine as a wall dimmer, but I don't know what would be best to connect to it yet. Any suggestions?
  • OGSOGS Member
    Hi JaapPelt,

I connected a wind meter to it that sends out 0 to 10 V depending on the wind speed.
    I tested it with a 5 V powersupply before placing it at its final place and that worked fine too.
    I think a 0 to 10 V potentiometer should work fine
  • @JaapPelt I use a simple push button for turning on/off with a single push. Double push for full brightness and hold to set the brightness. I believe triple click enables the default effect, I am not sure have to try it.