This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey V1.2

"Homey Music is not only amazing, but it will finally be shipped to the private Developer Preview channel next week, where the hardcore enthousiasts will help us find any bugs to prepare the Music update for the rest of you."

Time is running out...

Comments

• Sorry to ask. It's probably just me. But what's the use of this topic or the question? 
  • i think its nice to be informed....        
  • mruiter said:
    Sorry to ask. It's probably just me. But what's the use of this topic or the question? 
    The question is to the Homey organisation, they promised V1.2 this week.  Missed it or is it forbidden to remind them?
  • Ur developer also? Then u would know that the dev preview channel is for a select group of peeps for testing the next release aye? So why u wanna ask on the forum about this, don't get it realy.
  • mruiter said:
    Sorry to ask. It's probably just me. But what's the use of this topic or the question? 
    According to you 6 (and counting) likes there are people who do not care ;-)
  • You're forum post text needs some editing if you ment to ask about the current status for 1.2

I guess there will be a official announcement from athom later today. But the conclusion is that the apps still had some quirks communicating together to the media center core of homey. 
    They really wanted to get it out to the dev preview people and all was still looking promising this morning. But after this day of testing they found to many quirks and decided to postpone again. 

I'm a naggy person. Also no problem to be called a nagger. But I takes guts to postpone the release of 1.2.x yet again. 
    They also learned from the past. Where they released because of people telling them that time was running out. Those same people that where crying about time where also the biggest crybabys because not everything was working like they wanted..... 

Go figure... 
  • Ur developer also? Then u would know that the dev preview channel is for a select group of peeps for testing the next release aye? So why u wanna ask on the forum about this, don't get it realy.
    That's they way it has been done as long as I am on this forum, and that's been a while.
    That's they way it has been done as long as I am on this forum, and that's been a while.
    Ok. Am not here for so long so don't know the protocol for that yet. But asking on the forums for a developers release is wyrd in my opinion. Just relax man, it will be there when they feel it's ready. And u don't wanna have a 1.2.0 that is freaking out ur Homey , do u?
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited February 2017
    mruiter said:
    The question is to the Homey organisation, they promised V1.2 this week.  Missed it or is it forbidden to remind them?
    Like your good in reading they also said that 1.2 would become available in dev preview, so only 29 Homey users would get it. That's why people are wondering (and like the post of mruiter i assume) why you make a post like this, with no further information or real question but mostly in a negative way.

Athom didn't said it would become available in experimental or stable so it was clear you wouldn't get it today. Next update from @weejewel is next week for everyone, he will tell why and how in it for sure. Better do it right then halfgebakken :) 

They postponed it to us for good reasons. Just like said above you don't want a Homey that isn't working what happends in dev preview to some in there with previous versions. After the work of dev preview it can come to experimental and in a couple of weeks at stable. Athom is doing what they can with the small but great team they have, they have some vacansies maybe  you can fill one in to fast forward the updates? 
  • Ah I missed the dev preview part.  I'm sorry. When did they introduce that? So now they built the software, test it themselves, move it to dev preview, then to experimental and finally to stable. That's how we do it, except that we do the module and system test ourselves. We call it DTAP:  Develop (developers), Test (developers), Acceptance (customer) and Production (customer). 

@lubbertkramer : I'm not searching for a job, I have a good one. I'm probably too expensive anyway ;-).

Btw is part of the Ambassador 'job' monitoring the Forum? You seem rather active.
  • Btw is part of the Ambassador 'job' monitoring the Forum? You seem rather active.
    Not that I know, but I can only speak for myself. I see my job as ambassador to help people to have as much fun as possible using their Homey and one part is helping people on the forum.
  • Ah I missed the dev preview part.  I'm sorry. When did they introduce that? So now they built the software, test it themselves, move it to dev preview, then to experimental and finally to stable. That's how we do it, except that we do the module and system test ourselves. We call it DTAP:  Develop (developers), Test (developers), Acceptance (customer) and Production (customer). 

@lubbertkramer : I'm not searching for a job, I have a good one. I'm probably too expensive anyway ;-).

Btw is part of the Ambassador 'job' monitoring the Forum? You seem rather active.
    Dev preview has been launched at the Athom event in Enschede last year. That's indeed how they do it, first they test it at Athom, move it to dev preview to get the biggest issues covered and then to experimental and mostly it become's stable fast after been moved to experimental. 

No that's not a Ambassador "job", i'm just responding when i can and where i can. I'm more active on the Tweakers topic / Slack then here mostly :) Ambassador is more telling about Homey and when people would like they can visit your house to see Homey in action -> https://www.athom.com/nl/community/ (on this page is a map of ambassadors :) )
  • how do i get update v1.2.0
  • how do i get update v1.2.0
    It's not out yet :(
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited February 2017
    how do i get update v1.2.0
    Read the update from @weejewel good because he stated that it would become available to dev preview (see it as alpha), that's only 29 Homey users to test the update before everyone can use it when they use experimental (see it as open beta) updates on Homey. As stated above the release to dev preview has been delayed.

Edit:
    1.2 just been released in dev preview
  • 1.0.2.? Interesting.
  • i think the best could be 2.1.0 :D stay tuned on year 2100
  • hnijveen said:
    1.0.2.? Interesting.
    Looking good! For now Soundcloud, Spotify (only with sonos), Google Music and Chromecast are working. 
  • i have spotify but no sonos  :'(