This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Tricky Hue question

Hi guys, 

I love the forum. I always get enough inspiration or tips to make Homey even better than it was. I do have something that is a bit tricky and someone here might have the answer to the question.

There are Hue Ambiance and Hue Color lights in my house. I want to change the color temperature of the lights that are being turned on based on the time of the day. In the morning I would like the temperature to be 25%, and in the evening 75%. When I use the temperature slider in the Hue app, it will turn on the light, which is not what I want. Does anyone know what I can do about this? Can I perhaps set the value via a variable? 

Love to hear from you!
Jeffrey

Comments

• I was hoping it could be changed more dynamically, but too bad. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Can't you use: If HUE light is turned on then set temperature?
  • edited February 2017
    Why not define a few scenes (set lamps, colours, temp, ...) using the Philips Hue app and create a few flows (conditions) to call the scenes?
  • U could also make a number variable with the Better logic app, name it HueTemp or something u like.
    Make the variable change any time of the day with some flows like:
     IF time = 06.00 THEN set number variable to 0.25.
     IF time = 16.00 THEN set number variable to 0.75.
    U can now drag the HueTemp tag on top of the slider in a flow.
    Just some suggestions.

• U could also make a number variable with the Better logic app, name it HueTemp or something u like.
    Make the variable change any time of the day with some flows like:
     IF time = 06.00 THEN set number variable to 0.25.
     IF time = 16.00 THEN set number variable to 0.75.
    U can now drag the HueTemp tag on top of the slider in a flow.
    Just some suggestions.

I didn't knew that! Thanks, that was what I was looking for.