This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[App v0.1.0] Heating Schedule - App can only me sideloaded (no SDK2 yet)

Comments

• @erwinrensink @CodeKing yes its the internal Homewizard/Heatlink page.
    I set a schedule via Homey and then verified it kicked in with the data applied.

• 0.0.3 is not working with the nest,the nest is visible on the screen but nothing happens after enable,sorry
  • ok, but thank you for testing.
    I will check that tomorrow with an nest device from a friend to see where to fix it.
  • I've made some test flow and a schedule for a Evohome system. Yesterday evening I get the first test messages. I was using the app store version.
    Today I gonna install the github version.
    Last days I thinking about a adaptive heating control. That's a normal function in evohome. I think I have a solution for that. I gonna engineer a algorithm.
  • @Wros yes that adaptive stuff would be nice. Heatlink doesn't do that but my Honeywell Modulation Touch does.
  • Hi,

Love the idea of this app!
    It doesn't seem to work with my Danfoss LC-13 radiator thermostat. I have a couple of them but none of them seem to respond to the schedule I configured yesterday.
    Any thoughts?

I have a question as well. In my livingroom I have a Nefit Easy thermostat and a Danfoss radiator thermostat. (I have a bypass in the system so I can control the temp through the combination of the two).
    What will happen if I create a schedule for my livingroom? Will both the Nefit Easy thermostat and the Danfoss be set to the same temperature?

Cheers,

Rob
  • CodeKingCodeKing Member
    edited February 2017
    Hi Rob,

since I own 11 pieces of the Danfoss LC-13 too, they should work! Please wait until the 0.0.3 is published in the appstore (still awaiting aproval) or install it from the github repository. This version should work more stable.

Hint: The temperatures of the Danfoss LC-13 won't update immediately, they will update within the wakeup interval of 5 minutes.

For your question:
    Right now it would set both thermostat's to the same temperature on schedule. I may implement something in a future version, that you could set the temperatures for each thermostat separately.

Frank
  • CodeKing said:
    Hi Rob,

since I own 11 pieces of the Danfoss LC-13 too, they should work! Please wait until the 0.0.3 is published in the appstore (still awaiting aproval) or install it from the github repository. This version should work more stable.

Hint: The temperatures of the Danfoss LC-13 won't update immediately, they will update within the wakeup interval of 5 minutes.

For your question:
    Right now it would set both thermostat's to the same temperature on schedule. I may implement something in a future version, that you could set the temperatures for each thermostat separately.

Frank
    Thanks for the quick response. I've waited for more than an hour, so it's probably not a timing issue. But I'll wait until 0.0.3 is approved and try that. I do have the E5 error problem, maybe this affects the app? Do you experience the E5 error on the Danfoss thermostats as well?

Hopefully you can implement the setting for separate thermostats soon. I really need it because sometimes I want to heat a different room but not the living room. This would really help me.
  • Thanks for the quick response. I've waited for more than an hour, so it's probably not a timing issue. But I'll wait until 0.0.3 is approved and try that. I do have the E5 error problem, maybe this affects the app? Do you experience the E5 error on the Danfoss thermostats as well?

Hopefully you can implement the setting for separate thermostats soon. I really need it because sometimes I want to heat a different room but not the living room. This would really help me.

I do have the E5 error sometimes, too. In this case my thermostats updates the temperature within about 20 -30 minutes, but I do not want to exclude that this thermostat might be never be update in case of communication gaps. Maybe this causes the error. Anyways in v0.0.4 (which is planned for the weekend), I'll implement a logging function so everybody can better see what happens.

For your different thermostats, you could split them in seperate zones (in the device manager of homey), after that you'll be able to schedule them seperatly if this would be an option for you.
  • CodeKing said:

For your different thermostats, you could split them in seperate zones (in the device manager of homey), after that you'll be able to schedule them seperatly if this would be an option for you.
    Great idea! Nice out-of-the-box thinking, I like it :)

• v1.0.0 stable version is on it's way to the appstore.

Changlog:
    • verify bearer token on saving
    • log output added to the app settings screen
    • nest thermostat is working (verified with physical device from a friend)
    • condition card: current zone's temperature is greater / less than (if available by device, the measured temperature will used, otherwise the target temperature)
  • version v1.0.0
    crashes after install stack trace:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
    at api (/app.js:476:39)
    at getConfig (/app.js:58:5)
    at /app.js:38:9
    at process.<anonymous> (/homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:1269)
    at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)
    at process.emit (events.js:172:7)
    at internal/child_process.js:721:12
    at nextTickCallbackWith0Args (node.js:436:9)
    at process._tickCallback (node.js:365:13)

Exit code: 1
    Exit signal: null

• satbopper said:
    version v1.0.0
    crashes after install stack trace:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
    at api (/app.js:476:39)
    at getConfig (/app.js:58:5)
    at /app.js:38:9
    at process.<anonymous> (/homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:1269)
    at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)
    at process.emit (events.js:172:7)
    at internal/child_process.js:721:12
    at nextTickCallbackWith0Args (node.js:436:9)
    at process._tickCallback (node.js:365:13)

Exit code: 1
    Exit signal: null

Hmm wired, could you try a clean Installation of the app? I will do some Tests later too
  • after some adjustments, CodeKing well done,we can say it is working fully with the nest thermostat
  • @CodeKing

I have discovered a problem with this app. I have the app installed and make a schedule wich should control my Toon thermostat. I've made flow who send a notification to my phone when the is something changed. Just for a time to test it all.  
    Since the last update I get every time the schedule changes the temperature a notification on my phone. So that seems to work fine, however sometimes the temperature on the Toon stays the same and isn't changing. Can you tell me what is wrong?

2nd question: What is difference between the two trigger cards exactly? "Thermostaat IS aangepast" and "Thermostaat WORDT aangepast"? Wicht triggers fires when?
  • CodeKingCodeKing Member
    edited February 2017
    @satbopper
    thanks for your collaboration and patience on friday evening via slack. Glad to hear that the nest thermostat is working now :)

@HarmLutjeboer

Hmm when the theromstat isn't available in the z-wave network it CAN be, that the trigger has no effect. I had the same problem on my Danfoss LC13 thermostats which working fine at least since the last driver update. Before I sometimes had connection problems with them too, which occurs in not updating temperatures or they updated with a delay of 30 - 60 minutes.

In v1.0.0 you'll see the log output in the app settings, perhaps that give more information with your toon thermostats.

The trigger cards mean:
    "Thermostat wordt aangepast" > triggers, when the scheduler is trying to update the temperature
    "Thermostat is aangepast" > triggers, when the scheduler verified the temperature update from the thermostat

I hope the translation is fine, if not feel free to correct me :)
    I made this two triggers because not every thermostat updates the temperature immediately, like my Danfoss thermostats updates within the wakeup interval of 5 minutes (or even later when I have connection issues before the last driver update).
  • @CodeKing, nice!

How about creating a general purpose scheduling app as a spin-off of the heating schedule app?

I have several flows which do on/off scheduling, for instance for auxiliary heating (not thermostat regulated), and for 'occupancy simulation'. In both cases it's just a matter of enabling certain devices for several time periods each day.

I guess an on and /off action triggering another flow/action would be all you need. I think this would be useful for just about any Homey user.

I had been thinking about creating an app once done with the NAD app, but with the heating schedule it's nearly there already (and much better than my attempt would have been  :) ).

Thanks,

Regards, Anne
  • @anne
    I already thought about this, since a similar suggestion was written in the app thread.

It shouldn't be that much work to use the basics from the heating scheduler app and extend it to work that way with triggering flows instead of thermostats.

May I ask you to provide me some more examples with screenshots of them? I will try to get everything done by the next 1-2 weeks.

• CodeKing said:
    @HarmLutjeboer

Hmm when the theromstat isn't available in the z-wave network it CAN be, that the trigger has no effect. I had the same problem on my Danfoss LC13 thermostats which working fine at least since the last driver update. Before I sometimes had connection problems with them too, which occurs in not updating temperatures or they updated with a delay of 30 - 60 minutes.

In v1.0.0 you'll see the log output in the app settings, perhaps that give more information with your toon thermostats.

Thanks for the reaction,

the Toon thermostat isn't connected by z-wave to homey. The Toon did have z-wave on board so you can connect "slimme stekkers" and smoke detectors on it. The connection to homey is true your personal account and the servers from eneco. The same way it works with the eneco app. The Toon app for the homey is still in beta version, so maybe it isn't just reliable enough to work 100% with the schedule app.

• CodeKing said:

The trigger cards mean:
    "Thermostat wordt aangepast" > triggers, when the scheduler is trying to update the temperature
    "Thermostat is aangepast" > triggers, when the scheduler verified the temperature update from the thermostat

I hope the translation is fine, if not feel free to correct me :)
    I made this two triggers because not every thermostat updates the temperature immediately, like my Danfoss thermostats updates within the wakeup interval of 5 minutes (or even later when I have connection issues before the last driver update).
    Right, that makes sense now. The Toon thermostat that I had didn't have a wakeup interval, so in my case (if it works) both triggers fire almost the same time.
  • @CodeKing, awesome :-)

The flows I use are simple (and iterative  :| ).

For scheduling the auxiliary heating (for the bathroom, electrical radiator plugged into a fibaro powerplug) I have 13 flows:

- Three time periods per day, so three 'on' flows and three 'off' flows, triggered by time. One in de morning two in the evening.
    - The flows are duplicated in two sets, one for weekdays, the other one for holidays.
    - In addition to the time-based flows I have a flow to turn off the heating when a certain temperature is reached (triggered by temp. measured by a sensor monitoring temperature and humidity in the bathroom). This flow is just a backup flow to avoid wasting electricity. The radiator has a thermostat, but my family members have a tendency to mess with it and set it too high ;-)

Each flow has two conditions, 1. if weekday|holiday, 2. if anyone at home. The action is to turn the powerplug on or off.

The flows are triggered by time, except for a single flow that switches off the heating when a certain tempature is reached.

The lighting schedule I use is more of the same, turn on at a pre-set time in the morning and off again based at 'end sunrise' + offset, and turned on in the evening based on the 'golden hour' time (using the 'Sun Events' app), and turned off at a pre-set time. 

An option to randomize the offset to the time would be a great feature to have by the way.  :)

Regards, Anne
  • tuxtux Member

Hi,
    Since 2 days I get the following error. It seems that the scheduler is working (thermostat switches at the given times), but I can not disable / enable the system or control individual zones. Homey 1.1.9 and Heating Scheduler 1.0 are currently installed. I have already reset the whole system to the factory state. No success! Does anyone have a tip for me?

Regards

• Hello

i got a question i am thinking about getting the homey. i now use zipato and the thermostat function is the most important.i now use a fibaro relay combined with a temperature sensor to activate my fan-coil units to heat/cool the room via a thermostat program. Is it possible with this app to use a temperature sensor lets say a fibaro multi sensor and a fibaro relay to create a programmable thermostat zone for heating and cooling?

• @CodeKing

Your app is working great for my Horstmann/Secure SRT321 Thermostat. Great work!!
    Do you mind that I steal your Schedule and stuff for this app I have in mind for a wake up light?

• Need some help...

I have an everspring wall mounted thermostat and a few other Temperature reporting devices..

when I go to set up the Heating Schedule... I onyl see my iKettle as the selectable Thermostat....

is it me? what am I not understanding here?
  • @konradwalsh
    The app searches for devices with the target_temperature capability  (setting the temperature goal).  Maybe these devices do not have this capability in their driver??
  • Right, that makes sense now. The Toon thermostat that I had didn't have a wakeup interval, so in my case (if it works) both triggers fire almost the same time.
    It might also been the connection with Toon, i have so many times issues with Toon not setting the correct temperature and that even using the homey stock cards. i strongly getting the urge to sell the Toon (if it still bings up anything..) and get something else the API is way to unstable.  
  • Is anyone using this app succesfully with Honeywell EvoHome?
  • @CodeKing great app!
    I'm currently testing it with my new app for the Thermofloor app providing support for the Multireg / Heatit / Magnum electrical thermostats... So far so good! 

The thermofloor app has specific setpoints per thermostat mode, which I also saw for other thermostats.
    Would it be possible to add an option to choose a thermostat mode instead of a temperature?
  • Marius said:
    Hello

i got a question i am thinking about getting the homey. i now use zipato and the thermostat function is the most important.i now use a fibaro relay combined with a temperature sensor to activate my fan-coil units to heat/cool the room via a thermostat program. Is it possible with this app to use a temperature sensor lets say a fibaro multi sensor and a fibaro relay to create a programmable thermostat zone for heating and cooling?

Coming from a zipato system i have the same question. With zipato it was possible to assign any device with a temperature sensor to measure the room temperature and the danfoss thermostat would correct the room temperature according to that sensors measurement. 

Any possibility to achieve this with homey? As far as i know the danfoss thermostat doesnt have an actual temp. sensor to measure room temperature