This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] Harmony Hub App (v1.0.4)

Comments

• olive said:
    I don't know if it is just me, but Harmony Hub didn't crash anymore since updating Homey to v1.1.9...
    Same here but what was the problem?
    In my case Harmony Hub app crashed about once every day. Did not happen anymore after Homey's 1.1.9 update.
  • Eternity said:
    Well, it still will simply *not* install on my HOmey. Tried everything, except a reset.

The community points at Homey support. Homey support points at the developer, I am stuck.

The Github version or from the store?
  • @Fire69
    Tried both. Neither will install. 
  • App store is known to give an error for certain apps during installation but it does actually install the app. 
    Did you verify that? 
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited February 2017
    @Fire69
    Yes, I have experienced that too. An error with installation, but the App did install. Unfortunately, this is not the case in this situation.

I will perform a Recovery and see if that solves this problem. Lately my Hue's also show offline, so more seems unstable..
  • HansieNLHansieNL Member
    edited February 2017
    Have you tried with all other apps disabled? Maybe you can try that first.
    1. Disable all apps 2. Restart Homey and wait 10 minutes 3. Try to install Harmony Hub app.
  • Well, I am still stuck... 

- I reset my Homey by running recovery and restoring the data.
    - tried to install the Harmony App
    - it fails with an error

I pulled the plug, waited and reconnected.
    -  I disabled all other Apps
    - PTY
    - tried to in install Harmony App
    - fails with an error.

I don't want to perform a recovery with factory reset, s I will loose all z-wave pairing. I will use the IFTTT route to control my Harmony related stuff.... but I do find this frustrating!
  • ispaapenispaapen Member
    edited February 2017
    @Eternity i moved over to IFTTT too, works so much better than the Harmony app. With the latest Homey firmware it works almost 100% with voice too. I was able to install the Harmony app but im only able to switch on devices, not able to switch them off again.
  • What a bummer that the Harmony App has broken for so many of us.
  • Yes it is, hopefully it will work soon. I prefer the hamony app over IFTTT, but for now i don't have another solution.
    edited February 2017
    Eternity said:
    What a bummer that the Harmony App has broken for so many of us.
    I did install version GitHub version 0.3.4 because of all the problems. Maybe you can try if that version works for you too.
  • HansieNL said:
    Eternity said:
    I did install version GitHub version 0.3.4 because of all the problems. Maybe you can try if that version works for you too.
    Can you explain how to download 0.3.4  I can only find version 1.0.5.
    I know how to install but not how to download a old version.
  • I don't know if it is just me, but Harmony Hub didn't crash anymore since updating Homey to v1.1.9...
    Too happy too early... For a few days it seemed to be stable, but in the past 24 hours Harmony Hub App crashed three times with the strange "Error: Uncaught, unspecified "error" event. (XMPP authentication failure)".
  • 0burner0 said:
    HansieNL said:
    Eternity said:
    Can you explain how to download 0.3.4  I can only find version 1.0.5.
    I know how to install but not how to download a old version.
    1. Goto: https://github.com/netactivenl/com.logitech.harmony.hub/tree/10d08ece62b9c76e57c01d41dabd629d14d370c6

2. Follow instructions how to cli install app https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1448/how-to-cli-install-method

3.De-install recent app before install this old version. [WARNING] You have to rebuild your flows containing Harmony Hub blocks!
  • @HansieNL is that version working well? Or at least more stable than 1.0.4?
  • ispaapen said:
    @HansieNL is that version working well? Or at least more stable than 1.0.4?
    For me it works well. No more commands that are not executed.
  • Ok i'll give it a try
  • I tried installing via Github, too. 

Unfortunately that doesn't work either.... I get an error "'socket hang up".

• Eternity said:
    I tried installing via Github, too. 

Installing here works but cant send a device only command. Can only start scene's
  • 0burner0 said:
    Eternity said:
    I tried installing via Github, too. 

Installing here works but cant send a device only command. Can only start scene's
    You mean you can't select them? If so how do you connect to Homey, via the desktop app or Chrome?

edited February 2017
    0burner0 said:
    I have some flows to switch TV channel and to mute TV. Just made some new flows with device only commands. AND tested of course.
  • Hello @brinkie ... everything OK?  If you need some assistance, just give a shout!
  • i have got 2 hubs 1 works fine but the second (livingroom) won't work, it gives a mac adres error.

• 0burner00burner0 Member
    edited February 2017
    Keyboard broke to?
    i have got 2 hubs 1 works fine but the second (livingroom) won't work, it gives a mac adres error.

• 0burner0 said:
    Keybord broke to?
    i have got 2 hubs 1 works fine but the second (livingroom) won't work, it gives a mac adres error.

Hahaha

This was very good  :D :D :D
  • since i have made a flow that each hour runs and does do nothing special the app keeps running. Normally it did not always respond the first time after a while but that is now history.

• glijie said:
    since i have made a flow that each hour runs and does do nothing special the app keeps running. Normally it did not always respond the first time after a while but that is now history.

Nice idea! Did you install a device on your Harmony that you don't have, and send a remote control command to it every hour?
  • i use the device i have ( my tv). I suppose that you can use any signal you want, but i did not test that.
  • glijie said:
    since i have made a flow that each hour runs and does do nothing special the app keeps running. Normally it did not always respond the first time after a while but that is now history.

Nice idea! Did you install a device on your Harmony that you don't have, and send a remote control command to it every hour?
    Harmony Hub didn't crash for at least a week.... starting from the moment I made Homey/Harmony Hub send an IR-command every 18 seconds.
    Could it be that the App has troubles when Harmony Hub goes in sleep-mode...Maybe this can help @brinkie find a solution...?
  • glijie said:

Harmony Hub didn't crash for at least a week.... starting from the moment I made Homey/Harmony Hub send an IR-command every 18 seconds.
    Could it be that the App has troubles when Harmony Hub goes in sleep-mode...Maybe this can help @brinkie find a solution...?
    here the same except i send a signal every 1 hour