This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fibaro and Homey working side by side

Hi all,

Okay here is what I'm trying to achieve. Recentently I opened up a showroom where we sale Fibaro and homey and other Z-wave products. Now what I'm trying to do is use homey as a slave device next to our Fibaro HC2. I've tried to connect them in the same Z-wave network. That I achieved. Now I want to use the devices as well on our HC2 and on Homey. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Comments

• Hi Aurelia,

Not an answer to your question, but facing the same issue.
    Could add homey to the Fibaro HC2 succesfull. But didn't see any value of adding it, neither I could use the devices connected to Fibaro in homey.

So I am following this thread as well. Hope someone could provide an answer.
  • Hi aurelia,

i, m not sure how i did it but i have a fibaro hc2 and the homey controlling my lights and blinds
    So it 's possible. I first added the homey to the fibaro network ( it showed up as a undifined object),  and played arround with the master slave settings,  then i paired every module with the homey and after that it worked i can control the lights via my fibaro app or my homey. I only have trouble with pairing my smokesensor . I hope this was helpfull, good luck with the shop.

•  I first added the homey to the fibaro network ( it showed up as a undifined object),  and played arround with the master slave settings, 

can you describe this step-by-step?

•  I first added the homey to the fibaro network ( it showed up as a undifined object),  and played arround with the master slave settings, 

can you describe this step-by-step?

We need this
  • first make fibaro workable with homey,that is the first step and no more shit of queue full and not detecting motion
  • I'm not really having that much difficulties with Fibaro products
  • I,m sorry but i can't tell you how i did it.  There was no method to it, it was all trial and error. I even had to restore my hc2 to previous backup because i couldn't control anything no more. For now everything works ok so i'm a little bit scared to mess arround with it again. I hope you find what your looking for while playing arround whit your setup.
  • I read somewhere that you need to try it a couple of times. Unfortantly that didn't work for me. When I get the time I will try again. The homey I have there doesn't have much installed and I have backup of the flow. If I do get something, I'll be sure to post it. OF course I'm still hoping someone who knows how.