This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

IO Homecontrol

2»

Comments

• Stefan said:
    Hi Dennis,

That's correct, IO Homecontrol is still a no-go - and we don't know if we'll be able to integrate it sometime. As of now, IO is closed, secured and not yet known on the internet.  RTS will work though.
    Ouups, it's bad news, we'll keep waiting....
  • Any news on this? 
  • RippieRippie Member
    Curious about that myself.

Just got my screen installed with the Somfy Home IO motor...
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Don't get your hopes up, probably not going to happen. Lots of people have asked Somfy to open-up this protocol but they refuse... like @Stefan said:
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/44511/#Comment_44511
  • Still nothing? :(
  • xeor said:
    Still nothing? :(j
    What part of Stefan's post was not clear?
    Did you contact Somfy  or Velux to ask for support? Maybe they can create the Homey app.

Or have you found new information on  the internet that someone has hacked the protocol and can send signals without special IO Homecontrol hardware?

Just sell your IO Homecontrol and buy something else and tell everyone else to do so and never buy it. 
    It is the only way to let the company know
  • CarloVCarloV Member
    Is there any progress on this?
    I am thinking to buy this techology, the RTS technoloty is on its way out (even for Homey) and there seems to be no other provider of electronicly controled blinds.

thenks for the feedback
  • BramBram Member
    edited June 2018
    @CarloV ;IO Homecontrol is still a no-go - and we don't know if we'll be able to integrate it directly with Homey. There is a developer in the community who made an app for Homey to connect to the TaHoma Box, which can control IO motors. However, this means you still need to have a TaHoma Box next to Homey. More information about the app can be found here: https://apps.athom.com/app/com.somfy.tahoma
  • DjeeVieDjeeVie Unconfirmed, Member
    I too have the problem with IO from Somfy. Sadly I don't think there is going to be a solution that let's Homey control's Somfy IO directly. But I think I have found a way to bypass it, but maybe not in the way you guys prefer.

I opened my Somfy IO remote and check how the remote worked, it's pretty basic. First let me explain what the buttons do. (see image)

Button 1: Opens my sunscreen
    Button 2: Closes my sunscreen
    Button 3: Basicly it's giving a signal and when that signal connect with button 1,2 or 4 it opens or close the sunscreen.
    Button 4: It's stopts the sunscreen at any given moment. 

Personally I don't use button 4, but you can set it up like button 1 or 2.

Basicly I whant to attach a wire to button 1, 2 and 3 and connect the wire to a KAKU ASUN-650. My Homey is standing nearby the sunscreen, so it shouldn't be a problem. I do believe that the KAKU device, or another one, should be a pulse. Otherwise the remote wil constantly transmit a signal.

The ASUN-650 does need to be connected to a 230 v power source. Most logical that would be a wall outlet.

What do you guys think and do you think it's going to work? It already works when I connect the wires manually.

At the end it will be a lot of work for a tiny problem, thanks Somfy.

• JPeJPe Member
    Looks good, don't see any problem, should work  :) :)
  • I have thought of the same my self.
    But I would need to by a spare remote (in case something just dont want to work one day).
    Stupid somfy making us mod remotes to get it to work.
  • An ASUN 650 switches on receiving a on or off signal the up or down contact for 120 seconds from the common.  If you want to disconnect you need to send the same signal again but the fastest I got was ~2 seconds. If you transmit faster the kaku thinks it is the same signal. 

If due to interference the first signal is missed by the Kaku the second signal will start the switch and it will be connected for 120 seconds untill the ASUN falls back to the not connected state.

Tested with an older Kaku app for homey,  Maybe later I will retest with the new 4.0 app
  • JPeJPe Member
    Be aware that you just "pulse" the contacts, maybe it can be done by a setting, otherwise, switch ON, and OFF one second later in the same flow!
  • DjeeVieDjeeVie Unconfirmed, Member
    JPe said:
    Be aware that you just "pulse" the contacts, maybe it can be done by a setting, otherwise, switch ON, and OFF one second later in the same flow!
    That's a great idea in case the controller doesn't pulse. Thank you