This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

Official Homey Android App discussion topic

1181920212224»

Comments

• following message op Galaxy S7 
    10 errors ?
    I used the app 2 times today.

• rraets said:
    following message op Galaxy S7 
    10 errors ?
    I used the app 2 times today.

S7 user here i have no such issues on my phone 
  • Hello everyone. From the first sight it looks like is a modernized radio device. It plays your desired music, is capable to read a news and custom alarm clock. But as I explored it further it looks like there is a way more additional features. Cool gadget :)
  • PimBliekPimBliek Member
    edited March 2017
    Any updates on geofencing? I recently moved from iPhone to an Android device and while on iOS this worked fine, on my shiny Android phone the Homey Geofencing is a disaster.... Seems totally random. Works about 25% of the time. Thinks I left the house several times a day when I am at HOME.
    Totally useless like this.

Oh and all that Music & Media stuff is nice and such... but for me it is a nice to have... Geofencing working properly is a MUST have for me.
  • Denn1992Denn1992 Member
    edited March 2017
    @PimBliek, I know the android app is far from ready. I have successfully set up a MQTT broker with homey.(https://forum.athom.com/discussion/2804/setup-homey-with-mqtt-for-location-detection/p1)(credits to ingmar)

With this I have on my android phone a 100% working presence detection. Homey even knows when im on work and leaving work with this set up :wink:

If you dont want to wait for Athom to fix it, you could try it this way?
  • Imperihome's developers have a Homey and have checked the possibility to add it to their software. Unfortunately......they have halted any development,  because they are waiting for the REST API and new SDK
     CLICK
  • Denn1992 said:
    @PimBliek, I know the android app is far from ready. I have successfully set up a MQTT broker with homey.(https://forum.athom.com/discussion/2804/setup-homey-with-mqtt-for-location-detection/p1)(credits to ingmar)

Now that looks pretty cool, thanks! Going to give that a try.
  • Yesterday I was checking what happens if you say 'Good morning' to Homey, but Homey responded with 'If you say that using the app, I can update your status'. This morning I tried the same using the app, but Homey responded with the same message.
  • MbenzNoMbenzNo Member
    edited May 2017
    It seems that it is not possible to show more than 10 Zones in the app. I have 12 Zones Pluss Home and I am unable to reach the last two Zones in the app.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Android v. 6.0.1
    App v. 2.3.3 - Build 69
    Homey firmware v. 1.2.2
    Homey desktop app v 1.0.3
  • Priknr1Priknr1 Member
    edited June 2017
    MbenzNo said:
    It seems that it is not possible to show more than 10 Zones in the app. I have 12 Zones Pluss Home and I am unable to reach the last two Zones in the app.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Android v. 6.0.1
    App v. 2.3.3 - Build 69
    Homey firmware v. 1.2.2
    Homey desktop app v 1.0.3
    An issue for this has already been made, so this is a known fault.
  • Can someone tell me what's the best way to run Android in Windows?