This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] Harmony Hub App (v1.0.4)

Comments

• I have a question about the trigger card. What is the difference between (or; how can I make better use of) the following trigger cards:

- activiteit starten gevraagd (activity start requested)
    - activiteit bezig met starten (activity starting)
    - activiteit gestart (activity started)

How to benefit from these 3 different activity start/stop states in Flows?
  • Hans said:
    brinkie said:
    Hans said:
    @Menno: I've read this whole thread, but didn't find my problem. When I choose device Denon avr-x4200w and then click in type I get the message: homey offline.
    The other devices are working perfectly.
    Sounds interesting, but I can't imagine that that error message has anything to do with this app. Is it reproducible?
    Yes, I can reproduce it all the time. It never worked for this device. Can I do something to debug it?
    Bump
  • Have a strange issue. In order to test it I did the following:

- create an activity in the Harmony software and called it "Test tbv Homey flows"
    - this activity shwos up on my Harmony remote and can be switched on/off
    - create a flow in Homey:

if ......... Activity Starts
    and..... Activity contains 'Homey"
    than....switch on/off the ventilator in my room

This does not work...

What is wrong with it?
  • I really dont know what is going on but this stopped working for me all together, Even a previous version of the app which worked fine before does nothing anymore (yes, I did re-pair). Perhaps it's something related to my Harmony Hub but it's on the lastest firmware and controlling it through the app works fine.

Anyone has any clues where to look?
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited February 2017
    @Phuturist
    Same here, I fear.... 

The Harmony hardware works but the combination with Homey fails. 

Could it be related to the new Homey firmware. 
  • same here, when i use harmony app in a flow nothing happens.
    Currently i am not using this app in flows anymore, simply because it does not work.
  • For me Harmony Hub App 1.0.4 still works. The Homey-Harmony couple has just turned on my TV.
  • Same here for me it is working fine! 
    Only starting and stopping activities with flows though
  • Hm, odd... 

I will re-add my hub tomorrow and test again. 
  • B3rt said:
    same here, when i use harmony app in a flow nothing happens.
    Currently i am not using this app in flows anymore, simply because it does not work.
    Same problem here.
  • HansieNLHansieNL Member
    edited February 2017
    Sometimes a flow works and sometimes it don't. With version 0.3.4 never had any problem.
    I did remove Harmony Hub hardware and reinstalled and rebuilded flow. Now everything works again.  :)
  • Phuturist said:
    I really dont know what is going on but this stopped working for me all together, Even a previous version of the app which worked fine before does nothing anymore (yes, I did re-pair). Perhaps it's something related to my Harmony Hub but it's on the lastest firmware and controlling it through the app works fine.

Ok, this procedure seem to have worked for me, at least for now after testing once. Hopefully it will remain working.
    • Remove Harmony Hub device
    • Uninstall Harmony Hub app
    • Reinstall App through app store
    • Re-add Harmony Hub device again
    • Rebuilt flows
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited February 2017
    Well, I did what you wrote @Phuturist and now the Harmony App refuses to install.
    I tried again, after I PTY.

Still:

What I tried:
    - install the zip via GIT, but that too failed: "Error: socket hang up"
    - disable all Apps in Homey, and try to install. Failed too

And, the shit hit the fan:

Fortunately, all those nasty reds are slowly desolving :-)
  • Phuturist said:
    Phuturist said:
    I really dont know what is going on but this stopped working for me all together, Even a previous version of the app which worked fine before does nothing anymore (yes, I did re-pair). Perhaps it's something related to my Harmony Hub but it's on the lastest firmware and controlling it through the app works fine.

Ok, this procedure seem to have worked for me, at least for now after testing once. Hopefully it will remain working.
    • Rebuilt flows
    does not work for me..

I removed the device, the and the app.
    The i reinstalled it and recreatted the flow.

I created a flow to shutdown all devices, test it and works.
    Then i included the flow in a flow called 'to bed' which is run when i go to bed, it shuts down all lichting, heating etc and should also shutdown (using harmonyapp) all media (wit a few seonds delay).  The complete flow works exept the harmony device.

This simply does not work, nothing happens....
    Even when I include the harmony command in the 'to bed' flow itself it does not work

The most apps work fine, sadly the harmony app does not.
  • Is it possible to integrate KiKa Asun-650? (rolluiken en gordijnen)
  • wilkel said:
    Is it possible to integrate KiKa Asun-650? (rolluiken en gordijnen)
    this forum topic is specially for the logitech harmony hub, please open a request in the general or nederlands forum
  • Stil having issues

Stack trace:

SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input
    at Object.parse (native)
    at /node_modules/harmonyhubjs-client/lib/harmonyclient.js:39:34
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at HarmonyClient.handleStanza (/node_modules/harmonyhubjs-client/lib/harmonyclient.js:31:32)
    at emitOne (events.js:77:13)
    at Client.emit (events.js:169:7)
    at Client._handleStanza (/node_modules/node-xmpp-client/lib/Client.js:228:12)
    at Client.onStanza (/node_modules/node-xmpp-client/lib/Client.js:222:8)
    at Connection.emit (events.js:169:7)

Exit code: 1
    Exit signal: null
  • Stil having issues

Stack trace:

SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input
    at Object.parse (native)
    at /node_modules/harmonyhubjs-client/lib/harmonyclient.js:39:34
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at HarmonyClient.handleStanza (/node_modules/harmonyhubjs-client/lib/harmonyclient.js:31:32)
    at Client.emit (events.js:169:7)
    at Client._handleStanza (/node_modules/node-xmpp-client/lib/Client.js:228:12)
    at Client.onStanza (/node_modules/node-xmpp-client/lib/Client.js:222:8)
    at Connection.emit (events.js:169:7)

Exit code: 1
    Exit signal: null
    For debugging purposes i wil turn of my second harmony hub. I wil let you know if this changes something
  • Harmony Hub does not work anymore. tried to reinstall. It fails
  • KritjuuKritjuu Member
    edited February 2017
    Kritjuu said:
    Harmony Hub does not work anymore. tried to reinstall. It fails
    It does not show up in the flows

• - Remove hub as device
    - uninstall the app
    - PTP
    - install the app
    - add the hub
    - repaired my flows

Yeah, I have noticed that this procedure (including the PTP) is now necessary for me after every Harmony app update. I don't know what has changed to make this so, but I hope this can be fixed, because it is very annoying. For the time being, I have disabled automatic updates of this app.
  • i cant get this app to work in a flow.
    I created a seperate flow to shutdown all devices using the harmony hub.

In my to bed flow i call this flow to run but it never runs!
    All other devices run as programmed except the harmony app.

When i run the flow to shutdown all devices manually it works, but as soon as i include it in an other flow it does not.

Ofcourse i tried also to add the shutdown command as flow card and not as separate flow in my 'to bed' flow, but this also does not work.

I can simply never run harmony commands together with my 'to bed' flow, if done the harmony will not perfom the command.

I removed, reinstalled a dozen times but it does not seems to be working, there is also no error log where i could see what is happening. I use version v1.0.4
  • Phuturist said:
    Phuturist said:

• Rebuilt flows
    This is no solid fix, it doesnt work anymore. If there is anything I can do to help troubleshoot this, let me know @brinkie .
  • If there is anything I can do to help troubleshoot this, let me know @brinkie .
    Thank you for offering! Obviously I've seen all the complaints. I've been testing and still am actually. The errors are no longer in the app itself. It's in a library the app uses. I just need more time to pinpoint the issue and probably consult the author of the library for a fix. All I can ask for is your patience.

• The strange thing i that i am running 1.0.4 from github.. running smooth ever since. Same here if there is anything i can do to troubleshoot let me know. 
  • i'm running 1.04 from the app store and also never experience a crash, the only thing i have is that it does not send any signals any more after a while. But it could also be something to do with the Memory of homey itself, when system memory is around the 300 mb then it stops sending signals.

After a reboot of homey everything works okay again.

So can't say it is the app or it is homey's memory  :/
  • glijie said:
    i'm running 1.04 from the app store and also never experience a crash, the only thing i have is that it does not send any signals any more after a while. But it could also be something to do with the Memory of homey itself, when system memory is around the 300 mb then it stops sending signals.

That's what happens here as well. The app does not crash but also does not send out commands anymore. I'll see if a nightly scheduled reboot can serve as a temporary workaround.
  • Phuturist said:
    glijie said:
    i'm running 1.04 from the app store and also never experience a crash, the only thing i have is that it does not send any signals any more after a while. But it could also be something to do with the Memory of homey itself, when system memory is around the 300 mb then it stops sending signals.

That's what happens here as well. The app does not crash but also does not send out commands anymore. I'll see if a nightly scheduled reboot can serve as a temporary workaround.
    Would be nice if there is a way to switch off the app and after a few seconds to switch on the app...mostly that is enough to get the app working again...maybe with the HTTP reguest app. But I don't know if it is possible. Then i could made a flow that f.e. switch 3 times a day the app off and on .. Would be a better workaround for me because after a few hours the harmony app stops working over here.
  • OpenMind_NLOpenMind_NL Member
    edited February 2017
    glijie said:
    Phuturist said:
    glijie said:

Would be nice if there is a way to switch off the app and after a few seconds to switch on the app...mostly that is enough to get the app working again...maybe with the HTTP reguest app. But I don't know if it is possible. Then i could made a flow that f.e. switch 3 times a day the app off and on .. Would be a better workaround for me because after a few hours the harmony app stops working over here.
    I use the Candy-app to send a push-message and to make Homey tell me when an app has crashed, so I know when it happens and I can restart it.

@brinkie ... just let me now when you need something tested.
  • glijie said:
    Phuturist said:
    glijie said:

I use the Candy-app to send a push-message and to make Homey tell me when an app has crashed, so I know when it happens and I can restart it.

@brinkie ... just let me now when you need something tested.
    It does not crash, is it possible to restart an app with candy?