This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey on surround set, auto mute/dim tv

jeroenbos22jeroenbos22 Member
edited February 2017 in Devices
hello friends,

I have my tv connected to my surround set. But When the tv is on I cant hear homey very good So I Would like to connect that to the surround set too but that wont fix the problem of the tv sound being on.

Is there a device I can input both homey and the tv wich auto dimms the tv When homey speaks? Like auto dimm function with a microphone (When mic is on the sound dimms)? Or are there receivers supporting this? Or anyone have a different solution for this problem?

Comments

• Just wondering if I understood the question. Many people mute there TV when Homey starts listening, but you want to mute your TV when Homey starts talking. Can't you use IF Homey says something Than mute TV?
  • I have tried this myself as well, but I quickly came to the conclusion that I didn't want my Soundsystem to be on all the time. I had a small portable speaker laying around which I used to improve the volume and sound of homey. It works great.

To address your question more directly: I'm not aware of any intermediate device with two input sources and one output which changes the volume of one input depending on the other input.
  • I noticed this as well. I use my phone app when I want to give a command. Because this microphone is a lot better it works. I do agree that it'll be nice feature. Now when you want to say "mute", you have to grabe the remote to mute it first.
  • Can't you make a flow that when homey listens it will mute your receiver and have the TV hooked up to the receiver? Or don't I understand your question correctly.

• AaronAaron Member
    edited February 2017
    That is what I have. I made a flow that when I say something all audio mutes. Until homey stops listening and then all unmute
  • yup same here.
    start listen  > yamaha avr mute
    stop listen> yamaha avr un-mute.
    works fine for me as i have everything hooked up to the avr and it does not respond when it is turned off, not even with network standby on.