This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Philips Hue - Tags are not updated?

I try to store the tag-data of a Hue Lightstrip Plus in a few variables, so I can restore them to this 'previous' state after the light has had a color-party.

Seems to work fine, except that the tags don't seem to contain the current values for the lightstrip... :worried:
Whenever I change the color on my Hue-app, the data is not updated in the tags... not in 7.5 seconds, not in 10 seconds, not in a minute. So... Hue-tags seem to be useless at the moment.

Comments

• OpenMind_NLOpenMind_NL Member
    edited February 2017
    HansieNL said:
    If it's version 2.2.2 you can try https://github.com/athombv/nl.philips.hue/tree/8fff7c0c3c35c08cc047995ab09363531333dd32 This is version 2.2.1

Are the tags updated in 2.2.1 ?

I didn't check before. Started creating these flows tonight... after the update.

EDIT: Strange. It seems to be only that one lightstrip that has the problem... but it is the last device in the Tag-list (top menu desktop), maybe that's something.

• @OpenMind_NL
    On a side note; could you show how you store the tag data... I would like to do a similiar thing with my Hue setup!

• HansieNL said:
    If it's version 2.2.2 you can try https://github.com/athombv/nl.philips.hue/tree/8fff7c0c3c35c08cc047995ab09363531333dd32 This is version 2.2.1

Are the tags updated in 2.2.1 ?

I didn't check before. Started creating these flows tonight... after the update.

EDIT: Strange. It seems to be only that one lightstrip that has the problem... but it is the last device in the Tag-list (top menu desktop), maybe that's something.

I think the problem might be the "Lamp-mode" parameter-tag for combined white/color hue lights, like Go, Richer Color Bulb and Lightstrip Plus..

I can store this tag in a string variable, but there's no way to restore the mode to the lamp.

It seems that when I store the other parameters in color-mode and restore them to the lamp, the lamp will switch to temperature-mode and from that moment on the Tags for that lamp will not be updated anymore.

Image: Store Hue-parameters to variables.

Image: Restore Hue-parameters to lamp.

• I discovered that the freezing-tag-bug has nothing to do with new generation Hue lights and their mode-tag!
    Here it happened also with the older Lightstrip.... and it might also happen to other Hue-lights, but I''m going to do a few more tests for that.

Meanwhile I'm writing a detailed step-by-step description for everything I do, so each user with Hue lights should be able to reproduce the bug.... at least I did a few times now.
    And the most evil part of all: As it seems, the frozen tags can only be defrosted by rebooting Homey... so I have to wait about 7 minutes after each positive bug-recognition...

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD.

I will start a new one when all testing is done.
  • ModBreak:
    This post / discussion is deprecated and therefore closed.
    Please search the forum for a recent discusstion. 
    For questions or if someone disagrees, please contact me or one of the Community moderators.

This discussion has been closed.