This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Announcement Official

Will Homey support {device x}? Read this first!

Comments

• p0ntsp0nts Member
    edited September 2015

Was wondering if the homey can control a Buva Vital Air System.

My Buva system has 1 wall panel:
    http://www.bouwproducten.nl/indeximages/producten_4950_320.jpg

And one seperate panel:
    http://www.rietveldventilatie.nl/uploads/rietveld_8104_BuvaRFZAnalogebediening.jpg

Communication: Wireless, RF

Communication protocol: NX

• Hi All,

Will Nest thermostat and Nest protect be supported?

• mediamarkt.nl/mcs/product/_MIPOW-Playbulb-Rainbow,10259,2410977.html?langId=-11 this used to be a kickstarter project aswell now for sale in holland, wondering if this can work with homey, allready have 3 playbulb garden's in my backyard.

• Hi @MarcelKuijper,
    we have too discovered the playbulb, and have started getting in touch with Mipow. At the moment, we have just received their communication protocol, and are looking to get it implemented in Homey ;).

• Nice! Waiting patiently

• Stefan said:
    Hi @MarcelKuijper,
    we have too discovered the playbulb, and have started getting in touch with Mipow. At the moment, we have just received their communication protocol, and are looking to get it implemented in Homey ;).

Hi @stefan, are you also looking into getting the playbulb garden implemented or just the "normal" playbulb?
    @MarcelKuijper , how's the lichtopbrengst (sorry, can't think of the english word) of the playbulb garden ? Is it just for fancycolors/fun lighting or can you really light up your garden with it?

Thx, Moek

• @moek if you want to light up your whole garden with it youre going to need allot of them. Its made for sfeer verlichting, if u dont have any lights in your garden at the moment like i have it will give enough light to find the key hole if the playbulb is placed nearby.

• @MarcelKuijper thx for the info! Guess I'll hold off for now.

• @Emile (or anyone other at Athom)

Is there any update to the chart posted here?

In the chart, it still says Z-Wave "yes" and Zigbee "Probably", but elsewhere I find bits and pieces of information that the Z-Wave certification isn't even finished yet, and Zigbee has become a "no" (even though it is still featured on the website frontpage). Furtheremore, it would be good to start compiling a good list on what device classes are supported now, and what is on the list to be worked on in the (near) future. Please put it somewhere where people can actually find the information. I find it misleading to see all these protocols listed on your frontpage and then having to find out in forums (here and elsewhere) that things are not actually supported.

• I get confused by the last comment here, in other comments it seems Zigbee is a yes. So how?!

Based on the flowchart a "community" - so I assume, if someone is able to program it, it would work with other "similiar" devices like Matrix (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2061039712/matrix-the-internet-of-things-for-everyonetm) or other smart home controller?

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

Zigbee support is postponed until a little bit later, mostly due to a lack of devices that are dependent on ZIgbee, so we could focus on better things :)

• Emile, some time ago here you talked about making some quick start tutorials on how to get Homey to work with Arduino. I was wondering if you planned on making some buying guides.
    After half a year on the forums, I now realize that I am a complete newbie in regards to IoT/home automation. I was wondering if you planned on making some guide (like for example with the LEDs we just discussed) on what to buy, what works, ect.. I for one would really appreciate something like this, I'm sure I've already mentioned it somewhere on the forum but every time I buy something nowadays, I have to buy an option that will work with Homey, or I just don't buy it.

edited December 2015

Yup! We have a few ideas for this:

1. There's the App Store, and the new website (oh god it's gonna be sexy) has a 'Supported Devices' webpage.
    2. There will be blogs written by us where we compare devices, give some ideas on what to buy and how it will work with Homey
    3. I have some rough ideas for an interactive 'What the hell should I buy' wizard that guides you through the process- that might take some time to get right, though.
    1. There's the App Store, and the new website (oh god it's gonna be sexy) has a 'Supported Devices' webpage.

1. There will be blogs written by us where we compare devices, give some ideas on what to buy and how it will work with Homey

1. I have some rough ideas for an interactive 'What the hell should I buy' wizard that guides you through the process- that might take some time to get right, though.

• But now really, Since you guys have a full office of cool gadgets by now, I'm sure that these real comparisons/reviews would be great. I know it sounds weird to have a hardware company reviewing other companies hardware, but your first hand perspective with the component's interaction with Homey would be great. Videos to show how it works, etc etc. That would be something I love. As for the app store, I keep checking in every time i check the forum (so almost daily). I know I remember seeing that 'Supported Devices' page, but from what I remember there were like 4 items there. And the interactive wizard sounds fantastic! Keep up the great work!!!

• I think I have a device that might be out side of the chart but could possibly still be supported. I have a "light pack" system behind my tv that is connected to my Mac min that's running my plex media center. The light pack is controlled by prismatic software running on the mini. It would be great if homey could turn it off and on.
    Can honey trigger stuff like that?

• Can you tell more about how you use it in osx?

Spawnreaper said:
    I think I have a device that might be out side of the chart but could possibly still be supported. I have a "light pack" system behind my tv that is connected to my Mac min that's running my plex media center. The light pack is controlled by prismatic software running on the mini. It would be great if homey could turn it off and on.
    Can honey trigger stuff like that?

I use hyperion myself, it's very similar. Writing an app for that is really easy.

• Hyperion-support would be nice! The led ring could be synced with my tv (for effect, probably not realtime for movies?) :-D

• tommyjaytommyjay Member
    edited December 2015

Thanks for pointing this out @Spawnreaper. Almost forgot to think about Homey integration for that. I have the same, and because LightPack doesn't go to sleep/shut off when my macbook does, I've gotten so annoyed with it before I found a UnifiedRemote plug in to work with it. Now I can finally turn the LEDs off from my bed! I'm also using Prismatik, and it has an API socket.

@Emile you use your Hyperion on a TV? from their website I'm not even quite sure what it can do.
    Any word on implementing Unified Remote so we can control our desktops? (and via UR also LightPack?)!

• Hyperion is just a better working Philips Ambilight :-P

Fire69 said:
    Hyperion-support would be nice! The led ring could be synced with my tv (for effect, probably not realtime for movies?) :-D

I was actually thinking of syncing Homeys led ring to hyperion, haha. That'd be awesome when he speaks.

As for light pack, should definitely be possible, but I'm gonna leave that to the community.

• Emile said:
    As for light pack, should definitely be possible, but I'm gonna leave that to the community.

Well then I hope someone will be willing to do that! :)

• So cool! Can't wait to play with Homey, the appstore etc.

• Emile said:

Fire69 said:
    Hyperion-support would be nice! The led ring could be synced with my tv (for effect, probably not realtime for movies?) :-D

I was actually thinking of syncing Homeys led ring to hyperion, haha. That'd be awesome when he speaks.

Awesome!

• In the appstore I cannot find for example an app for airconditioning means that it will not work?
    And work homey with foscam indoor hd cams? or d-link