This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[BETA Release] HomeyDash a Dashboard app for homey

Comments

• EternityEternity Member
    edited January 2017
    @Julian

Thanks for the great explanation and the screen shots!
    My 'problem' was I did't use the 'a variable changed' card from BetterLogic. As a result i had to create a workaround with Homey's logic App. Now I understand it :-)

Thanks for your help !

PS
    In HomeyDash, do you see the correct Bitflip toggle on/off?

What I mean to say is; if I set DIM1, my DIM2 slider is switched to the OFF position. I built this into the flow, as DIM1 and DIM2 can't be ON simultaniously. Same if I select SLAPEN; it sets both DIM1 and DIM2 to OFF.

• Wow, my mailbox got spammed :smirk:

You guys are right, the bitflip device uses the on/off capability.
    For the button to work, i need to add the capability for it.

@B3rt
    Not at home right now to reproduce...but will look into it. Do you mind to create an issue for it on github?
  • @Eternity ; will check later, need to reprogram the dashboard in the new version. But I remember seeing it change when I flip it on my phone.

Also, in my setup it does not matter which light setting is on or off (DIM1 and DIM2 in your setup), it just switches all the lights off with no need to change the variable of the lights. 
  • Is it possible to switch by pushing the button instead of the slider? That makes it easier when you have a tablet on the wall.
  • @wilkel
    You can push the icon itself to switch :smile:
  • You mean by icon for instance the lamp? I meant when you click on the whole rectangle it switches.
  • @wilkel Clicking the whole card isn't as good as it sounds. You can control the slider as well by clicking. If you mis-click for a few milimeters it then switches on/off the light. Not really wanted behaviour...

• Eternity said:
    @Julian

PS
    In HomeyDash, do you see the correct Bitflip toggle on/off?

@Eternity  ; I just tested it and at first it did not toggle (in Chrome on my PC), but then I saw this a couple of posts back:
    - go to my.athom.com
    - login with your email and password.
    - go to settings>homeydash
    - click "Go To Homeydash" 

Now it toggles in real time :-) 
  • @Julian

Excellent! 
  • Just set up my dash (first steps). Loving it!!!!

Would it be possible (in the future) to also at better pressence and movement ?

And in the far future IP Camera's?

Just some thoughts!

Again GREAT WORK!!!

• Love it!

A plug-in suggestion: have a button that opens a bookmarked webpage (like NU.nl or Buienradar) or - perhaps even better - make that an extra page in Homey Dash
  • :smile: Glad you guys like it.

Thought of similair plugins indeed. Plugins will behave as seperate pages.
    Creating a button to open external webpages needs to be done within a widget :)
  • @Julian
    @Eternity Odd you guys had to login first to get it to work. It should ask for a login on the first time you go to the dashboard, didn't that redirect worked?
  • @swttt
    Well, I was in the process of rooting a tablet and in the meantime checking Homey Dash. Don't use my case as an example... too many variabeles involved ;-)
  • @swttt
    Same here, I think I used a copy/paste action the first time with changing the IP-adress, am certain I did not do it properly via the 'Go to HomeyDash' link in the settings :smile: 
  • @Julian It's not that you really need to follow the link. A direct link should work as well... will try to reproduce it later tho. Weird behaviour.

You should be able to go to http://yourhomeyip/app/com.swttt.homeydash then get redirected to login and on success get redirected back to the dashboard.
  • By the way, @Aaron started a nice topic about tablets. (For the homey app and/or HomeyDash).
    Might be interesting for some of the topic followers here :wink:

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/2698/best-tablet#latest
  • I love the dash app! 
    Widget idea: doorbell cam/ipcam widget that's appear on motion. 
    Motion by sensor or ring / doorbird app. 
  • B3rtB3rt Member
    edited February 2017
    A great idea would be (but i think it is not possible from within a website/browser) to use the front camera of a tablet to detect motion.

If it detects motion the dashboard should switch on and after a while an no motion off again.

As said, i think this kind of functions are not possible from a webbrowser, but hey maybe i am wrong :)

An other idea is use swipes to get to the next page, swipe left and right to browse to your rooms
  • @B3rt
    This is actually something i looked into and should be possible by using the latest html5 camera api. Still not tested, but there is some info on it a few pages back.
  • For motion detection on your phone or tablet just use Fully Kiosk. 
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.ozerov.fully&hl=en
    I used this with a wall mounted tablet and Galaxy S3 with my Samsung Smartthings dashboard. 
  • beetje #offtopic, maar heb dus nu een QI charger achter ipad mini, maar als die nu vol is (1x gebeurd nog maar) dan lijkt hij constant laden/niet laden/laden/etc achterelkaar en daarmee het scherm actief te houden. niet helemaal goed. 

bij loskoppelen van ipad deel is de verbinding gewoon goed tussen draadloze delen (lampie is blauw ;) en niet rood)

iemand ervaring/enig idee?
  • @swttt

I think this has been asked before...
    Will the new BetterLogic Trigger variables be supported in your Homey Dash?

Sorry if I missed the answer....! 
  • mitch said:
    For motion detection on your phone or tablet just use Fully Kiosk. 
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.ozerov.fully&hl=en
    I used this with a wall mounted tablet and Galaxy S3 with my Samsung Smartthings dashboard. 
    Thx I tried it but on my tablet and probably in combination with low light it didn't really work. So I decided double tab on the screen is good enough and doesn't drain the batteries so much.
  • @Jeroenski74 might try to implement it using the html5 camera api. Not sure if i can tweak it some more then. have to look into this later.

for now the dim function is dissabled. It took so many event listeners etc for it to work...here the same thing. Will try to implement this later so i can see what performance does.
  • Feature request: the ability to edit the name of the devices.

In my situation, I have named variables and made these buttons to switch my TV. To keep things 'clear'  I named thes valuables with their quality (trigger / boolean). It looks like this now:

It would be great if it were possible to edit the names... and thus delete the 'boolean' :-)
  • swttt said:
    @Jeroenski74 might try to implement it using the html5 camera api. Not sure if i can tweak it some more then. have to look into this later.

for now the dim function is dissabled. It took so many event listeners etc for it to work...here the same thing. Will try to implement this later so i can see what performance does.
    My tablet is near the nest so I trying to turn on the screen as soon as nest detects motion. Problem with IFTTT is that Nest doesn't have a motion trigger only Home or Away and Android device has no turn on screen.
  • Is it possible to integrate KiKa Asun-650? (rolluiken en gordijnen)
  • wilkel said:
    Is it possible to integrate KiKa Asun-650? (rolluiken en gordijnen)
    Everything that can be controlled by Homey, can be controlled by HomeyDash. Simply create a Better Logic BifFlip for it (a boolean variable), create 2 flows (1. when boolean variable changes AND value is true, do action 1, 2. when boolean variable changes AND value is false, do action 2), select the bitflip variable in your HomeyDash and you're done!