This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Neo Coolcam Door sensor is not installing

SayginSaygin Member
edited January 2017 in Questions & Help
Hallo Guys,

At last I got my Neo Coolcam Door sensors. But somehow I cannot install the sensor. I am clicking three times to activate the learning mode of the sensor, but Homey is not recognizing the sensor and install it.

Can you help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Saygin

Comments

• Make sure you click 3-times really really fast. And use the Homey desktop app to avoid any issues with roque browser plugins (I know out of experience that chromeIPass for instance is giving troubles).
  • Phuturist said:
    Make sure you click 3-times really really fast. And use the Homey desktop app to avoid any issues with roque browser plugins (I know out of experience that chromeIPass for instance is giving troubles).
    Yes, i am doing it very fast, because the LED is blinking 5 times and I am also using the Desktop app of Homey. I have also tried the second door sensor, still no luck. I already restarted Homey and did a reset of the Z-Wafe.
  • Are you sure u have the European version on the right frequency? 

Also perform a reset to default as described in the manual and try again. 

But if homey didn't see anything the first time i guess the zwave frequency is different because it's not a eu. 
  • mruiter said:
    Are you sure u have the European version on the right frequency? 

Also perform a reset to default as described in the manual and try again. 

But if homey didn't see anything the first time i guess the zwave frequency is different because it's not a eu. 
    I also checked that and it is EU sensor. I ordered also a wall plug and that one is installed correctly. A did a reset to, no luck..
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited January 2017
    Did you get it working already? 

There are just 2 reasons that could cause it

1. Broken
    2. Non eu are you sure it's nas-ds01ze the Ze is the only eu version

Where did you buy it? 

For example it's still unsure if the doorsensor on gearbest is eu. 
    Only the power plug on that site has the eu mark the other neo products dont
  • 2Be2Be Member
    I ordered the plugs and the Door sensors from Gearbest too. Got the plugs working, the doorsensors don't. I also got a doorsensor from aliexpress wich is working fine. So I guess the doorsensors from Gearbest are non-EU. Funny things is it says EU on the print inside the doorsensor. The productnumber is GC00AM NAS - DS01Z Z-Wave Door Window Sensor
  • The Z is non EU the ZE is so then the frequentie is indeed the problem.

You should file a return to gearbest and send it back. Its not gonna work in EU z-wave controllers.
  • mruiter said:
    Did you get it working already? 

There are just 2 reasons that could cause it

1. Broken
    2. Non eu are you sure it's nas-ds01ze the Ze is the only eu version

Where did you buy it? 

For example it's still unsure if the doorsensor on gearbest is eu. 
    Only the power plug on that site has the eu mark the other neo products dont
    No, it is not working. I will send them back to gearbest.
  • 2Be said:
    I ordered the plugs and the Door sensors from Gearbest too. Got the plugs working, the doorsensors don't. I also got a doorsensor from aliexpress wich is working fine. So I guess the doorsensors from Gearbest are non-EU. Funny things is it says EU on the print inside the doorsensor. The productnumber is GC00AM NAS - DS01Z Z-Wave Door Window Sensor
    I got them also from gearbest. Yes, at the print inside the sensor there is a mark saying it is an EU sensor. But for so far, i couldn't get it to work. It is time to send it back.
  • JschuetzJschuetz Member
    edited March 2017
    I have the same problem. Gerbest says there is no difference on the product site! And on my package stand: EU & US frequency.

Factory reset -> same problem! 

By the way: If you open the complete device, you will find a 908 frequency sticker on the downside of the platine

• @Jschuetz
    Gearbest only sells US. And there is a difference. They only have US doorsensors .
    The frequency of US is completely different and useless in EU.

Just return it as fast as you can and buy at AliExpress.
  • mruiter said:
    @Jschuetz
    Gearbest only sells US. And there is a difference. They only have US doorsensors .
    The frequency of US is completely different and useless in EU.

Just return it as fast as you can and buy at AliExpress.
    In the process! 
  • NolanNolan Member
    Just had the same problem adding my door sensor to Homey (eBay-Asia-EU version) . Got it working by removing the device and then adding it again (it didn't show up but was registered somehow). Go to Settings > Z-Wave > Remove device. Then click the button again 3 times et voila, it's being unregistered. Now adding it again like you dit before works perfect.