This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Record sound from mic

Hi everyone,

wouldn't it be great if homey was able to record any sound from the mic?

Think about it, in combination with flows and the soundboard app, making it possible to record any sound and play it through the soundboard or perhaps even the upcoming media update!
Maybe even making it possible to stream the sound directly to the homey app on your phone would make some kind of security station being able to hear what's going around your homey. Or some kind of (reversed) baby monitor

Let me know what you think about it! 
Cheers

Comments

• ZperXZperX Member
    edited January 2017
    That will never be allowed due to security and privacy reasons. At least that was the official communication. Although Emile has mentioned that they would make some kind of exception for a VoIP app. (Which would be extremely useful for elderly people) 
  • It would be useful for an Intercom app as well. Some intercom actually uses SIP/Voip.
  • ZperX said:
    That will never be allowed due to security and privacy reasons. At least that was the official communication. Although Emile has mentioned that they would make some kind of exception for a VoIP app. (Which would be extremely useful for elderly people) 
    Why not? If the end-user gives explicit permission to use the voice data for whatever end, it can easily be allowed.
  • You are asking the wrong person. It was not my decision. I agree with you.