This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official SDK2

[APP] Kodi [2.2.0]

Comments

• EvertorN said:
    @B3rt Check if your IP address is still valid (i.e. hasn't changed after the reboot). The log says it cannot reach your Kodi device on the configured IP address.
    yes is valid, ip is fixed and port is also correct.
    As mentioned, when i give voice command to start a movie it works, only when i start a movie from within kodi itself it does not.
  • B3rt said:
    EvertorN said:
    @B3rt Check if your IP address is still valid (i.e. hasn't changed after the reboot). The log says it cannot reach your Kodi device on the configured IP address.
    As mentioned, when i give voice command to start a movie it works, only when i start a movie from within kodi itself it does not.
    Which version of the app do you have installed?
  • EvertorNEvertorN Member
    edited January 2017
    Finally found some time to do some coding. Just released v.1.7.0 to Github with lots of new features. (including your party mode @WRos )

Changelog:
    - Fixed a bug where the app wouldn't reconnect after connection loss
    - Talkback is now done via the used media (e.g. mobile, facebook messenger or Homey itself) instead of always Homey. For example, you can now ask Homey via facebook messenger if there are new movies in  your library ('any new movies?')
    - Added flow action 'Subtitle on'
    - Added flow action 'Subtitle off'
    - Added flow action 'Set party mode on'
    - Added flow action 'Set volume'
    - Added flow trigger 'When a song starts playing'
    - Added flow trigger 'When Homey reconnects to Kodi'

As usual, could you tech savvy guys test this release before I push this to the appstore?
    Testers: @Fire69 @Phuturist ;

In case you want to help out testing, make sure to let me know by posting a message in this thread. On a new (beta) release, I will mention your name to help out with testing.
  • Hi @EvertorN,
    did you by any chance added the volume adjustment? o:)

greetings,
    Aaron
  • EvertorN said:
    Finally found some time to do some coding. Just released v.1.7.0 to Github with lots of new features. (including your party mode @WRos )

Changelog:
    - Talkback is now done via the used media (e.g. mobile, facebook messenger or Homey itself) instead of always Homey. For example, you can now ask Homey via facebook messenger if there are new movies in  your library ('any new movies?')
    - Added flow action 'Subtitle on'
    - Added flow action 'Subtitle off'
    - Added flow action 'Set party mode on'
    - Added flow trigger 'When a song starts playing'
    - Added flow trigger 'When Homey reconnects to Kodi'

As usual, could you tech savvy guys test this release before I push this to the appstore?
    Testers: @Fire69 @Phuturist ;

In case you want to help out testing, make sure to let me know by posting a message in this thread. On a new (beta) release, I will mention your name to help out with testing.
    I have installed it but currently dont have much time to test it.
  • EvertorN said:
    B3rt said:
    EvertorN said:
    The latest from the app store v1.6.0 (it is on autoupdate)
  • EvertorN said:

@Everton Installed 1.7.0 from GitHub and running fine on my setup.
    I can confirm that the update has solved my issue. The reconnects after a connection loss (restart, shutdown+restart, forced shutdown).

I do see multiple duplicate entries in the debug logging:
    Triggering flow  kodi_stop
    onKodiStop
    onKodiStop
    onKodiStop
    onKodiStop
    onKodiStop
    onKodiStop
    onKodiStop
    onKodiPlay()
    Triggering flow kodi_playing_something
    Triggering flow kodi_resume
    onKodiPlay()
    onKodiPlay()
    onKodiPlay()
    onKodiPlay()
    onKodiPlay()
    onKodiPlay()
    onKodiPlay()
    Let me know if you need further info.
  • Cool, thanks for the update. Right now, i'm in holliday. Mono skiing at Val Thorens.
    I gonna analyse the "play artist" functio. Sorry @evertorN I hopefully get more time.
    Last week my house was rebuilding, plastic in stead of wood. Now Holliday!

• The app worked fine. After a while it doesn't work anymore. I didn't change anything. I don't know where to look. What to change. 
    Homey reacts, but doesn't play any movie. Homey is online. 
    I am a big fan of this app. So I will do anything to make it work again. 
  • @TedTolboom Hm, this is weird behavior. This could be caused by the fact that you have tried to add multiple devices. Try to:
    - Remove your Kodi device
    - Disable the app
    - Reenable the app
    - Add your Kodi device again. 
  • The app worked fine. After a while it doesn't work anymore. I didn't change anything. I don't know where to look. What to change. 
    Homey reacts, but doesn't play any movie. Homey is online. 
    I am a big fan of this app. So I will do anything to make it work again. 
    I need some more information. Show me the last few entries of your log. It's under Apps > Kodi. Usually this is caused by a connection error, which will be fixed in 1.7
  • Aaron said:
    Hi @EvertorN,
    did you by any chance added the volume adjustment? o:)

greetings,
    Aaron
    Totally forgot, will try to add them in the 1.7 release as well :)
  • B3rt said:
    EvertorN said:
    B3rt said:
    EvertorN said:
    The latest from the app store v1.6.0 (it is on autoupdate)
    Wait for 1.7. I just read that you power down your Kodi device when you don't use it. 1.6 still contains a bug where Homey does not reconnect when a connection to Kodi is closed. 1.7 contains a fix. If you know what you're doing, you can install it from github and do some testing :).
  • EvertorN said:
    @TedTolboom Hm, this is weird behavior. This could be caused by the fact that you have tried to add multiple devices. Try to:
    - Disable the app
    - Reenable the app
    Guilty as charged... :( I had to test if it is possible to use multiple Kodi's in combination with Homey. 
    Followed your instructions and back to single log entries..

What would still be needed to enable multiple Kodi's to interact with Homey?
  • EvertorN said:
    @TedTolboom Hm, this is weird behavior. This could be caused by the fact that you have tried to add multiple devices. Try to:
    - Disable the app
    - Reenable the app
    Guilty as charged... :( I had to test if it is possible to use multiple Kodi's in combination with Homey. 
    Followed your instructions and back to single log entries..

What would still be needed to enable multiple Kodi's to interact with Homey?
    Some of my time to add that feature to the app ;--)
  • Hi @EvertorN
    NP
    If you don't get it in this release than in the next, I can wait.

greetings,
    Aaron
  • Aaron said:
    Hi @EvertorN
    NP
    If you don't get it in this release than in the next, I can wait.

greetings,
    Aaron
    Already added mate. There's now an action card with a sweet slider that let's you set the volume anywhere between 1 and 100%
  • Hi @EvertorN
    Great! Thanks.  :)

greetings,
    Aaron
  • Hi there,

I'm really in digging your app!
    Unfortunately it's not working for me..
    I've installed kodi on my Sony android tv as an app.
    I've installed the Kodi app on Homey.
    When I enter the IP from kodi with the TCP port 9090 it says:

"Kon geen verbinding maken met Kodi. Check je connective gegevens. Error: Cconnect ECONNREFUSED (my.ip.):9090"

I also tried the TCP of my tv 20600, then I don't get any message.
    Can you help me out?

Thanks!

In Kodi I've set all options to command Kodi from 3th party apps etc. to yes.

Does any of you experts have any other directions in my search to get the app to work?
    I'm big Kodi lover and proud Homey lover so it would be great if I can combine the two!
  • V1.7 has been published to the app store guys, have fun!
  • Hi there,

I'm really in digging your app!
    Unfortunately it's not working for me..
    I've installed kodi on my Sony android tv as an app.
    I've installed the Kodi app on Homey.
    When I enter the IP from kodi with the TCP port 9090 it says:

"Kon geen verbinding maken met Kodi. Check je connective gegevens. Error: Cconnect ECONNREFUSED (my.ip.):9090"

I also tried the TCP of my tv 20600, then I don't get any message.
    Can you help me out?

Thanks!

In Kodi I've set all options to command Kodi from 3th party apps etc. to yes.

Does any of you experts have any other directions in my search to get the app to work?
    I'm big Kodi lover and proud Homey lover so it would be great if I can combine the two!

- Make sure to disable your web server on Kodi (or change the web server port to anything but 9090).
    - The default TCP port of Kodi is 9090, however, this can be changed via some advanced settings. If you haven't done this, 9090 should work.
    - Make sure to reboot Kodi after you have set the options for 3rd party apps to yes
    - If this still doesn't work, try to create a TCP connection to your Kodi via Powershell (search this thread or google for examples) and see if we can get a more descriptive error.
  • Great App !

I have a question about the trigger card. What is the difference between (or; how can I make better use of) the following trigger cards:

- activiteit starten gevraagd (activity start requested)
    - activiteit bezig met starten (activity starting)
    - activiteit gestart (activity started)

How to benefit from these 3 different activity start/stop states in Flows?
  • Eternity said:
    Great App !

I have a question about the trigger card. What is the difference between (or; how can I make better use of) the following trigger cards:

- activiteit starten gevraagd (activity start requested)
    - activiteit bezig met starten (activity starting)
    - activiteit gestart (activity started)

How to benefit from these 3 different activity start/stop states in Flows?
    Could you elaborate on that? I have no clue which trigger cards you are talking about :).
  • For now the app works great. But what is the card "Set party mode on" what can you do with it?
  • it seems the app does not respond when STOP command is pressed on kodi during a manie playback.

I tried play, pause, resume and the stop commands on kodi to be interact with homet using flows, all 3 work execpt 'Een film stopt' not, when this flow card is used the app simply does nothing when you stop a movie.

This results in dimming the lights when a movie is started, on again on a pause and dim again on resume, but when i stop the movie nothing happens also not at the end of the movie when it is finished.
  • B3rt said:
    it seems the app does not respond when STOP command is pressed on kodi during a manie playback.

I tried play, pause, resume and the stop commands on kodi to be interact with homet using flows, all 3 work execpt 'Een film stopt' not, when this flow card is used the app simply does nothing when you stop a movie.

This results in dimming the lights when a movie is started, on again on a pause and dim again on resume, but when i stop the movie nothing happens also not at the end of the movie when it is finished.
    Oh, yes i forget to say, did is also the only problem what i have with the app at the moment. But this problem was already there in the previous version 
  • @EvertorN
    Sorry for the confusion, these action cards are available in the Harmony App. I use these with my Kodi App and mixed them up... Sorry!!!
  • Reemster said:
    For now the app works great. But what is the card "Set party mode on" what can you do with it?
    There's an option in Kodi that is called 'party mode'. It will generate a playlist of songs and starts playing it. You have to predefine your search criteria in Kodi first though
  • @Reemster @B3rt
    Do you guys use a 3rd party addon to watch movies (e.g. exodus) or are those movies from your own library? 'Stop' works perfectly fine for me. I haven't tried 'Movie stop' in a while, so I'd have to check that.
  • EvertorN said:
    @Reemster @B3rt
    Do you guys use a 3rd party addon to watch movies (e.g. exodus) or are those movies from your own library? 'Stop' works perfectly fine for me. I haven't tried 'Movie stop' in a while, so I'd have to check that.
    no just library/files on kodi