This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] Harmony Hub App (v1.0.4)

Comments

• https://github.com/netactivenl/com.logitech.harmony.hub/commits/master
    You can go back to any moment in time by clicking the <> and then downloading the zip....
    Great! I'm fairly new to Github (1 month or so... LED-ring Collection) and didn't know this existed.
    Might be a good idea when the hub keeps losing connection... though it's running ok in the past few hours...
  • @brinkie 1.0.4 has crashed on my homey. 

This is the stack trace:

Stack trace:

Error: Uncaught, unspecified "error" event. (XMPP authentication failure)
    at Client.emit (events.js:144:17)
    at Client._handleAuthState (/node_modules/node-xmpp-client/lib/Client.js:298:10)
    at Client._handleStanza (/node_modules/node-xmpp-client/lib/Client.js:234:12)
    at Client.onStanza (/node_modules/node-xmpp-client/lib/Client.js:222:8)
    at emitOne (events.js:77:13)
    at Connection.emit (events.js:169:7)
    at Connection.onStanza (/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/Connection.js:369:10)
    at StreamParser.<anonymous> (/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/Connection.js:226:10)
    at StreamParser.emit (events.js:169:7)

Exit code: 1
    Exit signal: null

Maybe you could take a look at it for the next version of your app.
  • Second crash today for Harmony Hub App 1.0.4
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited January 2017
    @OpenMind_NL and @spoelly did you guys follow the following procedure?

- Remove hub as device
    - uninstall the app
    - PTP (this was new!)
    - install the app
    - add the hub
    - repaired my flows

This means you have to recreate al your harmony flows but for me and I believe others this is working great. I only had crashes because of my onkyo receiver (not really harmony related) but no other crashes for a few days now.

And maybe you can tell us / brinkie what you are doing when it crashes
  • OpenMind_NLOpenMind_NL Member
    edited January 2017
    Menno said:

- Remove hub as device
    - uninstall the app
    - PTP (this was new!)
    - install the app
    - add the hub
    - repaired my flows
    Yes... No... Well, I did this when updating to version 1.0.2 ... not again with 1.0.4, which I just uninstalled and reinstalled a few minutes ago.
    The most difficult thing was to understand why I had to "Pay To Play" or how to implement the "Picture Transfer Protocol"... or set up a "Peer To Peer " connection... so I finally just Pulled The Plug... oh... wait...  :*
  • Menno said:

- Remove hub as device
    - uninstall the app
    - PTP (this was new!)
    - install the app
    - add the hub
    - repaired my flows
    Yes... No... Well, I did this when updating to version 1.0.2 ... not again with 1.0.4, which I just uninstalled and reinstalled a few minutes ago.
    The most difficult thing was to understand why I had to "Pay To Play" or how to implement the "Picture Transfer Protocol"... or set up a "Peer To Peer " connection... so I finally just Pulled The Plug... oh... wait...  :*
    Lol <span>:smiley:</span>
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited January 2017

Just pick one! ;-)

PTP

And the correct one isn't even there

• Boing:

Stack trace:
    at Client._handleAuthState (/node_modules/node-xmpp-client/lib/Client.js:298:10)
    at StreamParser.<anonymous> (/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/Connection.js:226:10)

On 1.0.4. If you want me to test anything, let me know!

• brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited January 2017

Actually almost all error reports I get are identical: XMPP authentication failure. There are practically no errors that happen in the app itself.

I think there should be an option to provide your Logitech credentials to login to the hub, instead of the default credentials it uses now. I'll try to make some time during the weekend to look into this.

• Yes please. It's too cold for anything else anyway.
  • Not sure if this contributes but I experience the Harmony Hub app not executing the action quite a lot on v1.0.4. So it does not crash but also does not do what it is supposed to do. I had a look at the action card and this error was shows when clicking on the activity drop down (removed my id).

Client for Hub with Id '<<id>>' not available (yet). Please try again in 10 seconds or so...
  • Phuturist said:
    Not sure if this contributes but I experience the Harmony Hub app not executing the action quite a lot on v1.0.4. So it does not crash but also does not do what it is supposed to do. I had a look at the action card and this error was shows when clicking on the activity drop down (removed my id).

Client for Hub with Id '<<id>>' not available (yet). Please try again in 10 seconds or so...

This is the hub closing the connection to Homey (to the Harmony Hub app that is). This used to result in a lost connection that would never be restored. Since version 1.0.4 the app automatically reconnects in 10 seconds. In the meanwhile there's obviously no connection, so during that period the app can't do anything.

While debugging the connection handling by the hub, I noticed it closes the connection after about 70 seconds of inactivity. This means there is no way of keeping a connection open, at least not without doing some polling or something.

To be able to retrieve some more useful debug data from the community, I'm going to add a settings page for the app. This will allow you to configure the reconnect delay and to enable the app to output logging by voice (by the lack of another good method to output error to the end user). Hopefully this will give us insight in a good value for the reconnect delay (currently set to 10 seconds) and into the errors that currently are mostly invisible to the end user.

• Woops...

Stack trace:

• Another woops... And I can reproduce it.

On my Harmony I have a Samsung 40D8000 TV as a device.
    When I use the action card "Send a command" with settings: TV / Miscellaneous / .... , then nothing shows up when I click in the third (opdracht/command) field.
    Then I click "Miscellaneous" field again ...

pop-up: Invalid Card ...

Harmony Hub crashed and this is what it says:

Stack trace:

TypeError: args.args.controlGroup.function.forEach is not a function
    at Object.<anonymous> (/app.js:67:53)
    at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)
    at Object.emit (events.js:172:7)
    at /homey-app/manager/flow.js:23:37
    at /homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:1077
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at process.<anonymous> (/homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:1046)
    at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)
    at process.emit (events.js:172:7)
    at internal/child_process.js:696:12

edited January 2017
    The reason I was looking at the "Miscellaneous" selection:

To select a channel, I tried to find a way to send three numbers in one command.

It would be great if this was possible!

Even better would be when I could enter anything alpha-numeric in that field... 
    The Harmony Hub App would delete everything that is not numeric from the string... So only the number would be left and send to the TV.

Why?
    I could then say something like "OK Homey, Switch TV to channel 202".
    My flow would filter on "TV" and "channel", and enter the complete string in the channel selection... And the TV switches to channel 202 so I can enjoy Discovery Science  B)
  • The reason I was looking at the "Miscellaneous" selection:

To select a channel, I tried to find a way to send three numbers in one command.

It would be great if this was possible!

Even better would be when I could enter anything alpha-numeric in that field... 
    The Harmony Hub App would delete everything that is not numeric from the string... So only the number would be left and send to the TV.

Why?
    I could then say something like "OK Homey, Switch TV to channel 202".
    My flow would filter on "TV" and "channel", and enter the complete string in the channel selection... And the TV switches to channel 202 so I can enjoy Discovery Science  B)
    The crash on the miscellaneous dropdown is a known issues. @Menno experiences this as well. It is probably due to a constraint on the length of the list somehow. For me this is very hard to debug as I don't own a troublesome device. Can you help me debug it?

You're idea about switching channels seems doable. I'll look into the options. Thanks!
  • brinkie said:

The crash on the miscellaneous dropdown is a known issues. @Menno experiences this as well. It is probably due to a constraint on the length of the list somehow. For me this is very hard to debug as I don't own a troublesome device. Can you help me debug it?

You're idea about switching channels seems doable. I'll look into the options. Thanks!
    I could give debugging a try. Tell me what you need and I'll see what I can do.

Installed Harmony devices:
    - Samsung 40D8000 TV
    - Samsung D-BD6900 Blu-ray player
    - Marantz SR7005 AV-receiver
    - Sony HT-XT3 soundplate
    - Sony DVP-CX860 300 disc DVD Changer
    - Sony HAR-LH500 CD Player / HD Recorder
    - Sony EV-S9000E Hi-8 recorder
    - Philips VR550 VHS-recorder
    - Canon HF M31 camcorder
    - iRobot Roomba 866
    - Philips Hue
    - Nintendo Wii
    - Apple TV (2nd gen)
    - Mac Mini (late 2012)
  • @brinkie tell me what I can do I hope to solve this problem also but I have now idea how

@OpenMind_NL do you have this problem only with miscellaneous TV or also with other devices?
    I tested all my devices and only my Onkyo receiver is having this problem with miscellaneous list

When I check the harmony iphone app I have 6 pages with all 12 options on it, so total 72 options (this is even without number and arrows). The total option I see in your app is only 40.

If you have an iphone can you check how many options your tv has?
  • Menno said:

@OpenMind_NL do you have this problem only with miscellaneous TV or also with other devices?
    I tested all my devices and only my Onkyo receiver is having this problem with miscellaneous list

When I check the harmony iphone app I have 6 pages with all 12 options on it, so total 72 options (this is even without number and arrows). The total option I see in your app is only 40.

I did not check the other devices yet.

• Menno said:

I did not check the other devices yet.

Would you mind checking this please? It would be good to know, if we can narrow this issue down to long action lists.
  • brinkie said:

Would you mind checking this please? It would be good to know, if we can narrow this issue down to long action lists.
    Test Flow card: Device - Miscellaneous - Command

- Samsung 40D8000 TV - Crash
    - Samsung D-BD6900 Blu-ray player - OK
    - Marantz SR7005 AV-receiver - Crash
    - Sony HT-XT3 soundplate - Crash
    - Sony DVP-CX860 300 disc DVD Changer - OK
    - Sony HAR-LH500 CD Player / HD Recorder - OK
    - Sony EV-S9000E Hi-8 recorder - Crash
    - Philips VR550 VHS-recorder - OK
    - Canon HF M31 camcorder - Not tested because removed
    - iRobot Roomba 866 - OK
    - Nintendo Wii - OK
    - Apple TV (2nd gen) - OK
    - Mac Mini (late 2012) - OK

All crashes showed the same stack trace.

All OK showed different commands in the pop-down menu.
  • brinkie said:

Test Flow card: Device - Miscellaneous - Command

- Samsung 40D8000 TV - Crash
    - Samsung D-BD6900 Blu-ray player - OK
    - Marantz SR7005 AV-receiver - Crash
    - Sony HT-XT3 soundplate - Crash
    - Sony DVP-CX860 300 disc DVD Changer - OK
    - Sony HAR-LH500 CD Player / HD Recorder - OK
    - Sony EV-S9000E Hi-8 recorder - Crash
    - Philips VR550 VHS-recorder - OK
    - Canon HF M31 camcorder - Not tested because removed
    - iRobot Roomba 866 - OK
    - Nintendo Wii - OK
    - Apple TV (2nd gen) - OK
    - Mac Mini (late 2012) - OK

All crashes showed the same stack trace.

All OK showed different commands in the pop-down menu.
    Thanks for testing! I have some additional questions: Is it repeatedly the same devices for which the app crashes (is it reproducible)? Do all these devices have larger action lists on your Harmony Remote?
  • brinkie said:
    Thanks for testing! I have some additional questions: Is it repeatedly the same devices for which the app crashes (is it reproducible)? Do all these devices have larger action lists on your Harmony Remote?
    Yes. It's always the same devices crashing after clicking  Miscellaneous / Command. Reproducable every time.

About the action list:
    It's not easy to compare, but I did a fast check for the Sony Hi-8 recorder and 'm sure some commands are missing... like: "Audio monitor", "Counter reset", "Index", "Index Mark", "Index Erase" etc.
  • brinkie said:
    Yes. It's always the same devices crashing after clicking  Miscellaneous / Command. Reproducable every time.
    So we're on to something here!
    About the action list:
    It's not easy to compare, but I did a fast check for the Sony Hi-8 recorder and 'm sure some commands are missing... like: "Audio monitor", "Counter reset", "Index", "Index Mark", "Index Erase" etc.
    I'm looking for the common denominator here. So what do those devices that cause the app to crash have in common? Could you check your remote and get a sense of the number of actions the remote has for these devices? If all of them have a large list of actions, we might have found the problem.
    edited January 2017
    brinkie said:
    brinkie said:
    So we're on to something here!
    About the action list:
    I'm looking for the common denominator here. So what do those devices that cause the app to crash have in common? Could you check your remote and get a sense of the number of actions the remote has for these devices? If all of them have a large list of actions, we might have found the problem.
    Is there a certain area in the android Harmony app or on the logitech remote where the Miscellaneous actions should be available? I don't see a Miscellaneous page in the Harmony app for example... but... I do see "missing" commands in the Harmony remote (that comes with the hub) touch display area.
  • Okay my list of devices and the number of Miscellaneous options:
    Entone DVR - 3
    CL-200T4M - 2
    IR7243 - CRASHHHHHH
    Vision 3D 137B - no misc options
    M8 TV Box - 3
    PS3 - 15
    TX-P50VT30E - 18
    TX-NR609 - CRASHHHHHH
    XBOX - 5
    ASF16R - 3

I just checked the IR7243 in the harmony app on my phone and this device is like my onkyo having a lot of options.

So what do we know atleast till 18 options it's working for my devices.
    Can other people check if they have devices with a higher number then 18? And are the devices that are crashing have a lot of options?
  • For me the harmony Hup App works great and I had never the issue that it crashes. besides the issue wich is mentioned here above after clicking  Miscellaneous / Command

Till today it crashes a few times.

I never used the activities( made always all the steps in Homey) which you can create in the APP from HARMONY itself (not the APP from homey) and while I was creating an activity then suddenly the App in homey crashed.
    I thought that it was a coincidence so i restarted the APP in homey and tried building an new activity in the HARMONY APP.  And the Hormony APP in homey did crash again. I didn't even made a flow to trigger the activity.
    Once the activity was build and when I used it in a flow ( after restarting the APP) it didn't crash anymore.

So here the Homey Harmony App also crashes when building an activity in the Harmony APP (from Harmony) :/

maybe this is useful.
  • @glijie  We ARE talking about Miscellaneous / Command crashes and we want to know if it is because of to many options.
    So it would be great if you test all devices you have with Miscellaneous / Command and tell us if it is crashing or how many options you have. (don't forget to reset app after crash)

And hopefully brinkie can find a solution for the problem but we have to give him information.
    It's not to DIS the app it's for making it even better!
  • brinkie said:
    Phuturist said:
    Not sure if this contributes but I experience the Harmony Hub app not executing the action quite a lot on v1.0.4. So it does not crash but also does not do what it is supposed to do. I had a look at the action card and this error was shows when clicking on the activity drop down (removed my id).

This is the hub closing the connection to Homey (to the Harmony Hub app that is). This used to result in a lost connection that would never be restored. Since version 1.0.4 the app automatically reconnects in 10 seconds. In the meanwhile there's obviously no connection, so during that period the app can't do anything.

While debugging the connection handling by the hub, I noticed it closes the connection after about 70 seconds of inactivity. This means there is no way of keeping a connection open, at least not without doing some polling or something.

To be able to retrieve some more useful debug data from the community, I'm going to add a settings page for the app. This will allow you to configure the reconnect delay and to enable the app to output logging by voice (by the lack of another good method to output error to the end user). Hopefully this will give us insight in a good value for the reconnect delay (currently set to 10 seconds) and into the errors that currently are mostly invisible to the end user.

I just published v1.0.5 to GitHub, which adds a settings page to the App. This will allow you to change the reconnect interval to for instance 0 seconds (immediate). It also allows you to enable debugging by voice, which currently will use Homey's voice to announce (dis)connect events.

Give it a try and please let me know if this is helpful!

• brinkie said:
    brinkie said:
    Phuturist said:

I just published v1.0.5 to GitHub, which adds a settings page to the App. This will allow you to change the reconnect interval to for instance 0 seconds (immediate). It also allows you to enable debugging by voice, which currently will use Homey's voice to announce (dis)connect events.

Give it a try and please let me know if this is helpful!

Cool, I have installed it and set it to 5 seconds. Let's see what happens.