This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Security command's combined with app

Hey homey, turn off the alarm system, recognises my voice, pops up app on my phone and asks for pin code/password/fingerprintscan, possible?

Comments

• @emile said earlier during a presentation that security commands won't be available by voice control

• MarcelKuijperMarcelKuijper Member
    edited November 2015

Thats not what im asking for, i dont want to say a password or code outloud, just asking if it is possible to say any sentence to trigger the app on my phone to enter a code or finger print.

• This is currently not supported, but I do think this would be an awesome idea.
    However, I foresee two problems:
    1) This might be hard to implement, and assumes you authenticating to your mobile device is safe enough, and;
    2) I do more than Android app development only, so this might not be where I (or even we as a team) should spend our time on.

This might be an interesting idea to implement in the future sometime, but you shouldn't expect this in the short term.

• MarcelKuijperMarcelKuijper Member
    edited November 2015

Cool, thank you for the response, i thought it would be complicated but not imposible, i dont know how to program my self, but i do know stuff about security systems, and i thought it would be an awsome idea

• Would it be possible to partition Homey? I would imagine it capable of remote controlling equipment in my daughters room from her smartphone, but not mess with the TV downstairs or the central heating? That way it could also be usable for student homes and other multi-tenant situations.
  • I think they are planning on implementing user rights later. 
  • superice said:

This is currently not supported, but I do think this would be an awesome idea.
    However, I foresee two problems:
    1) This might be hard to implement, and assumes you authenticating to your mobile device is safe enough, and;
    2) I do more than Android app development only, so this might not be where I (or even we as a team) should spend our time on.

This might be an interesting idea to implement in the future sometime, but you shouldn't expect this in the short term.

It can be taken up with the multi user idea, i also would like 2 factor authentication setup.
    For example create flow to watch movies type xxx :* then there is also the need for a nfc tag or phone verifcation. So basicly we can add a validation step in flows before it can run. In the validation all validation options can be set,
    pin code (set per flow?), nfc, keypad,  device ibeacon within range of device xyz.
  • You can do NFC check with nfc trigger and "logic" condition. similar with "you said something".
This discussion has been closed.