This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Additional remote microphones?

This may have already been asked and answered, but I couldn't find it.
Has Athom looked into the possibility adding additional remote microphones?

I have a large home, and it would be nice to have a small microphone in my computer room that transmits my commands back to Homey in the Living room.

Additionally, if flows can determine which microphone it comes from; then a command like “turn on the lights” could turn on the lights in different rooms (based on which microphone it comes from). Or you could tie the microphone to a room and have it control devices in that room with basic commands. 

Comments

• I believe this has been asked before, but never answered.
    In the very early kickstarter days of Homey, Athom did have a 'minihomey' in the pipeline, which would basically be an extra microphone, or some other extra capability. I have no idea if this idea is (still) in development.
  • @subraiden
    For now there is no way to attach/connect another microphone to homey,
    you could put an android phone/tablet or iphone/ipad that has the homey app always open so it is always listening.

I don't think it will become possible in the short run.

@KoenMartens
    The mini homey was for backers, and was/is only a keychain with an NFC chip, i don't know if this ever shipped though.

they have been talking about another mini homey, which contains the NFC chip and the led"ring" in the form of an single LED (or something in that mind)
    but have had no word on this anymore after they were going to look into options for this on april/may? 2016.
  • technimantechniman Member
    edited January 2017
    http://www.aftvnews.com/hands-on-with-the-new-2nd-gen-nvidia-shield-tv-and-new-spot-microphone/
    with a Google Assistent > IFTTT  > Homey  connection 

Nice? no, Functional? likely :-)
    You would then also be able to use the shield as a KODI/Plex/Netflix solution for the TV