This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Android tablet app

Hi guys,

Quick question, is the Android app suitable for use on an Android tablet? I want to attach a cheap one to my wall just to have the homey dashboard on there...

Thanks!

Comments

• Theoretically: yes. However, the app is not optimized or even tested for tablets, so you might encounter some issues (in which case I would appreciate it greatly if you reported them to me!) As far as I know it should work though.
  • Ok superice, thank you for the fast answer. If I get my Homey and a tablet I will test and let you know if there are any issues. I like the way you structured everything by room and device type. Would be the ultimate solution if I could use touch controls next to voice input. Plus it looks really cool to have a domotica controller on your wall 
  • @superice Am I correct to say a requirement would be Android 6.0 to make sure the tablet doesnt respond to voice commands when talking to homey itself?
  • @SUPERICE On my Samsung SMT-320 tablet the app turns screen orientation to portrait. Also when fysical orientation is landscape. This will also be an issue for wall mounted tablets.
  • @superice Am I correct to say a requirement would be Android 6.0 to make sure the tablet doesnt respond to voice commands when talking to homey itself?
    Yes, or Cyanogenmod 12+ (because it has it's own permission system similar to Android 6.0).

@SUPERICE On my Samsung SMT-320 tablet the app turns screen orientation to portrait. Also when fysical orientation is landscape. This will also be an issue for wall mounted tablets.
    Correct. Because I did not have time to test with landscape orientation, and the app was going to be phone-only for the initial beta period, I didn't enable landscape mode and forced portrait mode. I'm planning on making landscape available, but my tasklist is pretty full, so I'm not sure when I'll get to that. I can assure you however that landscape mode is going to work eventually :)
  • Thanks for the quick answer :)
  • Joske522 said:
    Hi guys,

Quick question, is the Android app suitable for use on an Android tablet? I want to attach a cheap one to my wall just to have the homey dashboard on there...

Thanks!

• i have the Photon Browser on on the tablet is a flasch browser and he works perfect with homey