This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Philips Hue lights unreachable

2»

Comments

• And is the Hue app still running and not crashed?
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited December 2016
    The Hue app didn't crash, but I have recovered the lights through pressing the button on the bridge as @hnijveen ;
    mentioned in this thread. Is is still possible to send the log or do I have to wait until the next time the lights become unreachable?

[edit] there is already a git and I forgot I commented on this issue in August

https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/749
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited December 2016
    @fiek : you should add your recent findings to the bug, also what you had to do to revive the connection. Please note homey, app and bridge software-versions.
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited December 2016
    @BasVanDenBosch ..just did that. Now Athom should increase the average speed of solving issues
  • Every day (almost) I have to connect the Hue lights again (10). It drives me crazy! Open the door. Oh shit lights wont go on, I wonder what happened again...Come on hue light is there for months now. I not a complianer and I know its beta and I run experimental but a litte stability or solving this is not to much to ask I think.

Dat wide ik ff kwijt :)
    That is what I wanted to say :)
  • Did you send a log to Athom and/or created an issue? In 1.0.1/1.0.2 there was a "bug" because the firmware of HUE was updated but this shouldn't happen on 1.0.3 anymore...
  • Every day (almost) I have to connect the Hue lights again (10). It drives me crazy! Open the door. Oh shit lights wont go on, I wonder what happened again...Come on hue light is there for months now. I not a complianer and I know its beta and I run experimental but a litte stability or solving this is not to much to ask I think.

Dat wide ik ff kwijt :)
    That is what I wanted to say :)
    i don't know if you already have or if it will work, but did you gave your Hue Bridge a Fixed IP adress in your router?
    if not maybe it helps?
  • elke week moet ik mijn hue opnieuw installeren op de homey en alle flows weer aanmaken. De support van Athom is net zo onbetrouwbaar als hun product bij mij gaat ie de verkoop in.
  • Like @glijie says: Did you give the bridge a fixed IP-adress? If your router gives the bridge a new IP-adress every once in a while Homey won't be able to find it...
  • @rvhaeften   ik had er ook last mee.    na het vastzetten van het ip adres in de router was het opgelost.
    het was even een puzzeltje maar daarna geen last meer gehad.

english;  i also had this issue.  it made me mad, but afther  put a fixed ip adres  the problem was solved.
  • yes ip is fixed it does not help
  • After the update of the Homey Hue app where Homey polls the Hue bridge every 5 second. I didn't have any problems with lights being unreachable, but since yesterday all my lights are unreachable again. The Philips Hue app on my phone works. I tried the following

- PTP Homey
    - PTP Hue bridge
    - Adding a new light in the wizard tot revive connection (worked before, but not anymore)

Any other idea's?

• Do you see anything in the logs from:
    https://apps.athom.com/app/gov.nsa.logger
    nor the HUE-app wasn't updated nor Homey's firmware. Was the firmware of the bridge updated? If not, did it get a new ip-address?
  • @BasVanDenBosch i will install the homey logger tonight. The Hue bridge has a dhcp reservation. The IP is still the same 
  • fiek said:
    After the update of the Homey Hue app where Homey polls the Hue bridge every 5 second. I didn't have any problems with lights being unreachable, but since yesterday all my lights are unreachable again. The Philips Hue app on my phone works. I tried the following

- PTP Homey
    - PTP Hue bridge
    - Adding a new light in the wizard tot revive connection (worked before, but not anymore)

Any other idea's?

try adding the hue bridge again in homey...most of the time hue will be back....there are no lost off settings when you do
  • @glijie thnx but I already tried that multiple times, but there is no hue bridge found. Also the homey logger doesn't log anything concerning the Hue lights. Tried everything so I am gonna remove the app and install the lights again :(
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited January 2017
    I just reinstalled the Hue app on Homey and added the lights  and everything is working again. Now I have to adjust my flows. Hope this is the last time I reinstall those lights.
  • What might have worked was  thdisabeling and re-enabeling the app, did you try that?
  • What might have worked was  thdisabeling and re-enabeling the app, did you try that?
    I also tried that, what I noticed was that the lamps became available for one second and then they lost the connection.