This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[1.1.2] Disable experimental update option when enabled?

Is there a way to disable the experimental update option when enabled? It's greyed out and enabled at the moment.

Comments

• You should disable automatic updates and only upgrade to stable versions.
  • HansieNLHansieNL Member
    edited January 2017
    I thought is it possible, but WITH LOSS of all your settings. Maybe someone can confirm?
  • When disabling automatic updates, I still can't disable the experimental update option.
  • When disabling automatic updates, I still can't disable the experimental update option.
    As far as I know do you have to fully reset Homey and choose for a fresh install. You will however loose all your settings.
  • Thank you @HansieNL for your explanation. I thought it read, somewhere on this forum a while ago, they would fix that in future releases.....  :| I have just to wait and see...
  • there is a warning when you go to experimental update that you can't go back unless you fully reset your homey.
    Well that was when I did go to the experimental update. 
  • glijie said:
    there is a warning when you go to experimental update that you can't go back unless you fully reset your homey.
    Well that was when I did go to the experimental update. 
    Yeah, me to, but that was when homey, as a whole, was experimental. Now I want to go back to stable release because of the way Homey 'Darwinised'  :)
  • You van reset your Homey and then restore your settings from the Athom backup. After restore the check is disabled. At least it was when I did a reset and restore a month ago.
  • You van reset your Homey and then restore your settings from the Athom backup. After restore the check is disabled. At least it was when I did a reset and restore a month ago.
    Athom backup? I know there is a flow backup app, but is there a way to backup the complete device?
    Athom backup? I know there is a flow backup app, but is there a way to backup the complete device?
    no
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited January 2017
    You can do 2 resets 1 which keeps your setttings and one which don't. But have no experience with both of them. 
    [Edit]
    Oh oops @MrDutchfighter just gave your answer

So when yoy do the reset you will get the question if you want to save your settings,.....I supposed

https://www.athom.com/en/support/KB000012/

As I said no expperience but there it is

• For a full reset you have to choose not to keep your old data.
  • Okay! Thank you @MrDutchfighter @glijie @HansieNL @DieterKoblenz
    I think I get it!

• If during setup in the Homey-windows/apple-app you keep the alt-key pressed you should be able to disable experimental and still keep your settings, at least that's what was stated before.
  • And if I don't use windows or Mac?
    (I'm one of these Linux weirdo's  ;) )