This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] Harmony Hub App (v1.0.4)

Comments

• Working OK here too. @brinkie have a nice drink this weekend ;)
  • spoelly said:
    Working OK here too. @brinkie have a nice drink this weekend ;)
    Yes, works now. Thanx again brinkie, do something nice with it!
  • Fire69 said:
    Phuturist said:

I tried the button but it isnt working yet, seems there is some information missing?!?
    Working OK here.
    Thanks! Very much appreciated!
  • spoelly said:
    Will do! Thanks!
  • Phuturist said:
    spoelly said:
    Yes, works now. Thanx again brinkie, do something nice with it!
    Thanks! I appreciate it!
  • Menno said:
    @brinkie I posted an question in the better logic thread:

I wondering if the following is possible with your app (+ HomeyDash + Harmony).
    I've greated a few bitflips for my favorite tv channels let say channel3, channel5, channel20, etc
    What I do now is great a flow to:
    if= channel3 on then channel5, 6, 20 off + harmony sets my tv to channel3 (this is working great but maybe not the best way to do it)
    In the HomeyDash dashboard I see what channel is selected/on and which are off when I controle the bitflips from the dashboard.
    Now what I'm trying to achieve is that when I use my remote controle (harmony) and select channel5 that this will also change on the dashboard.
    Is something like this possible??? and how can I achieve this???

Now I'm wondering do I need an IF card within the harmony app? Now I only have an "Activity Changed" card, is it possible to create an "Command Changed" card with tag "Command" (value of the third field)
    I'll look into the possibilities.
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited January 2017
    @brinkie  Would be great!
    I read that @Uranday is busy greating a virtual button, so I think that will fix my channel problem because they are now virtual on/off lamp switches (bitflip) and with a virtual button I don't really need the status.
    But still I think "Command Changed" would be usefull for a lot of other things. Now I only have to hope the virtual button when released will be visible in the HomeyDash from @swttt
  • @Menno @brinkie
    Depends on the capability used. Not sure what kind of virtual button you mean, but when it uses a standard capability it should work.
  • @swttt thanks for your answer but the virtual button will be created by the BetterLogic app not the harmony app @Uranday can you tell us it will be using standard capability when finished?
  • 2Be2Be Member
    @brinkie
    Cheers!
  •  2Be said:
    @brinkie
    Cheers!
    Cheers to you too! ;)
  • I get this error after installing 1.02 

Stack trace:

Error: Cannot find module 'harmonyhubjs-discover'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:325:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:276:25)
    at Module.require (module.js:353:17)
    at require (internal/module.js:12:17)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/drivers/hub/driver.js:3:26)
    at Module._compile (module.js:409:26)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:416:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:343:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:300:12)

Exit code: 1
    Exit signal: null
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited January 2017
    Robbertos said:
    I get this error after installing 1.02 

Stack trace:

Error: Cannot find module 'harmonyhubjs-discover'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:325:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:276:25)
    at require (internal/module.js:12:17)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/drivers/hub/driver.js:3:26)
    at Module._compile (module.js:409:26)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:416:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:343:32)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:300:12)

How did you download it from Github? It seems to be missing one of the node_modules. Try downloading the zip from Github and install it again.
  • rvmourikrvmourik Member
    edited January 2017
    Hi,

Question, i have a Onkyo receiver and i want to mute it when homey starts to listen. But somehow the Mute command is not in the list of command when adding the trigger card with a "send a command".

I checked the Harmony App from Logitech on my Mac and there the option Mute is available as custom command. Is there a reason why it's not available in the App for Homey?

Other then that, great App!

Edit
    Pfff, found the problem! The Volume option in the dropdown wasn't visible because of the overflow of the browser. Added another card to the the Then column and the option became visible. I believe i read a couple of posts back you fixed that in the Github release?
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited January 2017
    @rvmourik there is also an Onkyo app (but this one is losing it connection at the moment) nice thing of this app is you have the option to set volume value like 15 or something.

I also use the mute option by Harmony and also unmute when homey stops listening makes the % of correct understood words  a lot higher.

And correct in the github version you can type the first characters very handy
  • Menno said:
    @rvmourik there is also an Onkyo app (but this one is losing it connection at the moment) nice thing of this app is you have the option to set volume value like 15 or something.

I also use the mute option by Harmony and also unmute when homey stops listening makes the % of correct understood words  a lot higher.

And correct in the github version you can type the first characters very handy
    I did now of the App, but sadly my Onkyo is a little prehistoric and without a network connection. So i need to use plain old IR signals :smile:, but thanks for the tip!
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited January 2017
    @brinkie bug found!
    Again with the "send a command" card 

When I select versterker (onkyo) - Miscellaneous - 
    I can't use the third field and get the following crash error:

TypeError: args.args.controlGroup.function.forEach is not a function
    at Object.<anonymous> (/app.js:67:53)
    at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)
    at Object.emit (events.js:172:7)
    at /homey-app/manager/flow.js:23:37
    at /homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:1077
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at process.<anonymous> (/homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:1046)
    at process.emit (events.js:172:7)
    at internal/child_process.js:696:12

But when I do the same for my TV box:  TV box - Miscellaneous - then I get the list of options

-------- edit ------------

All other options that I have for the onkyo receiver in the second part are giving options in the third part without crashing in "send a command"
  • Menno said:
    @brinkie bug found!
    Again with the "send a command" card 

When I select versterker (onkyo) - Miscellaneous - 
    I can't use the third field and get the following crash error:

TypeError: args.args.controlGroup.function.forEach is not a function
    at Object.<anonymous> (/app.js:67:53)
    at Object.emit (events.js:172:7)
    at /homey-app/manager/flow.js:23:37
    at process.<anonymous> (/homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:1046)
    at process.emit (events.js:172:7)
    at internal/child_process.js:696:12

But when I do the same for my TV box:  TV box - Miscellaneous - then I get the list of options
    Seems like the controlGroup "Miscellanious" doesn't contain any actions for your receiver? Are there any options to expected, based on the options you see on your remote?
  • @brinkie not sure what should be under "Miscellanious" but if I check the available options from the harmony remote guess arround 70 or so and in your app I see arround maybe 30 options in total.
  • Because of this I found another tiny problem I will show you with images:

First picture is okay (all option showing)

Second picture I'm missing the last option (Volume) this happens when the drop down screen is on the second card on my screen I know this is not really your app problem but a global one.

But what might be possible is to have the combo of github version and the store version.
    So you can type V (github version) and you will see Volume (but you have to know the first character) and you can use the arrow down button and it will show the selected option like the (store version). 

Would be nicer if it was possible to drag and drop the card but that's an Athom issue

• i just run into this error, it's in one of the modules so don't know if you can do much about this (app v1.0.2, or rather v1.0.1(?) since there was no version bump after latest updates)
    Stack trace:
    Error: Uncaught, unspecified "error" event. (XMPP authentication failure)
    at Client.emit (events.js:144:17)
    at Client._handleAuthState (/node_modules/node-xmpp-client/lib/Client.js:298:10)
    at Client._handleStanza (/node_modules/node-xmpp-client/lib/Client.js:234:12)
    at Client.onStanza (/node_modules/node-xmpp-client/lib/Client.js:222:8)
    at emitOne (events.js:77:13)
    at Connection.emit (events.js:169:7)
    at Connection.onStanza (/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/Connection.js:369:10)
    at StreamParser.<anonymous> (/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/Connection.js:226:10)
    at StreamParser.emit (events.js:169:7)

• caseda said:
    i just run into this error, it's in one of the modules so don't know if you can do much about this (app v1.0.2, or rather v1.0.1(?) since there was no version bump after latest updates)
    Stack trace:
    Error: Uncaught, unspecified "error" event. (XMPP authentication failure)
    at Client.emit (events.js:144:17)
    at Client._handleAuthState (/node_modules/node-xmpp-client/lib/Client.js:298:10)
    at Client._handleStanza (/node_modules/node-xmpp-client/lib/Client.js:234:12)
    at Client.onStanza (/node_modules/node-xmpp-client/lib/Client.js:222:8)
    at Connection.emit (events.js:169:7)
    at Connection.onStanza (/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/Connection.js:369:10)
    at StreamParser.<anonymous> (/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/Connection.js:226:10)
    at StreamParser.emit (events.js:169:7)

Seems like an issue in the library indeed. If it happens again, please let me know. I might pass it on to the creator of the library.

•  New release on GitHub (v1.0.3)

* Major improvements on activity change detection (no more polling needed!).
    + Added additional flow cards to the "When..." column for more refined flow control:
      1. Activity start requested;
      2. Activity starting;
      3. Activity started;
      4. Activity stop requested;
      5. Activity stopping;
      6. All devices turned of.
    - Removed "Activity changed" flow card, because it has become useless.
    * Changed the name of the app to "Harmony Hub App", so the distinction between the app (under Apps section) and actual devices (under Devices section) is clearer.

Anyone care to test it? I consider this version an RC for the next release to the AppStore.

Please let me know what you think :)

• @brinkie I will give it  try one sec
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited January 2017
    Looks great! thanks again @brinkie

What I did:

Install from github (havn't removed old guthub version) = OK
    Change TV channel =OK
    Change activity = OK
    Looked at new IF When options looking good (not tested yet) = OK
    Tested Onkyo Send a Command with Miscellanious option = Crash (This is only for the Onkyo app other Miscellanious are working)
    Tested Typing and arrow in Send a Command in first field = Both OK
    Tested Typing and arrow in Send a Command in second field = Only typing is working
    Tested Typing and arrow in Send a Command in third field = Both OK

In Microsoft terms speaking this Technical Preview build is ready to move to Current Branch (I'm also busy now doing an upgrade for SCCM and SCOM )  ;-)

Question what can we do with the Hub tag (asume this one is for multi hub's)

• Working perfect!
  • brinkie said:

New release on GitHub (v1.0.3)

* Major improvements on activity change detection (no more polling needed!).
    + Added additional flow cards to the "When..." column for more refined flow control:
      1. Activity start requested;
      2. Activity starting;
      3. Activity started;
      4. Activity stop requested;
      5. Activity stopping;
      6. All devices turned of.
    - Removed "Activity changed" flow card, because it has become useless.
    * Changed the name of the app to "Harmony Hub App", so the distinction between the app (under Apps section) and actual devices (under Devices section) is clearer.

Anyone care to test it? I consider this version an RC for the next release to the AppStore.

Please let me know what you think :)

Awesome stuff, rebuild most of my Hub flows to use these new functionalities! Seems to work so far!
  • Been running pretty good but I just got this crash. Might have happened while executing a Harmony Hub action from a flow but cant tell for sure. Other than this is running pretty smooth again.

Stack trace:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'send' of undefined
    at SendAction (/drivers/hub/driver.js:614:11)
    at /drivers/hub/driver.js:342:34
    at GetClient (/drivers/hub/driver.js:700:5)
    at Object.module.exports.sendCommandToDevice (/drivers/hub/driver.js:336:5)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/app.js:87:63)
    at emitThree (events.js:97:13)
    at Object.emit (events.js:175:7)
    at /homey-app/manager/flow.js:12:37

• Yesterday I also had 1 crash, but I was syncing my harmony remote because of new activity added maybe that has caused it. Just checked and it's still running fine he survived the night ;-)
  • @brinkie is it also possible to add AND cards?
    Why I ask this have a few flows where I only want to run something when my tv on/off, my tv box,activity running  etc

for example I trying to get a flow to do the following:

If= someone rings my door
    And = My TV is ON
    Then = start android box with ring app on it