This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

Comments

• honey said:

Then you have to wait a few more months.

How many? 2 months or 22 months? You dont know without a development roadmap.

Also how do you know what apps Athom is going to release in the next few months? Without that knowledge you dont know if it make sense to develop an app or you would just waste your time and work in parallel with athom to support the same product. Does it make sense?

The real first batch is only 10+1pcs. (I guess, the rest goes to employees and partner companies to develop apps)

All the time, you are mentioning this roadmap as if you are entitled to it. You are not. If the homey team does not want to release their roadmap (they have one, 100% sure) to the public, that is their call, and a very justifyable one for that. Imagine that people buy hardware X because homey 'promised' that hardware X would be integrated at feb 2016. Something inevitable goes wrong, and they cannot integrate hardware X until 2017. Now you have an angry costumer. If homey didn't show that they would integrate hardware X by feb 2016, this problem would not excist.

Secrecy is not always a bad thing, keep this in mind.

I fully support homey in their decision to not release a roadmap if that would be their decision.

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

We will release some sort of roadmap, probably using Trello. What you will find there is in no way definitive, but it will give you some insight in what we're planning to develop (ourselves). Don't expect dates, just priorities. We found that the 'it's done when it's done' attitude works better for us, and we have this luxury, as there is no management that is pushing us to release anything before it's very, very good :-)

• honeyhoney Member
    edited November 2015

Perfect. Thanks Emile. That is all what we need to avoid parallel developments, also will help potential customers to make the right decision. Deferentially it is not something to use taking you accountable as some people understood.
    Have a lovely day guys.

@Koen

"....as if you are entitled to it"

Ha-ha! Definitely not, you got it so wrong. It is their call. Just as it is their call to send the Homey to you or not, you are an investor and not entitled to get a product in return (Kickstarter policy)

• @Emile: I guess you forgot the word 'yet' in the sentence
    "as there is no management that is pushing us to release anything before it's very, very good "

• Having the product backlog visible on Trello is great! A little offtopic, sometime back you mentioned a micro funding platform for the community. Is this still a viable idea. As a non-coder this would be a great way to fund community apps that have my interest.

We'll see how app development goes before we put time in developing such a feature, but it's definitely still on the list.

• In the last update (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/athom/homey-the-living-room-talk-to-your-home/posts/1410160) it was said that first batch backers "can expect their (truly first batch) Homeys already in a week or two."

Have they received their homeys yet?

We're still fine-tuning them, I hope to ship them somewhere next week :)

• Hi

Any update from the factory ? ETA and so ...

Niklas

edited November 2015

Nothing new, except they're already assembling the casings :)

• Emile said:

Sounds great !

Thanks

• DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited November 2015

Emile said:

Video??

• PauluzPauluz Member
    edited November 2015

*** /me very eager to see the very first YT unpacking/reviews *
    ^ handsdown ^**

• on the homey order page : Homey will ship around January 2016. Reserve yours now!

looks like everyone that already ordered will have homey by the end of the year :)

• Ziglar said:
    on the homey order page : Homey will ship around January 2016. Reserve yours now!

looks like everyone that already ordered will have homey by the end of the year :)

COOL

With a little bit of luck, we will ship Geek editions before Christmas, and the rest in January. Our manufacturer has christmas break. We have no idea what that even means. ;)

• Hopefully they don't break the Homey production line :-O

• Emile said:
    With a little bit of luck, we will ship Geek editions before Christmas, and the rest in January. Our manufacturer has christmas break. We have no idea what that even means. ;)

usually the week between christmas and new year, but this is only a speculation .

• Ziglar said:

Emile said:

usually the week between christmas and new year, but this is only a speculation .

He probably meant that Athom won't have a Christmas break :p

• ZiglarZiglar Member
    edited November 2015

• This means pre ordered geek editions will be shipped before the end of this year?

• Geek backers i guess. First all the backers than the pre orders

• darn - pre-orders will be January then :( - to bad was really hoping for December...

• Me too, although these geek backers now have the entire Christmas break to develop all the nice apps...:-):-)

• I wish - will not be home after Dec 17:(. Hope to play 31st in between the 'oliebollen bakken'....

• ReneBoeije said:
    I wish - will not be home after Dec 17:(. Hope to play 31st in between the 'oliebollen bakken'....

dutch doughnut

• ZiglarZiglar Member
    edited November 2015

Emile said:
    With a little bit of luck, we will ship Geek editions before Christmas, and the rest in January ~

i dont read anything about a diffrence between kickstarter geek editions and pre-order-geek-editions.
    i guess that the geek editions are build first, and then the normal edtions.

@Emile , could u please clarify this ?

• WilbertWilbert Member
    edited November 2015

Emile said:
    Pre-orders through our website will be shipped when all Kickstarter orders are fulfilled :)

They will be sent according to order date, regardless of a geek edition or not, but I expect that we can ship most of them at once.

He already did some time ago.
    And the only difference are the transmitters
    homey it self is the same

• Emile said:

Of course another delay!!
    Why??
    Not the Christmas break. Before Christmas the pre ordered homey's should be delivered you wrote.

• jovink said:

Emile said:

Of course another delay!!
    Why??
    Not the Christmas break. Before Christmas the pre ordered homey's should be delivered you wrote.

cry more ... cmon, stop this ****

This discussion has been closed.