This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] Harmony Hub App (v1.0.4)

Comments

• Now for something completely different :smile: when I add the Harmony in the IF column I get the card 'Activity changed' with a value tag. I got it to work that when I turn to e.g. watch a movie (either from off or changing from another activity) the lights dim. But how do get it to act when the activity is stopped (so that I can turn up the lights when I am done watching a movie). I can not select this action, only the activities I configured in the harmony? Or is this some generic name that we do not know yet?
  • Ah - yes, would it be possible to detect if the Everything Off button has been pressed on the Harmony? So not a switch between activities that switches off individual components (and switches on others), but the overall Everything Off button.

I'd like to then also power off the socket that feeds all AV equipment. And bring the house lights back up :)

• Detecting the "everything off" button is possible and this is now on my TODO list!
  • Installed Github version, no succes :(

Stack trace:

ReferenceError: device_data_id is not defined
    at Object.module.exports.sendCommandToDevice (/drivers/hub/driver.js:332:15)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/app.js:74:63)
    at emitThree (events.js:97:13)
    at Object.emit (events.js:175:7)
    at /homey-app/manager/flow.js:12:37
    at /homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:1077
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at process.<anonymous> (/homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:1046)
    at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)
    at process.emit (events.js:172:7)

Exit code: 1
    Exit signal: null
  • when is the next logite ch app update
  • fransko said:
    when is the next logite ch app update
    When it's done.
  • brinkie said:
    Sorry @Menno, @aelsenaar and @Fire69 on the autocomplete error. That was my error. I just updated the code on GitHub. Would you mind pulling the code and do some more testing?
    Hi @brinkie, pulled the latest (still 1.0.1) from github this morning and installed it. Until now still running without connection problems and it is still possible to stop and start activities. For me it is much more stable now. Let's wait till tomorrow morning.
  • brinkie said:
    Was the hub online when is error occurred?
    @brinkie yes quite sure it was online. 
    After the crash when I do disable --> enable it's okay again I can do some flows (no bitflips) without problem. when I do the bitflip again crash
  • brinkie said:
    Phuturist said:
    brinkie said:

So your hub was turned off?
    Can tell for sure, if you recieved a crash report between 0:00 and 07:00 it was off, otherwise it might have been on.

I haven't actually. This is an interesting case though. I have read somewhere Hub's ID can change over power cycles, which could mean the app might be able to find the hub after it has been powered off. I have tried to test this, but a quick PTP and replug didn't result in a different Hub ID. I'd be interested to here some more test results from people actually unplugging their hub on a daily basis.

I'm going to do some more testing with this use case myself as well.

I'm now 100% sure the hub was online. The app crashed shortly after my girfriend used Homey to watch TV in the afternoon. She confirmed the flow executed succesfully (including the Hub action). Just checked Homey and the app had crashed, so that had to happen afterwards during the time it was powered on.
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited January 2017
    Phuturist said:
    brinkie said:
    Phuturist said:
    brinkie said:

Can tell for sure, if you recieved a crash report between 0:00 and 07:00 it was off, otherwise it might have been on.

I haven't actually. This is an interesting case though. I have read somewhere Hub's ID can change over power cycles, which could mean the app might be able to find the hub after it has been powered off. I have tried to test this, but a quick PTP and replug didn't result in a different Hub ID. I'd be interested to here some more test results from people actually unplugging their hub on a daily basis.

I'm now 100% sure the hub was online. The app crashed shortly after my girfriend used Homey to watch TV in the afternoon. She confirmed the flow executed succesfully (including the Hub action). Just checked Homey and the app had crashed, so that had to happen afterwards during the time it was powered on.
    Any chance you captured the error or the exact time it occurred?
  • brinkie said:
    Phuturist said:
    brinkie said:
    Phuturist said:
    brinkie said:

No not exact, but the error was the same as reported (device_data_id is not defined) and it happened between 17:15 and 18:45. I'll see if I can pinpoint it further.
  • Phuturist said:
    brinkie said:
    Phuturist said:
    brinkie said:
    Phuturist said:
    brinkie said:

No not exact, but the error was the same as reported (device_data_id is not defined) and it happened between 17:15 and 18:45. I'll see if I can pinpoint it further.

The only crash report I received in that timeframe is from 17.45 but it reports the current version of the app v1.0.0 (not v1.0.1 as currently in GitHub):

-----------------------

Dear Raymond,

A crash occurred for your app (version 1.0.0) at Jan 12, 2017 4:45 PM (UTC).

Homey software version: 1.1.2

Crash report:
        Error: read ECONNRESET
        at exports._errnoException (util.js:907:11)
        at TCP.onread (net.js:557:26)

N.B.: You will soon be able to view (an archive of) these logs from witin a developer panel on the app page.

---
    Athom B.V.

-----------------------

Do you get crash reports from people running your app in debug? Maybe not, as I have not received a single crash report from v1.0.1 until now.

• @brinkie I can create a crash if you need one (21.40)

Stack trace:

ReferenceError: device_data_id is not defined
    at Object.module.exports.sendCommandToDevice (/drivers/hub/driver.js:332:15)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/app.js:74:63)
    at emitThree (events.js:97:13)
    at Object.emit (events.js:175:7)
    at /homey-app/manager/flow.js:12:37
    at /homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:1077
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at process.<anonymous> (/homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:1046)
    at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)
    at process.emit (events.js:172:7)

Exit code: 1
    Exit signal: null

• this is causing the crash
  • Menno said:

this is causing the crash
    Thank, but what is causing it exactly? Just sending a command? Any or a specific command? Any or a specific device?
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited January 2017
    @brinkie it's my tv box from caiway (dutch tv provider) 

Entone DVR - NumericBasic - 4 (so it should show me channel 4 on my tv)
  • strange thing is when I do start activity televisie (TV) it goes fine
  • @brinkie seems to be with "Stuur een commando naar" (send command to) I have the same problem with my curtains: Gordijnen - Miscellaneous - Open
  • Thanks @menno, for debugging the "send a command" flow card! Would you mind testing the update below?

Now on GitHub in v1.0.2:

- Fixed an issue that would break the "send a command" flow card's "control type" dropdown.
    - Fixed an issue that would break the "send a command" flow card execution.
    * BONUS: The "send a command" flow card's "control type" and "activity" dropdowns now filter by input.

• @brinkie you're the best!

Did the same flow tv -number - 4 and now it is working again
  •  Menno said:
    @brinkie you're the best!

Great! Thanks again for testing! :)
  • working nice @brinkie ;
  • Thanks for the bonus really happy with it (often when I had a card at the bottom of my screen I had to use the arrow down key to get to the correct value)
  • brinkie said:
     Menno said:

Why don't you have a donate button somewhere @brinkie?
  • Phuturist said:
    Indeed already asked him a time a go in the app store

He can make one of the best homey apps but he can't make a donate button???? hehehe
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited January 2017
    @brinkie I posted an question in the better logic thread:

I wondering if the following is possible with your app (+ HomeyDash + Harmony).
    I've greated a few bitflips for my favorite tv channels let say channel3, channel5, channel20, etc
    What I do now is great a flow to:
    if= channel3 on then channel5, 6, 20 off + harmony sets my tv to channel3 (this is working great but maybe not the best way to do it)
    In the HomeyDash dashboard I see what channel is selected/on and which are off when I controle the bitflips from the dashboard.
    Now what I'm trying to achieve is that when I use my remote controle (harmony) and select channel5 that this will also change on the dashboard.
    Is something like this possible??? and how can I achieve this???

Now I'm wondering do I need an IF card within the harmony app? Now I only have an "Activity Changed" card, is it possible to create an "Command Changed" card with tag "Command" (value of the third field)
  • Phuturist said:
    brinkie said:
     Menno said:

Because this question keeps coming back, I've added a donate button to the start post.
  • brinkie said:
    Phuturist said:
    brinkie said:
     Menno said:

Because this question keeps coming back, I've added a donate button to the start post.
    Yeah, I might have asked it sometime back I think. I just like to show my appreciation, these community apps are responsible for a huge part of my Homey experience. Having to fix stuff and people asking when it's done probably isnt always motivating, so I hope this is.

I tried the button but it isnt working yet, seems there is some information missing?!?
  • Phuturist said:

I tried the button but it isnt working yet, seems there is some information missing?!?
    Working OK here.