This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

How do comment homey to operate a newly learn remote ?

I get my homey to learn up a new IR remote , but I cant figure out a way to use voice command to ask homey to operate with it . Please help 

Comments

• That's topic 5 u ask for the same question, m8.  Here we continue maybe?
  • That's topic 5 u ask for the same question, m8.  Here we continue maybe?
    Sure.... so any suggestion ? I believe I share u the logic ... yet homey is not responding 
  • RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited January 2017
    Ok ok, here we go:
    Am using Dutch here so i had to translate myself. If some cards are called different, plz help me.
    We start making a flow, assuming u know how to log in to ur Homey, in the top right corner of ur screen.

In the left colom we put this card:

Be sure to take the "something was said" card!

In the middle colom we use this card:
    My card is called "bevat" and ur card has a different name when u have the englisg language. Plz feel free to translate the dutch word "bevat"

After that we drag the little text tag from the left colom into the card in the middle colom:

After that we think of 1 word that Homey will understand for sure. I took "dinner" but feel free to use any word u like.
    As long it's an easy word for Homey to understand. That word is gonna be in the middle colom at the bottom of the card:

After that we put a card in the very right colom. This is gonna be ur IR device. Mine is called "Fan woonkamer" but maybe urs will be "Panasonic thingie" :

Be sure to take the card which says: Push button several times" and fill in 10 like in example above. Don't use the card which says: push a button!
    By now ur flow will look something like this:

Now click "save", top left, next to the test button.
    Now all we have to do is say a sentence to Homey and be sure the keyword is in that very sentence.
    When u now say "Ok Homey" and after that : "Is dinner ready?" or "Is dinner on the table?" then Homey will hear that 1 word, "dinner" in my example, and will fire the flow.

Now, if u have any questions about this, plz ask here. Plz dont ask in 5 different topics because it's very hard for all of us to keep track on ur problem.

• Ok ok, here we go:
    Am using Dutch here so i had to translate myself. If some cards are called different, plz help me.
    We start making a flow, assuming u know how to log in to ur Homey, in the top right corner of ur screen.

In the left colom we put this card:

Be sure to take the "something was said" card!

In the middle colom we use this card:
    My card is called "bevat" and ur card has a different name when u have the englisg language. Plz feel free to translate the dutch word "bevat"

After that we drag the little text tag from the left colom into the card in the middle colom:

After that we think of 1 word that Homey will understand for sure. I took "dinner" but feel free to use any word u like.
    As long it's an easy word for Homey to understand. That word is gonna be in the middle colom at the bottom of the card:

After that we put a card in the very right colom. This is gonna be ur IR device. Mine is called "Fan woonkamer" but maybe urs will be "Panasonic thingie" :

Be sure to take the card which says: Push button several times" and fill in 10 like in example above. Don't use the card which says: push a button!
    By now ur flow will look something like this:

Now click "save", top left, next to the test button.
    Now all we have to do is say a sentence to Homey and be sure the keyword is in that very sentence.
    When u now say "Ok Homey" and after that : "Is dinner ready?" or "Is dinner on the table?" then Homey will hear that 1 word, "dinner" in my example, and will fire the flow.

Now, if u have any questions about this, plz ask here. Plz dont ask in 5 different topics because it's very hard for all of us to keep track on ur problem.

Tried ... homey is able to get what i say ... just unable to send the IR signal out .. 

thanks