This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Homey doesn't seem to send any infrared signal

Hi all, my Homey doesn't seem to send any infrared signal. My tv did not respond at all to the IR-tests. So I tried to find out the location of the IR-sender of the Homey  by filming the Homey while running IR-tests. The IR-signal should be visible (like the IR-remote's signal is also visible), but from no angle whatsoever does the Homey emit IR-light. Is my Homey's IR-sender broken?
Regards,
Tim van Steenbergen

Comments

• With what phone are u filming?
    Most phones has a IR filter on the backside camera. Maybe try the front camera?

• great movie :p

• Recorded it with my Huawei P7, checked to see that it does record IR. Pressing a button on my KIKA should send the tv-aan signal Unfortunately it doesn't. Yet to find out if that is due to Homey's IR not working or the recorded IR's from the KPN-device
  • @TimVanSteenbergen Did you try with other remotes then KPN? They have some encrypted signal I guess or they're using a completely different kind of modulation. 
  • Yeah! Some succes at last. Tried it with the remote of my 5-year old Matsui dvd player and that worked fine! The IR-signal from the Homey is only visible using my phone when the angle is exactly right. So, the good news: my Homey is able to send IR-signals. The bad news: appearently Homey can't replicate the remote of the KPN.
  • I try to teach homey with a panasonic fan remote .. it seem dosent work too .. when i say ok homey turn on the fan ... nothing is happening :( 
  • RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited January 2017
    @erictks Can u check this topic?
  • I had the fidelio from philips working previously, but wanted to add a button. So retried adding which worked, but transmitting doesnt seem to do anything from homey
  • Welcome to homey ir trouble
  • Sommo said:
    Welcome to homey ir trouble
  • -lot.. sadly it's Since the beginning that i'm in trouble with homey's ir working..i'm hoping for a good new firmware that could resolve..
    but i think and also read in other topic that probably is a case problem that blocks ir ray 
  • Well in my case it worked before. 
    updated to latest firmware and it still worked. 

Then I tried re-adding the remote with training buttons and it gets trained well, but after, nada no response. :(
  • Mi homey can learn but not repeat 
  • edited February 2017
    Sommo said:
    Mi homey can learn but not repeat 
    sounds like what i have now as well ;(
    although it worked with me before.
  • Sommo said:
    okay i have to rectify this...turned out the batteries of the fidelio remote were low... resulting in probably not the best signal... new batteries, new remote trained... sent signal just fine...
  • Sommo said:

Good for you bro ... my IR with Panasonic totally not working