This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

ring.com doorbell support on homey

Comments

• Wondering can this code be transformed to homey app?

https://github.com/jeroenmoors/php-ring-api

• mruitermruiter Member
    edited January 2017
    @menno someone is already giving it a try.
    The PHP Api works so he "only" has to convert it into a homey app.
    But we just have to wait a little until he makes magic happen .
  • Using the Ring for a few years now, it is a great product and would love to see an app for Homey. Although Ring does not offer a public api, there are options for a b2b initiative.
  • @DennieDeGroot NICE!!!!!

Will try a github install in a few minutes 
  • @DennieDeGroot

Working great!!! much better then IFTTT (was taking sometimes minutes for me)

Tested:
    installation working
    motion alert working
    ring alert working
  • @DennieDeGroot  Next? (wish) after motion/ring detection showing live view in for example HomeyDash from @swttt
  • 0burner00burner0 Member
    edited January 2017
    @DennieDeGroot  wow great!! Make a donate button and I buy you a beer!

Little feedback to make it perfect:
    -Change device icon
    -Make feedback if authencatie worked
    -Future request: Live view, when homey ore HomeyDash support cams.

Put it in the athom store!!

• Yes those things are on the list, also some cleanup before I submit it to the app store.
  • A new version is on github and should be app store ready. Could you guys test this version?
  • @DennieDeGroot   No problem will do now! anything specific to test?
  • @Menno Just add, remove the device and revoke/create authentication, if you see anything weird just let me know.
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited January 2017
    @DennieDeGroot
    Did an quick check I see the icon changed 
    Installation went fine (version number still 1.0.0??)
    flow Ring notify working
    flow Motion notify working (second time in short time not working) (after longer wait it's working)
    Alarm/motion status working (in devices)

• @Menno Thanks for the feedback. The motion and ring timeout is currently 10 seconds, so triggering it within that time again won't do anything.

• @DennieDeGroot ;congratulations your app is in the store now! Working great so much better then IFTTT.
    together with LED-ring collection for different LED screensaver when motion detection is detected. And when ring also voice saying  "There is someone at your door"
  • @DennieDeGroot, Super app, works instantly flows are running, 
    Did send you a Piza for your efforts
  • @Robebar I saw the Pizza, thanks!  :)
  • ow please someone say that based on this you can trigger (http request or homey notification with yes/no (that i havent found on iphone 6 yet) to open your door as well :) (electric strike) 
  • @ericjanvanputten you can make a nice flow, even with a responsive notification you can open the door if you want.
  • mruiter said:
    @ericjanvanputten you can make a nice flow, even with a responsive notification you can open the door if you want.
    Yeah i was thinking about that, however i have not (really tested it) got the responsive notification to work yet... :) but that would be awesome.
  • Any chance of support for the StickUp Cam? It doesn't appear in available devices for me :(
  • @chrisnash I don't own a StickUp Cam so I cannot test. If you are willing to test it should be fairly easy to make it work.

• @chrisnash I don't own a StickUp Cam so I cannot test. If you are willing to test it should be fairly easy to make it work.

More than happy to test. Let me know what I can do
  • @DennieDeGroot now busy with an flow to get the camera images on your TV and I think I found a way

What it does when there is motion at my door it checks my receiver if it's on and input is cable TV it switches to my PC (is just an android box) and after 30 sec it's moving back to cable TV

For it to work fast the android box needs to be on and the ring app needs to be open
  • @Menno I don't think there is any other way to do it until we have a official api available. I have debugged some details of the video stream but I have not yet been successful to stream it.
  • @DennieDeGroot what I can't manage is getting the live view to work ARGHHHH even in the app automatically it doesn't seem to react to keyboard presses. I can only start it with mouse movements (also in the windows app). But I'm already very happy with this and it's working great
  • +1 for the start of this app
  • +1 indeed and some beer money is apropiate B)