This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

App to support Yeelight

I have recently ordered a:
"Xiaomi Yeelight Bluetooth V4.0 Control E27 6W 500lm 6-LED Warm White + RGB Smart Bulb for IOS / Android"

It is supposed to be comparale with HUE lights... I have to wait until it arrives of course. Pricing is very nice € 21,45 and free shipping.

Does anybody know is there is an app that might support this device?

Comments

• In addition, here is a review for the Yeelight : https://tweakers.net/productreview/149243/xiaomi-yeelight-e27.html

In the header there are also some coupons to get some units for as low as $16,99 and $13,99... 
  • As far as I know, Homey's bluetooth API is not yet finished. I don't think there is an app for these lamps right now or in the making.
    However, I think the bluetooth API is quite straightforward when they finish it (expect 2-3 weeks), so an app could be written relatively soon after.
  • they are wifi bulbs, they work with domoticz i noticed so should be easy enough to make an app
  • yeelight has an open API available! i hope someone here would like to make an app for the lightbulbs!

http://www.yeelight.com/en_US/developer
  • Good news! I'm still waiting for my bulb to arrive.
  • Any1 has any experience with the wifi version of the Xiaomi Yeelight RGBW e27 Smart LED Bulbs?   
  • I use my striim wifi lights with the HTTP App (http post), maybe is possible with yeelight to.
  • Hi,I want to develop an app for yeelight.

but I can not find any way to buy a homey device in china.

do you guys know any way that I can develop a homey app without homey device ?
  • copypeng said:
    Hi,I want to develop an app for yeelight.

but I can not find any way to buy a homey device in china.

do you guys know any way that I can develop a homey app without homey device ?
    Athom sent this man a homey! 
  • Is there somewhere a Virtual Homey?
  • I've seen one on @Emile 's laptop, don't know if that one still works. There used to be a service over a year ago but that stopped.
  • I do know that the guys working at yeelight are really helpful towards their customers and they made api's available. 

If anyone (is) given this a go check: http://forum.yeelight.com/c/dolphin 
    I would love to see the wifi version working in homey.  I would even donate the programmer a fridge full of beer. Instead of just one. 
  • I have received my BT version a few days ago. Working very nice with the BT app on android. 

While waiting for the homey app :), I have ordered 2x a WiFi variant of the same. Would be really great if someone could make a homey app.

Unfortunately I'm not into creating apps, my programming skills ended with the change to Windows programming. If there is a DOS environment for creating apps, I will gladly give it a try  :p
  • I might have a workaround,  i will test it tonight and let you guys know if this temporarily workaround works or not and what i tried 
  • Would it not be easier to find a community dev that is willing to make an app if he recieves a free YeeLight? Probably cheaper than getting a Homey to China ... 

Just sayin' ...
  • so, this is the problem.

I am the engineer from Yeelight and feeling so excited about there are many users in Europe.

After the iFTTT and Amazon Echo,someone suggested to make an app on Homey.

But, I am still finding a way to test the code.
  • Wow you really came!  That's great I am floodnl from your forum  :D the homey was sold out here in my town and i know a lot of them indeed have yeelight.  

Maybe @Annemarie can help us answering and supply you with a emulator or unit or at least a place for you to obtain a unit. 

• Floodnl said:
    Wow you really came!  That's great I am floodnl from your forum  :D the homey was sold out here in my town and i know a lot of them indeed have yeelight.  

Maybe @Annemarie can help us answering and supply you with a emulator or unit or at least a place for you to obtain a unit. 

Yep, if i found a way to test, the yeelight app on homey come in few days.
  • copypeng said:
    Floodnl said:
    Wow you really came!  That's great I am floodnl from your forum  :D the homey was sold out here in my town and i know a lot of them indeed have yeelight.  

You are a god haha thanks we wait with anticipation.  Love you guys at yeelight i just ordered 4 more lamps in addition to my 4 other ones.  I hope you guys will make spots to. 
  • I had to skip a few days since I was busy elsewhere, but this is good news! I will be happy to test the app once available.
  • @Emile @Annemarie could we help the guys from Xiaomi Yeelight to develop a app for homey? I think it's a great opportunity that a official engineer from a huge corporate company is willing to help out on homey.  

As they doing the same for similar project with succes. 

I start to get a bit tired of itfff... 

• @Floodnl
    Very uncertain that @Emile or @Annemarie read this forum... They should, but seeing other reactions...
    Maybe you should email Athom directly, that might bring more success?
  • @RuudvanBeek I'm in contact with them :) 
  • Annemarie said:
    @RuudvanBeek I'm in contact with them :) 
    Thank you for confirming!
  • @RuudvanBeek  i hear everybody saying that but for some reason i always see Annemarie respond on requests.
    And i don't think she's stalking me  :D

• Floodnl said:
    And i don't think she's stalking me  :D

Are you sure  ;)

But on subject, any news or status update on a yeelight app?
  • mauritsivsmauritsivs Member
    edited February 2017
    copypeng said:
    Floodnl said:

@copypeng, i was planning to build an app myself, since i have some of the wifi yeelights and a Homey. but an actual developer from yeelight would probably do a better job ;) 
    I'm coming to shanghai in a month. If you have an option to come to shanghai, i could bring a Homey with me for you.
    Or maybe we could work together on the app?
  • So.. :) just want to keep the topic warm, i hope any progress is made? 
  • Bumb
  • Also curious about the progress.... I received a couple of extra WiFi Yeelights this week, I have not unpacked them yet; waiting for a homey app  ;)
This discussion has been closed.