This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Locatie "aanwezig"

hi Athom,

Ik heb sinds gister jullie mooie homey en wilde een nieuwe flow aanmaken. Ik wil een afzuiging automatisch aan laten zetten voor savonds maar alleen als er daadwerkelijk iemand thuis is (dus niet als we op vakantie zijn). bij het kopje "aanwezigheid" krijg je 4 opties: "iemand kwam thuis", "iemand ging weg", "een specifiek persoon kwam thuis" en "een specifiek persoon ging weg". Ik mis dus een kopje dat zegt "iemand/ een specifiek persoon IS thuis". Misschien is dit een idee om toe te voegen aan de "aanwezigheid" sector.

Keep up the good work, and may we stay lazy!

Jorn

Comments

• You want to use a condition in the trigger-field. A trigger is something that sets of the action if the conditions are met. So you should use (for example) when it's 20.00 then check if someone is home and if that's true turn on the ventilator. So the presence-card has to be in the second column...
  • I would recommend the smart presence app, this one is better than the athom presence.
    Here you must specify the ip adress to an user profile. If you add the ip adress in your router to the mac adres of the mobile phone then it could never go wrong again.
  • I've tried the following options:
    - the standard presence within Homey by using the App with my smartphone
    - using IFTTT location services
    - using the smart presence App with my smartphone (Android fixed ip)
    - using Tasker on Android (with a Geofence and REST-call to Homey)

None works for me; all solutions are too unstable to base flows on. I'm curious about your experiences with detecting presence.
  • IOS with iphone 7 works perfect (range settings 200m)
    IOS with iphone 5s does work but some times it misses leaving ore arriving (200m)

• @0burner0 using IFTTT option?
  • thayoung1 said:
    @0burner0 using IFTTT option?
    No first I did, but the homey app works for me, under settings in the ios app you can change the range.
  • 0burner0 said:
    thayoung1 said:
    @0burner0 using IFTTT option?
    No first I did, but the homey app works for me, under settings in the ios app you can change the range.
    Now I do now why it is not working with Android, I cann't find such setting in the android APP. There is a setting to turn on or off GPS but that's it. 

• thayoung1 said:
    I've tried the following options:

None works for me; all solutions are too unstable to base flows on. I'm curious about your experiences with detecting presence.
    Did you attched the Ip address in your Router to the Mac adress of your celphone? If not, then it could happen you get a different ip address when you returned at home. 
    And then it indeed won't work.
    I have never problems now with detecting our presence in my home.

I tried the GPS option but to much work and I prefer the lazy stable way :p
  • Tangai said:
    thayoung1 said:

Did you attched the Ip address in your Router to the Mac adress of your celphone? If not, then it could happen you get a different ip address when you returned at home. 
    And then it indeed won't work.
    I have never problems now with detecting our presence in my home.

I tried the GPS option but to much work and I prefer the lazy stable way :p
    -Android really s*cks with IFTTT but works very good with the Iphone. That's wat i have read in different forums. So if you have an android, don't use location services with IFTTT

-Smart presence work very well with Android an not so well with Iphone. Use smart presence with Android but you have to fix your IP's in your router as @Tangai suggest. 

Here for me Android and Smart presence works verry well. Before I or any of my famillie  enters the house we are mostly ( not always) noticed by smart presence.
  • I'm using presence detection with the GPS-Trace app (wij van WC-eend :)). The android app drains the battery when settings instruct it to update locations every 30 seconds, but for this presence logic an update every 2 minutes is enough.  
  • I've used smart presence with 2 Android devices, fixed IP based on MAC address. When not using the phones for als while it seems to go offline. I'm using a Nexus 5 and my wife had the other phone, a Nexus 5X.

What Android devices are you using with what Android OS version? Read on the Smart Precense thread a lot of people with the same issues.
  • thayoung1 said:

Maybe this idea is something for you: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/2425/occupancy-presence-detection-scoring

I use 1 number-variable, to check (or guess) if someone is home. I use multiple triggers, for example:
    - TV or light turned on manualy: +6, I am sure some one is home
    - IFTTT outside zone: -1,  I know 1 person isn't home anymore
    - IFTTT inside zone: +1,  I know 1 person is (near) home
    - Smart pressence, device detected: +1
    - Smart pressence, device went away: -1
    - Movement detected: +1
    etc..

I am using this for a wile now, and it needs a lot of fine tuning, but it is very relayable. If the score is 0, I am sure no one is home, if it is 6, I am sure someone is home.

• Thanks @keverjeroen. I'll give it a try.