This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

1 major flaw

2»

Comments

• MHubert said:
    @OpenMind_NL:
    Google got big: don't be evil. 
    Look where the now are...... 

What is my data? That's not described and what happens with data that's goes through the cloud from your homey to your phones homey app? Is that still your data or data considered as "shared with"  Athom? 
    When my car drives on your road.... it will never become your car.
    That's a very bold "comparison".
    You use a predefined "toll-road" which automagicly is recording things about your car like; color, time of travel(time/(week)day), you drive in a certain direction, passengers, grandma on the roof ,etc.  At a certain day you drive a different car and 3 days later still driver that same different car, so you have a new car, same color (ooo you like red), etc. etc.

By using there cloud/road/path, its almost impossible to guarantee you are not been followed ;) 
  • MHubert said:

By using there cloud/road/path, its almost impossible to guarantee you are not been followed ;) 
    Athom made their statement about privacy. The law concerns all the data that I produce in a private situation as my possession (my data), even when I used Homey to produce that data. Athom breakes the law when they dare to collect user-data without my permission when it is not absolutely necessary to contain our relationship. That means that everything that can be done local, should be done local.
  • Leeuw1960Leeuw1960 Member
    edited January 2017
    It's not so difficult to create a few flows to make Homey say that it didn't understand the question.

- When Homey stops listening set a variable  like 'waitForHomey' to true.
    - When Homey says something, set the variable 'waitForHomey' to false.
    - If Homey didn't say anything within 6 seconds ('waitForHomey' is still true), make it say; "Sorry, I didn't understand what you mean with <repeat your question>"

@OpenMind_NL how cam i make the third part with the 6 seconds wait.?

i solved it by using the countdown app and i also used better logic to to hear what homey thought i have said and also send it  to my phone so i can read what homey thought i was saying 
  • Leeuw1960 said:
    It's not so difficult to create a few flows to make Homey say that it didn't understand the question.

- If Homey didn't say anything within 6 seconds ('waitForHomey' is still true), make it say; "Sorry, I didn't understand what you mean with <repeat your question>"

@OpenMind_NL how cam i make the thirt part with the 6 seconds wait.?
    Like this. ?

• rynoxrynox Member
    edited January 2017
    The main reason i brought back the product is indeed the github issue pointed out earlier. It's not that i'm too lazy to make a few flows, but the fact its not user friendly at all. Emile said they were going to implement proper feedback after voice recognition was properly implemented:

https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/93

Appearently this isnt the quality they like to ship it with, since voice recognition is still in beta and theres no proper error feedback.. This, in my eyes, gives a clear sign the product isn't market ready yet. What would Homey be without (proper) voice recognition?

I would've been able to wait if Homey's pricetag wouldnt be 300 euro's for an incomplete product. For 300 euro's i expect a lot more then i experienced..

• Sorry to hear that in the short time you did not see the added value of Homey for home automation even when the voice recognition is not perfect. But hey it's al about expectations. You did bring your Homey back case closed. good luck in your search for the right solution.
  • pocpoc Member
    Leeuw1960 said:

@OpenMind_NL how cam i make the third part with the 6 seconds wait.?

i solved it by using the countdown app and i also used better logic to to hear what homey thought i have said and also send it  to my phone so i can read what homey thought i was saying 
    Could you post the flows ? I can't get it to work properly , Homey keeps saying he is sorry not to hear me  clearly   :/
  • Ok... I first had to edit my flows before I could screenshot them, because I had some more personal actions in them.

We need 3 flows to make Homey say if it didn't understand a question.

- vraagOnbekend. (vraag = dutch for Question, Onbekend = Unknown)
    - vraagProces.
    - vraagOK.

The proces starts with: vraagProces.
    When Homey stops listening, it will set a boolean variable (waitForHomey) to True.
    After 6 seconds the flow 'vraagOnbekend' will be triggered.

The flow 'vraagOnbekend':
    It checks the variable 'waitForHomey', and if it is still True the speech; "Sorry, but I don't understand" will be activated and the variable 'waitForHomey' will be reset to False.

The flow 'vraagOK':
    As soon as Homey says something (it responds to your question), the variable 'waitForHomey' will be set to False.

How it works:
    - As soon as Homey stops listening, it will set the variable waitFoHomey to True.
    - When Homey comes with a response, this variable will be reset to False.

So, waitForHomey will stay True if Homey does not say anything anymore.

- The flow 'vraagOnbekend' will trigger 6 seconds after Homey stopped listening.
    If the variable 'waitForHomey' is still True, it knows that Homey didn't respond and it will tell you that it didn't understand.

NOTE: Be sure that Homey at least say 'OK' or something alike after each succesfull command. If you don't it will run the speech-command but it will still say it didn't understand you.

• JohanKusterJohanKuster Member
    edited January 2017
    At least make this a optional system setting. On: it tells you it doesn't understand the question and Off: current behaviour.
    Here is why I am lost. I made a few suggestions in the past. Some things are very very easy to implement and gives the users the a feel that they are listening to you and things are moving in the right direction. But again no response. What is the problem with my suggestion? Small investment, big reward.

I think Echo and Alexa have a great future. I imagine a world where every device has it's own ip adress and where there is no more z-wave etc but only your local computer network. How easy is it to connect a voice controlled system (or robot?)  to this network and let it switch on the lights? Peanuts. No more problems with different protocols. You already see 3rd parties developing devices to connect to Echo and Alexa. Alexa has a developers kit (ASK) to include its voice recognition in any other device with a mic and speaker (homey? ;-) ) . I think this is the way to go and I would think twice before filling your home with zwave, zigbee, Kaku etc.
    I must see the first WIFI battery powered motion sensor on the market.
    like this? https://www.connectsense.com/wireless-motion-sensor
    hhhm with camera : https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/GWSECU-Wireless-Rechargeable-Battery-Powered-WiFi_60585246998.html
    lights? : http://www.lifx.com/ (power available ;-))
    weather? : http://weathershop.com/wifith.htm
    etc...
  • pocpoc Member
    Ok... I first had to edit my flows before I could screenshot them, because I had some more personal actions in them.

- vraagProces.
    - vraagOK.

When Homey stops listening, it will set a boolean variable (waitForHomey) to True.

It checks the variable 'waitForHomey', and if it is still True the speech; "Sorry, but I don't understand" will be activated and the variable 'waitForHomey' will be reset to False.

The flow 'vraagOK':
    As soon as Homey says something (it responds to your question), the variable 'waitForHomey' will be set to False.

How it works:
    - As soon as Homey stops listening, it will set the variable waitFoHomey to True.

- The flow 'vraagOnbekend' will trigger 6 seconds after Homey stopped listening.
    If the variable 'waitForHomey' is still True, it knows that Homey didn't respond and it will tell you that it didn't understand.

NOTE: Be sure that Homey at least say 'OK' or something alike after each succesfull command. If you don't it will run the speech-command but it will still say it didn't understand you.

thanks for your reply.
    Sadly i can't get it to work .
    The flow vraagOnbekend is activated once , and then stays activated , isnt there supposed to be a trigger to deactivate this flow ?
    Will have to look in this tomorrow after work.
  • OpenMind_NLOpenMind_NL Member
    edited January 2017
    poc said:
    The flow vraagOnbekend is activated once , and then stays activated , isnt there supposed to be a trigger to deactivate this flow ?
    vraagOnbekend is triggered only once. That's right. But it does that 6 seconds after Homey stopped listening. It checks 'waitForHomey' and if it's True, it knows that Homey didn't respond within 6 seconds after listening stopped... so Homey seems to be speechless about your speech-command.

BE AWARE: In Dutch you need the card 'Activeer een flow', NOT 'Schakel een flow in' !!
  • Ok... I first had to edit my flows before I could screenshot them, because I had some more personal actions in them.

- vraagProces.
    - vraagOK.

The flow 'vraagOK':

How it works:

works great!!! thx   :)
  • I don't know why I choose the 6 seconds delay. Maybe it is because some app didn't respond within 5 seconds, maybe it's just a first choice to be safe.

To get a faster respons you might try shorter delays.

• pocpoc Member
    poc said:
    vraagOnbekend is triggered only once. That's right. But it does that 6 seconds after Homey stopped listening. It checks 'waitForHomey' and if it's True, it knows that Homey didn't respond within 6 seconds after listening stopped... so Homey seems to be speechless about your speech-command.

BE AWARE: In Dutch you need the card 'Activeer een flow', NOT 'Schakel een flow in' !!
    Oke ,got it working now .
    I used the  "Schakel een flow in " card instead of the "Activeer een flow"
    Maybe a useful set of flows for this thread   https://forum.athom.com/discussion/936/positive-flows-that-work#latest