This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

German voice recognition

2»

Comments

• Hi Philip it is more planned for somewhere in the first half of 2017. Hope you have a little more Patience! 
  • First half? Sorry, this sucks realy! i buy it, causeon every site stands:German Language Support. For me it is only a white ball, nothing more without german support. Do you take it back?
  • @Franki2k3: you realize first half of 2017 starts in about 9 hours from now ;-)

@Annemarie : perhaps you can (ab)use @Franki2k3, @phil_s and @Peao as test-subjects? Cook up a german-supported firmware for them to see how it's going?
  • Yes that was a good idea, @BasVanDenBosch  i hope Athom can send us a test Software with german language
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited January 2017
    I will test. You don't have to ask me!  ;)
  • I like that idea and of course I am more than willing to help  :)
  • Same here, ready to test it.
  • Me 2
  • Ah, they are under us... the little german homey fan base  :p
    come on athom let us help where we can!
  • BasVanDenBosch : sure, i realized it...but i realized another thing to: (You  can read it in this thread) 02/16 = 1,5-2,5 Month then End of the Year, now first half 2017.....so this means: Not in 2017! So i am very frustrated....
  • Any news? Maybe with Alexa?
  • I recall that Athom is working on adding some additional voice command. I'd doubt German will be in the next release.

Perhaps this is something which could be sped up by crowd sourcing the translation to community members. My German is not great, but I would be willing to help. It would be the most fun way to learn some more German :)
  • Möge die Macht mit dir sein @JaapPelt ;
     ;) 
  • Annemarie has said on Slack: annemariehuijink [2:35 PM] 
    @viktor it is really going to happen. On the roadmap means that we are going to make it happen but I can't tell you when. For me 2e half of 2017 feels realistic, but I can not promise you anything
  • JschuetzJschuetz Member
    edited March 2017
    viktor said:
    Annemarie has said on Slack: annemariehuijink [2:35 PM] 
    @viktor it is really going to happen. On the roadmap means that we are going to make it happen but I can't tell you when. For me 2e half of 2017 feels realistic, but I can not promise you anything
    Bad news! Alexa is still German ready. Why is this so hard? Every speech engine is using speech to text method!
  • Amazon has offered Alexa to any developer – free of charge – for just a few lines of code. Homey could easily be 'powered by Alexa' and would become instantly the market leader.

Emile has mentioned 'integration' which sounds promising but I hope it doesn't mean some kind of half-hearted compromise.

If I end up having to wake Homey by saying "Alexa" I can certainly live with that for the huge improvement it would bring.
  • JschuetzJschuetz Member
    edited March 2017
    Dom2061 said:
    Amazon has offered Alexa to any developer – free of charge – for just a few lines of code. Homey could easily be 'powered by Alexa' and would become instantly the market leader.

Emile has mentioned 'integration' which sounds promising but I hope it doesn't mean some kind of half-hearted compromise.

If I end up having to wake Homey by saying "Alexa" I can certainly live with that for the huge improvement it would bring.
    If i unterstand it right, homey only built an alexa skill. That means you can only say: Alexa tell homey to ....

I have one wish, in every room an alexa dot with my own homey flows and native support! Only then i can use my smart home by speech. Cause i have only one homey in one room. And it is not very smart to start my mobile device, start the app (wait) and try to speech to homey... Or i need a homekit solution! Cause then i can use my apple watch!
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited March 2017
    correct, it will only be a skill, since the integration is for expandability
    (homey listening in other rooms then homey is in) of the speech integration of homey,
    and not as an replacement of the one build into homey

in 1.2.x (upcoming big update) homey's own speech parser has been updated and has improved, a lot (so i have heard from the people that are testing it now)
    but don't expect german intergration in that version also, as there is way more implementation needed then just add the speech files
    and it's not on top of the pile to be implemented
  • Jschuetz said:
    viktor said:
    Bad news! Alexa is still German ready. Why is this so hard? Every speech engine is using speech to text method!
    It's not hard, it just takes time. Athom is a small company and there is a lot to do. That's why I offered to help with the translation.
  • JaapPelt said:
    Jschuetz said:
    viktor said:
    It's not hard, it just takes time. Athom is a small company and there is a lot to do. That's why I offered to help with the translation.
    You are right! But you are not the only person which offered help. It's a pity that there are no news about the pipeline. It's not too long ago since homey has made advertising for German language on their homepage.