This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Fibaro Motion Sensor movement (sometimes) not processed by Homey

I have created a flow which switches on the lights when the Fibaro Motion Sensor sees movement and it's dark. It also starts a countdown timer of 15 minutes, which is reset every time there is movement. This is used to turn off the lights after 15 minutes of no movement. Homey then first says it believes the room is empty and, after 10 seconds of no movement, switches off the lights.

These flows work perfectly! Most of the time...

Last saturday, Homey suddenly said it believed the room was empty. Although we were with 5 people in the room, I thought it just missed us because we were too far away. So I waved and saw the motion sensor light up, indicating it noticed my movement. Unfortunately, after 10 seconds it just switched off the lights and we were all sitting in the dark. This happend again after I switched on the lights using the app.
I have had this one time before and exactly the same way. After a reboot of Homey, everything seems to be working fine again.

It looks like for some reason, either the sensor is unable to send the movement signal to Homey or Homey is not processing it correctly. And this occurs after running for several days without an issue. The sensor seems to be working fine, since it does light up when I move.

Does anyone else have had this issue as well? And is there something I can do to fix this?

Comments

• I do have a comparable problem but with a z-wave nodon wall switch. Sometimes battery powered z-wave commands are not received it seems.
  • I'm not really sure, but I also think the issue would resolve itself. When I switched on the lights using the app, the same issue occured later on. Although I'm not sure if that was right after 15 minutes, which would mean it did detect some motion.
    After a reboot of Homey, the same flows were working fine for days.
  • I'm having the same problem and have tried tinkering with the settings but found a reboot of Homey usually fixes it (for a day or so)
  • I have the same problem. (firmware 1.1.2 and latest fibaro app). I have the non plus version of the fibaro motion sensor. Does anyone know if this problem only occure with the non plus version and not with the plus version?
  • I recognise these issues, almost certainly caused by the radios in Homey. They remain a very weak area at this moment.

• I have also a Aeotec MultiSensor 6 - (Gen5), and the Aeotec MultiSensor 6 works very well. No problems and the Aeotec is at a larger distance from homey than my fibaro multisensor.

So i don't think the radios in homey is the problem.

• I do have the FGMS-001 ZW5, which is the Zwave+ version.
  • I am also having this (or similar) problem.

The first detection of the sensor (confirmed by LED): no reaction of Homey.

When the Fibaro is back in the “No movement” state and is activated (movement) again, Homey reacts as it should.

After that Homey is working properly, until 15-30 min of no detection and the issue reappears.

(All the latest updates applied and rebooted)

• glijieglijie Member
    edited January 2017
    Amelsfort said:
    I have created a flow which switches on the lights when the Fibaro Motion Sensor sees movement and it's dark. It also starts a countdown timer of 15 minutes, which is reset every time there is movement. This is used to turn off the lights after 15 minutes of no movement. Homey then first says it believes the room is empty and, after 10 seconds of no movement, switches off the lights.

These flows work perfectly! Most of the time...

Last saturday, Homey suddenly said it believed the room was empty. Although we were with 5 people in the room, I thought it just missed us because we were too far away. So I waved and saw the motion sensor light up, indicating it noticed my movement. Unfortunately, after 10 seconds it just switched off the lights and we were all sitting in the dark. This happend again after I switched on the lights using the app.
    I have had this one time before and exactly the same way. After a reboot of Homey, everything seems to be working fine again.

It looks like for some reason, either the sensor is unable to send the movement signal to Homey or Homey is not processing it correctly. And this occurs after running for several days without an issue. The sensor seems to be working fine, since it does light up when I move.

Does anyone else have had this issue as well? And is there something I can do to fix this?
    I have also the z-wave + ZW5 version here and for now I don't have these problems.
    The sensor is used to turn on the light in the morning and to sense movement. IF there is no movement for 24 hours THEN a preset holliday is set.

I don't have it in the livingroom  but on the stairway, so you can say that it is not so intensive activated as for you.

But what i have is two wall plugs (fibare Z-wave+) in my livingroom one on the first floor and one on the attic.
    One wallplug in the livingroom is about  1 meter from the Homey away. Maybe for using these wall-plugs it helps to get a more stable network between the sensors.

Hope it helps to solve your problem.

[edit]

If you change the settings in the motion sensor this was said in an other topic. I think/know some settings will be saved better if u used the method here under:
    I have changed settings for the Fibaro multisensor ZW+ again, but this time, I woke up the device, before I pressed the Save-button. Wow, this works! The LED-settings and LUX-settings are now changed and working!

• Isn;t there a setting where you prevent the save-energy state of Fibaro : two flies in one bang >:)
  • The sensor is standing next to Homey, so I suppose the network would be ok. I also have some wall plugs in the same room as well.
    I'm not sure what settings would be of influence for this issie. It looks more of an issue in Homey or the app instead of the sensor itself. Maybe a memory issue or something?

Most of the time the sensor is running fine and notices all movements immediately. The problem only occured after a few weeks without a reboot. After the reboot, it was fine again.
  • I have seen similar behaviour...sometimes on and of signals are not being processed / received. Both for the zwave and zwave+ version i have seen this.
  • DMKDMK Member
    Have the same/similar issue with flows controlling my hallway and bathroom lights. The fibaro sensor pics up the first movement and then sees nothing anymore, so after 15 seconds lights go out. Tested the same flows with Aeotec recessed door sensors and flow works flawless. Tested the same flows with a remote control and works flawless.
    I use the same sensors for notification of movement in the house and they do that perfectly . Could it be that settings of "blindtime" and or "annuleringsperiode" are interfering with the countdown timer?
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited January 2017
    Amelsfort said:
    The sensor is standing next to Homey, so I suppose the network would be ok. I also have some wall plugs in the same room as well.
    I'm not sure what settings would be of influence for this issie. It looks more of an issue in Homey or the app instead of the sensor itself. Maybe a memory issue or something?

Most of the time the sensor is running fine and notices all movements immediately. The problem only occured after a few weeks without a reboot. After the reboot, it was fine again.
    Changing settings can make a huge difference.  lets look at your case.

This  is wat happend in your case and maybe will happen again when your livingroom is more populated.

The fibaro sees motion and the timer will be triggerd. With the settings you maybe now have, the timer will never triggerd again. Altough your motion sensor sees all the time motion. If the motion sensor doesn't stop seeing motion then the timer will never triggerd again and will end. This will trigger in your case the lights off.
    In normal situation when less poeple are in your livingroom the motion sees sometimes no movement. When there is movement again then your timer will be triggert and is reset again.

How is this possible. Because of your settings of your fibaro motion sensor ( Well it could be) let me explain.

If you add the fibaro motion sensor then standard settings are set like that the sensor movement will stop at after 30 seconds of movement. See pic below the 2 i changed. It was first 30 seconds

these 30 seconds movement will be active in homey and if you move, the 30 seconds are set again. So if you have a populated house, it is possible that your motion sensor will be triggered multiple times in less then 30 sec Although there could be no movement for maybe 10 seconds, the 30 sec delay will be seen as movement in homey. If this goes on all evening(15 min)  then your Timer will never reset and your lights will switch off.

So i changed the 30 seconds in 2 second. I also made sure that the lbindtime (See pic below) is greater then the 2 sec delay. (4 sec)--> number 7

In this time the sensor will not react on new motion and therefor the motion sensor always triggers . In your case the Timer.

In normal situations where there are not alot movements the standard setup will work because there will be no movement in  30 sec.

This is how i believe it works and how i have mine sensor setup in populated situations for HOMEY.

It is all about triggering  :)

I hope i made myself a little bit clear

• DMK said:
    Have the same/similar issue with flows controlling my hallway and bathroom lights. The fibaro sensor pics up the first movement and then sees nothing anymore, so after 15 seconds lights go out. Tested the same flows with Aeotec recessed door sensors and flow works flawless. Tested the same flows with a remote control and works flawless.
    I use the same sensors for notification of movement in the house and they do that perfectly . Could it be that settings of "blindtime" and or "annuleringsperiode" are interfering with the countdown timer?
    Yes it does in mine opinium
  • @Amelsfort is it possible to put some screenshots here of ur flows and the settings page from ur sensor?  Also from the flow with the 10 last seconds? 
    The reason am asking is it's all working like it should over here. With + and non+ sensors. So maybe it's something in ur settings or flows we do different. 
  • DMKDMK Member
    glijie said:
    DMK said:
    Yes it does in mine opinium
    Changed the Fibaro motion sensors settings of blindtime and annuleringsperiode to 7 and 2 as @glijie said. But to no avail.
    My bathroom lights go out after 60 seconds no matter what movement it detects. You can see my flow for triggering the lights and the timer flow that should keep the lights on until there is no movement detected anymore.
    Anything wrong with these?

• @DMK
    did you first wake up the motion sensor before you saved the new settings.

• DMKDMK Member
    Yes, i did.
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited January 2017
    OKay some testing, IF you open the APP on your phone and you start moving and after that then go out of sight from the sensor. How long does it take that the sensor stops showing moving on the phone? here it takes about 2 a 4 seconds with the settiings

• DMKDMK Member
    Its closer to 10 seconds.
  • If movement------stop timer
    stop movement-------start timer
    timer empty-------kill lights
  • DMKDMK Member
    @Rocodamelshe  I stayed away from better logic because i am from the stone age and my logic is often far away from the IT logic. On the other hand, my flows worked perfectly in the beginning and stopped working after an update. But not sure which update (Homey or app) did the harm.
    Will try the example you point out. Thanks
  • It's worth a try!
  • Will it help in your case if you set the blindtime at 15..? 
  • DMKDMK Member
    @Rocodamelshe Your example does work. So thanks for the first Better Logic lesson. For some odd reason my sensor keeps giving movement for like 10 seconds after i am out of the bathroom. All of my sensors have this same behavior. Hyper active sensors i presume? <span>:smile:</span> 
  • DMKDMK Member
    @glijie First the blindtime was at 15. So no did not do the trick. With the flows @Rocodamelshe pointed me to it does work. But will do some testing with different settings on the sensors to see what happens. Thanks for the helping hand.
  • I'll make a screenie of my settings this afternoon