This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Nest, authorize Homey

Hi All,

When I try to authorize homey it just keeps loading.
Click on authorize homey to use your nest device!, go to the website of nest, click on accept, homey keeps loading..

Anyone already had this issue? Can I fix this in any way?

Thanks!

Regards

Comments

• Hi Frakke!

What Homey version and Nest app version are you using? Just tested it with the latest versions and there does not seem to be a problem here.

Thanks,

Robin
  • Robin said:
    Hi Frakke!

What Homey version and Nest app version are you using? Just tested it with the latest versions and there does not seem to be a problem here.

Thanks,

Robin
    Hi Robin,

Homey Version: 1.0.3
    Nest Version: 2.2.0

Regards

• What happened before: Though you might be using Chrome, in Internet Explorer, you had to allow popups.  Also, allow popups in Chrome. Even if you're using the Homey windows app, allow popups :smile: 
  • What happened before: Though you might be using Chrome, in Internet Explorer, you had to allow popups.  Also, allow popups in Chrome. Even if you're using the Homey windows app, allow popups :smile: 
    The screen of nest is popping up and when I click on accept it goes to homey again, that's no problem, but afterwards, in homey, it just keeps loading..

regards
  • In chrome, when you press F12 (console, maybe you have to get there another way) does it show any errors?
  • In chrome, when you press F12 (console, maybe you have to get there another way) does it show any errors?
    Only this:
    Failed to http://IP/manager/webserver/assets/css/font.awesome.css Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
  • Hi Frakke;

Were you able to solve this problem yet? Cannot add my Nest to Homey as well. Exactly the same behaviour. The gear wheel in Homey behind 'Geef Homey toestemming voor het gebruik van je Nest apparaten!' keeps rotating and nothing else happens. Tried with the windows app, tried with Chrome, opened the link with Explorer. No result at all.
  • Annie said:
    Hi Frakke;

Were you able to solve this problem yet? Cannot add my Nest to Homey as well. Exactly the same behaviour. The gear wheel in Homey behind 'Geef Homey toestemming voor het gebruik van je Nest apparaten!' keeps rotating and nothing else happens. Tried with the windows app, tried with Chrome, opened the link with Explorer. No result at all.
    Hi, no :(
  • Same problem here. Nest Protect seems to authorize Homey, but the gearwheel keeps turning on the button.
  • For the Fibaro HC2 the nest plugin has been disabled because of certification issues. Don't know if that is the same problem here? 

Quote from the Fibaro forum.
    "Due to a technical issue with NEST plugin we are forced to turn off the plugin for some time. Works on certification for NEST have already started. The plugin will be available as soon as possible."

• just installed my nest thermostat,its working with my heater,made an account but for what we are waiting
    to connect homey to the nest,is it on the site or homey site
  • https://github.com/athombv/homey/search?q=nest&state=open&type=Issues&utf8=✓

There's no open issue for this, didn't you guys file one? Nice way to remind @Robin ;)
  • i just installed it today,i made a issue of it today
  • further, this has nothing to do with popups,here popups are allowed in chrome,still endless spinning
  • for me the problem is solved
    i saw on my telephone app that in my account,homey was granted to work with the nest thermostat
    still there was a constant spinning
    for me the solution was reboot homey and yes after the reboot,automaticly it was connected

• further i closed the issue
  • Rebooting worked for me too, but... I still think it's a small issue that shouldn't happen.