This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP] Visonic PowerMax App (1.1.1)

Comments

• Ramon,

I also found these Pins via Google, but they are not the right ones for my Powermax+. I have a 12 pins header on my Powermax+ (latest model i guess). Measuring the Official (and very expensive!) RS232 module I found the following pin layout:

| |
    | |
    |____________________hole in the panel for RJ45 |

Pen 10 MAX202 <-> Pen 7 (TX Powermax is RX module)
    Pen 12 MAX202 >-> Pen 8 (RX Powermax is TX module)
    Pen 5 MAX202 <-> Pen 9 (GND)

I will try to find a VCC pin and I will test it with  a USR-TCP232-T and come back to you.

Gr. Remco
  • @RamonBaas ;

I played a little with the trigger [IF] "Zone alarm active" and the variables. I was expecting the "zone" var to set the zone name activating the alarm, but it keeps saying "system"? The 2nd var available on that card is "name" but this one triggers "onbekend"  (translated from Dutch: unknown) constantly.

Maybe I am misunderstanding these available variables, can you elaborate/explain?

Thanks ;)

Regards,
    Jeroen
  • @RemcoHannink As far as I can see the connections are still in the same place. Your numbering is just different from mine. If you have a 12-pin header, looks like they omitted pins 13 & 14.

• @Jeroenvano Zone alarm active should only be triggered when there is an actual alarm. It then lists the zones which have triggered the alarm. I'll need to check why it triggers while there is no alarm. Can you submit an issue on GitHub?
  • RamonBaas said:
    @Jeroenvano Zone alarm active should only be triggered when there is an actual alarm. It then lists the zones which have triggered the alarm. I'll need to check why it triggers while there is no alarm. Can you submit an issue on GitHub?
    Just checked also not correct tokens when there is an actual alarm, not just in entry delay.
    Posted on GitHub: https://github.com/nlrb/com.visonic.powermax/issues/11 
  • RemcoHanninkRemcoHannink Member
    edited January 2017
    @RamonBaas ;

You are right, I use the same pins 1,3 and 5 only I have labeled the in another way in my schema (7,8 and 9). Mine has only 12 pins, looks like 2 last pins are omitted. It now works with a USR-TCP232-T module. I found +5V on 2 pins, but when I use them to power the USR module, I get a zone tamper alarm, looks like the power somewhere drops to far. I am now planning to use the +12V connector from the rear side and convert it down to 5V.

I am also experiencing the same problem as @Jeroenvano. If the entry delay starts, the app triggers the action that the alarm goes off. This triggers a push notification every time someone gets home..

Gr. Remco

• @RamonBaas ;

Would it be possible to support the CO2-detectors [MCT-442] in a next release?
    I bought two devices but i can't see how to add them as there is no appropriate device type [zonetype 11].

A satisfied user of your Powermax App for Homey,

Gr. Tom

• @Tomvz You might just be in luck. I've just bought a MCT-442 myself as well last week, so who knows  :p.
  • @RamonBaas
    Today I installed a USR-TCP232-T module with a 12V-5V down converter into my Powermax+ and i fed it from the +12V connector on the back.
    But problem stays the same, the panel cannot deliver the needed 150mA extra. Whenever an action takes place, change setting, turning on alarm or voice sounds, I get a tamper alert, this is because the power drops below 12V due to to much power consumption.
    I guess I have to use an extra power supply to feed the USR-TCP232 module.

• luccie_007luccie_007 Member
    edited February 2017
    Usefull links:
    http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_visonic-powermax
    https://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=6581

Wij hebben een tijdje zitten proberen met baud rate enzo.
    Moet dus zijn:
    TCP Server
    Poort kun je kiezen (23 bijvoorbeeld)

Serial:
    9600 Baud; Data Bits 8; Stop Bits 1; Parity None

Op Visonic:
    Installatie menu -> 6. Pwrlink Module -> Inleren -> OK
    Op de Homey ook de learning starten, als hij zegt Searching heeft hij in iedergeval je TCP module gevonden.
    Als hij direct stopt kan ihj de TCP module ook niet vinden.

Je kunt controleren of je TX en RX goed zitten doordat als je de Powerlink inleren start je 14 TX bytes moet krijgen in de webmodule van de TCP unit.
    Dit kun je zien door hem te benaderen op zijn IP adres en met admin admin in te loggen.
    Als je op homey de search start moet je ook RX bytes krijgen (ik dacht 56)
    Als RX en TX verkeerd om zitten krijg je de bytes niet als je de powerlink inleren start op de Visonic,

Toen werkte het :)

Pics or it didn't happen:

Pinout voor Powermax+ unit

Alles in het batterijvakje,
    een HLK-PM01 AC-DC 220V to 5V Step-Down Power Supply  rechtsboven in.
    En de USR-TCP232-T2 onderin, met de pinnen omgebogen die gesoldeerd zijn.
    Een schuimpje als extra isolatie en anti trilling.

Alle kabels komen in het grote midden vak uit en worden daar in een sleeve gebundeld.

Vannacht alleen een paar keer een piep gehoord, ik denk het netwerk even down, eens kijken of ik kan uitzetten dat hij niet piept als de "powerlink" module verbinding verliest.
  • I have something weird: I added two more motion-detectors and they show as Smoke Detectors. How is this possible? The zone-type is the same (vertraging/delay) as one of the other motion detectors.

Hopefully someone solved this?
  • RamonBaasRamonBaas Member
    edited February 2017
    The type of sensor is determined by the ID data of that sensor. I'd need to see debug logging to know what is going on here. Is this a PowerMax or PowerMaster?
  • Its a Powermax Pro. I am running 1.0 so will upgrade tonight to the latest Github. Also I requested asked Athom to move this app into the app-store. Hopefully it's done
  • I just upgraded the software with the latest Github Powermax. All runs well on Homey but still my motion sensors are seen as a smoke detector and CO2 detector, so the update didn't solve it. How can I run a debug log?
  • In node_modules/powermax-api/index.js on line 16 set
    var debugOn = true;
    And run the app with 'athom project --run'.
  • @luccie_007

good to see that you have got it working also with ethernet.
    I have the same problems sometimes the Powermax beeps. whenever Homey reboots or there is a wifi interruption, the Powermax loses connection to Homey and beeps. I already turned off the Powerlink warnings in the menu, but it still beeps whenever Homey or the app is not available...

one question: did you get power from the backup battey ? Does it work without any problem. Whenever I power the USR-TCP232 from the Powermax I get tamper messages on the panel ??

gr. Remco
  • @luccie_007

good to see that you have got it working also with ethernet.
    I have the same problems sometimes the Powermax beeps. whenever Homey reboots or there is a wifi interruption, the Powermax loses connection to Homey and beeps. I already turned off the Powerlink warnings in the menu, but it still beeps whenever Homey or the app is not available...

one question: did you get power from the backup battey ? Does it work without any problem. Whenever I power the USR-TCP232 from the Powermax I get tamper messages on the panel ??

gr. Remco
    @RemcoHannink

I get power form a 230v to 5v converter block.
    "HLK-PM01 AC-DC 220V to 5V Step-Down Power Supply"
    But i build that in the spare room next to my battery, available for cheap on ebay/ali

The beeps only happened the first day, after that i havent noticed anymore.
    Indeed the powerlink setting didnt matter it because it was already off.
  • It is back in the app store.
  • Great news Ramon, good to see that your confidence in Homey and Athom is somewhat restored ;-)

Keep up the good work....... 
  • Can we install the appstore one over the CLI version?
    Or uninstall first?
  • Can we install the appstore one recto over the CLI version?
    Or uninstall first?
    You need to install the app store version when you still have the CLI version active.

If you uninstall first you will loose all devices.

After the successful installation by the app store it will update automaticly if newer versions are submitted if you have auto updates enabled.
  • Great news indeed, this app is back in the App Store!! Well done
  • RickyTerzisRickyTerzis Member
    edited September 2017
    Hi..i want to know Can i use the second port to read out sensor data and arm and disarm with homey and your app ?
    I have powermaxpro with the dual rs-232 poort print.The first is connected to my PowerLink2 module.

prototype pcb assembly services

• You can arm and disarm, but not in conjunction with the Powerlink2. There can only be one master on the rs232 bus (Powerlink2 or Homey).
  • BeanBean Member
    Thanks for your contribution and explanation in this topic. I think I've got all ingredients to give it a try. From the pictures I can't determine if you used a seperate and external 230V cable as powersupply for the HLK-PM01 or if you used some internal connector from the PowerMax unit. Can you tell me?
  • bass850bass850 Member
    edited September 2017
    First of all many thanks to Ramon for building this plugin.

I am trying to set his up with Powermax+ and USR-TCP32-T2.

I am using:
    - Powermax plus (12 pin)
    - USR-TCP232-T2 (connected to pins 1,3,5 as specified in above post by luccie_007)
    - External power supply connected to USR-TCP232-T2 on 3.3v
    - Shared ground between pin 5 on pm+ and and ping GND on USR-TCP232-T2 shared to - on shared power supply.

I have configured USR-TCP232-T2 as TCP server, local IP, port 23, 9600/8/1/None. I can reach the USR fine through web browser and telnet.

In telnet it gives me some strange characters:

And when i try to add it to Homey (while putting pm+ in install powerlink mode (menu installation 7-1)) nothing happens :-(

If have tried many different settings and connects to see if i can fix this to no avail.

Can anybody here help me see what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

• PS I don't see the 14 bits in the web interface of the USR as described by luccie_007 in his above post: i assume it should be in last line of this screen?

• @bass850 Looks like you've connected the wires to 10, 12 & 14 instead of 1, 3 & 5.
  • PPS In putty it shows the below when I press install powerlink in pm+ menu so it does seem to have some sort of connection...

• RamonBaas said:
    @bass850 Looks like you've connected the wires to 10, 12 & 14 instead of 1, 3 & 5.
    Really. I checked it against many sites. But if you say so. I will reconnect and test again.

Thanks for your quick reply!