This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

LED Ring collection

Comments

• olive said:
    Hi alex

I love the eye screensaver, is it possible in the middle of the eye to make a different colour? I hope you understand me what i mean :D
    I do understand what you mean... but I didn't do it on purpose.

When I would add an extra color to 'Eyes', it would become a 2-color pattern (3 colored areas: center, left, right) instead of one color.
    To make it possible for everybody to select their favorite color-combi, I would have to add any possible combination... That would be (9 x 9) - 9 = 72 selections for 'Eyes' only!
    For that reason I did 'Gort', which is also 2-color / 3-areas, in 6 primary colors only. (6 x 6) - 6 = 30 combinations.
  • olive said:
    Hi alex

I love the eye screensaver, is it possible in the middle of the eye to make a different colour? I hope you understand me what i mean :D
    I do understand what you mean... but I didn't do it on purpose.

When I would add an extra color to 'Eyes', it would become a 2-color pattern (3 colored areas: center, left, right) instead of one color.
    To make it possible for everybody to select their favorite color-combi, I would have to add any possible combination... That would be (9 x 9) - 9 = 72 selections for 'Eyes' only!
    For that reason I did 'Gort', which is also 2-color / 3-areas, in 6 primary colors only. (6 x 6) - 6 = 30 combinations.
    Gort is also cool, eyes is cooler ;)
  • OpenMind_NLOpenMind_NL Member
    edited January 2017
    v1.2.0 is now available at Athom Apps.
    I added 4 additional displays: 

- Satellite - Color flow
    - Satellite - Random colors
    - Lighthouse - Color flow (requested by @Phuturist )
    - Lighthouse - Random colors

- The user's pleasure is my reward. However, I added a donation button to the app page for those people who like to show some extra gratitude.

• v1.2.0 is now available at Athom Apps.

- Satellite - Color flow

- The user's pleasure is my reward. However, I added a donation button to the app page for those people who like to show some extra gratitude.

Hi alex

Donation is on the way. Please think about red eye with blue in the middle of the eye that was cool. Pleeease

Tolga 
  • olive said:

Hi alex

Donation is on the way. Please think about red eye with blue in the middle of the eye that was cool. Pleeease

Tolga 

Thanks Tolga.

About your Eyes-request... Maybe I'll think about adding a few in primary colors (which includes red and blue)... but that's no promise. ;)

• v1.2.0 is now available at Athom Apps.

- Satellite - Color flow

Great thanx, donation on the way!
  • Phuturist said:

Great thanx, donation on the way!
    Thank you! My favorite screensaver at the moment: Lighthouse - Color flow  :D
  • Nice app, good job! Indeed almost too many to choose from..

Question\suggestion: would it be possible to let users pick their own color(s) for an animation using one or more color wheels? This would bring down the number of choices considerably and give users more flexibility at the same time..

So for Triangle you'd only have one selection but with three user definable color settings. While Eyes has only 2 color options and Random has none.

DenW
  • checkerboard and metronome would be nice to have ^^
    or an extended version of eyes with a sunglass on XD  ( light blue with the eyes led off and legs of sunglass dark color.
    anyways thnx , i like this app a lot <span>:smiley:</span>

•  I hope that Homey Mark II will support a nice circular OLED display of let's say 4k x 320 pixels instead of these boring 24 RGB LEDs >:)

•  I hope that Homey Mark II will support a nice circular OLED display of let's say 4k x 320 pixels instead of these boring 24 RGB LEDs >:)

did you file a github-issue for this enhancement? :p
  • JonJon Member
    @OpenMind_NL I love the 'breathing' animation. Is it possible to enable a custom self-chosen colour for it this animation as well?
    edited January 2017
    Jon said:
    @OpenMind_NL I love the 'breathing' animation. Is it possible to enable a custom self-chosen colour for it this animation as well?
    At this moment it is  registered as a screensaver, and screensavers are pre-fixed animations without any settings.
    I'll have to take a look at how to register it as an animation with user-defined color selection. I've been thinking about that for other animations also, but as Homey is new to me (about 1 month) I'll need some time to check things out step-by-step... and inbetween I need to do some work and have a life when there's some time left. :D
  • HansieNLHansieNL Member
    edited January 2017
    If you could add the Dimmed Spectrum version, that would be great. Now at level 1 the Spectrum screensaver is still to bright
    edited January 2017
    HansieNL said:
    If you could add the Dimmed Spectrum version, that would be great. Now at level 1 the Spectrum screensaver is still to bright
    Try the Screensavers app by Koen Martens. It contains a rainbow pattern at 10% brightness.
    https://apps.athom.com/app/martens.screensavers

and... you are right. Athom should work on the LED Ring brightness setting.
    edited January 2017
    Version 1.3 is pending for approval....
    Maybe I should change the name to Insane Large LED-Ring Collection...  new total: 260 displays... :|

• Also love the eyes, great app B)
  • RichardR said:
    Also love the eyes, great app B)
    Thanks. Eyes will also be available in two-colors in the next version... 30 different combinations.
  • Nice app, is it possible to create the nightrider option, so half the (lower front part) red left to right?
  • tunf said:
    Nice app, is it possible to create the nightrider option, so half the (lower front part) red left to right?
    I guess you did not try LED Ring / Scanner - Red ?  :D
    edited January 2017
    1.3.0 has been published.

- 3 new patterns (30 displays):
    Clockwork - 9 colors & Color flow. (based on the balance wheel in a mechanical clock)
    Butterfly - 9 colors & Color flow.
    Pulsar - 9 colors & Fast color flow.

- 33 additional displays:
    Breathing - Color flow.
    Sparkle - Color flow.
    Pulse train - Color flow.
    Eyes - 30 two-color combinations of the primary colors red, yellow, green, cyan, blue and magenta
  • Awesome!! :)
  • RichardR said:
    Also love the eyes, great app B)
    Thanks. Eyes will also be available in two-colors in the next version... 30 different combinations.
    Will definitely try that out and the donate button for a beer :)

• RichardR said:

It's going to be coffee... thank you!
  • Having a little coffee-party for myself right now. Thank you @HansieNL !
  • RichardR said:

It's going to be coffee... thank you!
    Enjoy your coffee..
  • two times so far the ledring app crashed

Stack trace: No stack trace available Exit code: null Exit signal: SIGKILL

• satbopper said:
    two times so far the ledring app crashed

Stack trace: No stack trace available Exit code: null Exit signal: SIGKILL

You are the first. Does your Homey run firmware 1.05 or later?
  • yep 1.1.2