This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Greenwave Powernode 6 (or Z-wave alternative with 6 sockets) wanted!

Hi all, does someone have an idea where I still can buy a Greenwave Powernode 6 or an alternative that works with Homey? I want to make a powerstation for my laptops, iPads and phones that automatically switches of when the individual devices are fully loaded. I would like to see the powerusage through Homey as well! Any ideas?

Comments

• you can use a normal swithboard/pdu and put the cheap neo plugs in them.
    Should work much better then the every hanging powernode 6.
    And you can make it as big as u want. i just created a powernode 9 with neos  :D
  • Bummer, just sold a 6 port on Marktplaats.
  • @Eternity, nummer indeed! Why did you sell it? How was the quality, was it stable?

@mruiter, only Neo plugs I could find were more than 40 Euro a piece. Which plugs do you mean? Or do you now have a charging station of 9*40 euros??
  • @Appie ;
    I bought 3 single and 2 6 port Greenwaves a while ago. The 6 port I sold, was not used anymore so I decided to sell it. I bumped into someone on Marktplaats who was looking for one and I sold it to him.

As for stability... yes and no...

With my previous Aetoec z-wave stick it worked flawlessly. With Homey it has been oke, but currently I am experiencing a lot of connection losses.... I feel that this is not caused by the Greenwave hardware, but the Homey + Greenwave App and the z-wave implementation of Homey. 
  • Thanks @Eternity! I will continue on my quest for a smart power node. So if anyone has an idea, I would appreciate!
  • @appie They vary in price, just keep watch for them on aliexpress
  • robbshop.nl heeft regelematig powernode 6
  • Ik heb hier nog een Powernode 6 liggen die ik wil verkopen
    Stuur even een pm
  • Anyone else with a spare Powernode 6, I'm also looking to buy 1 (or 2)...
  • Yes I have 2 Powernode 6 available if you want them.
  • Great, you have a PM
  • BTW, just for the fun of it: also still looking for a powernode-6...
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited January 2017
    Robb shop announced a new 6 socket power node with USB sockets. Not on their site, but via a email newsletter. I will try to find the picture that came with it, later today. 
  • It really look great (apart from that thing sticking out of the first plug :p) so definitely going to try it / pledge...
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited January 2017
    It really look great (apart from that thing sticking out of the first plug :p) so definitely going to try it / pledge...
    Yes, I agree. I wonder if the USB sockets can be controlled too. If not, it's a 5 socket Greenwave... 

PS
    That thick things looks like a UK socket adaptor and it should come out. 
This discussion has been closed.