This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

is there a 'or' statement in a flow?

I want to create the following flow but cannot find the correct params:
 if sunset and 'person 1' OR 'person 2' is home (in total there are 4 accounts/persons in the system) then switch on a specific light.
The other persons must have NO effect on the flow, so if they are or are not at home should make no difference.

I simply cannot figure out how to create a OR statement, in my interface there is only a AND statement.

So how do i create a flow where i can use OR?

Comments

• At the moment there is no logical OR available in the flows. 
    You have to work around with fe  multiple flows or the someone is at home condition. 
  • Nope, not yet
  • B3rt said:
     if sunset and 'person 1' OR 'person 2' is home (in total there are 4 accounts/persons in the system) then switch on a specific light.
    The other persons must have NO effect on the flow, so if they are or are not at home should make no difference.

I simply cannot figure out how to create a OR statement, in my interface there is only a AND statement.

use this

• glijie said:
    B3rt said:

use this

Thx bu that is not possible either... 
    I have a 3th account for my wall mounted tablet, this account is always at home, so the flow wil run always also when i and/or my partner is not home because homey 'sees' that the 3th user is home....

This was also a drawback of homey wich i discovered.
    Also there is no good/real app to manually control it, the voice reqonition works most of the time not good, i often give have to give a voice command several times before it is executed.
    Because i want to have an opton to quickly switch a device i prefer a nice interface/app on my (wall mounted) tablet to manually switch on an light/device if i wanted.

But sadly there is no good tablet app at all, the default app is not suitable for tablet, only phones. (no portrait mode)
    Also it needs always an account to login an control it, when logged in homey reqonize this as a 'normal' home user and then all the present flows are suddenly useless because 'a user' is at home..

There should be an option to turn on/off the present detection of a specific user in flows.
    Also there should be a GREAT interface to manually control flows and/or devices if you do not want to use the voice interface. 

I am used to make my flows/scenes with vera edge using mainly lua code, here you have a lot of options to do this, also there are great 3th party apps for vera unit for controlling your devices and scenes, the homey lacks tis completely, which makes it very difficult to switch from vera to homey.

Hopefully the homey developers read this forum also and add this functionality to the device in the very near future!
  • I have a 3th account for my wall mounted tablet, this account is always at home, so the flow wil run always also when i and/or my partner is not home because homey 'sees' that the 3th user is home....

then use something like this:

This was also a drawback of homey wich i discovered.
    Also there is no good/real app to manually control it, the voice reqonition works most of the time not good, i often give have to give a voice command several times before it is executed.
    Because i want to have an opton to quickly switch a device i prefer a nice interface/app on my (wall mounted) tablet to manually switch on an light/device if i wanted.

Just make your own Virtual Buttons, use search and you find multiple possibilities:-)

To stay on topic i'll leave it with these answers