This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[TUTORIAL] Using Tasker together with Homey

13»

Comments

• bob76bob76 Member
    edited December 2016
    Phuturist said:
    Well, don't see anything strange there. Have you tried using a simple action for the profile like showing an alert on your phone. Just to confirm the profile is running or not.

Edit
    Yes, unknown as source is fine. It doesn't matter

any idea like what i can try that work on your side just fine?
  • bob76 said:
    Phuturist said:
    Well, don't see anything strange there. Have you tried using a simple action for the profile like showing an alert on your phone. Just to confirm the profile is running or not.

Edit

There is a setting in Tasker under the Settings > Misc that says "Allow External Access". I have this enabled, what about you?
  • bob76bob76 Member
    edited December 2016
    Phuturist said:
    bob76 said:
    Phuturist said:

Edit

There is a setting in Tasker under the Settings > Misc that says "Allow External Access". I have this enabled, what about you?

i have this settings was not ticked now it is

• bob76 said:
    Phuturist said:
    bob76 said:
    Phuturist said:

Edit

And does that make a difference?
  • Please can you show me your Tasker tasks for the Mi Robot? I can start the App and i can choose the robot but then my task can't start the robot cause the app needs time to load the robot map and my AutoInput UI Query doesn't work.I think it's a problem caused by the chinese letters.
  • Jschuetz said:
    Please can you show me your Tasker tasks for the Mi Robot? I can start the App and i can choose the robot but then my task can't start the robot cause the app needs time to load the robot map and my AutoInput UI Query doesn't work.I think it's a problem caused by the chinese letters.
    I had some issues with this as well. Found out that storing the AutoInput action from the app did not work but recording the click straight from the AutoInput action in Tasker did.
  • Phuturist said:
    Jschuetz said:
    Please can you show me your Tasker tasks for the Mi Robot? I can start the App and i can choose the robot but then my task can't start the robot cause the app needs time to load the robot map and my AutoInput UI Query doesn't work.I think it's a problem caused by the chinese letters.
    I had some issues with this as well. Found out that storing the AutoInput action from the app did not work but recording the click straight from the AutoInput action in Tasker did.
    Thank you very much!!!
  • Phuturist said:
    bob76 said:
    Phuturist said:
    bob76 said:
    Phuturist said:

Edit

nope still getting the message but tasker does not see or uses it
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited December 2016
    bob76 said:
    Phuturist said:
    bob76 said:
    Phuturist said:
    bob76 said:
    Phuturist said:

Edit

nope still getting the message but tasker does not see or uses it

Well, I'm pretty clueless then. Seems you have taken the right steps. It's hard to troubleshoot without seeying the actual device. I would suggest you contact support of AutoRemote. This is obviously not caused by Homey but is somewhere in AutoRemote or it's Tasker plugin.
  • perhaps a firewall in the router...?     (just a longshot, i cant explain)
  • perhaps a firewall in the router...?     (just a longshot, i cant explain)

tried that to no luck
  • @Phuturist

I now have successfully established two-way communication between Homey and my phone. Thank you very much for the tutorials.
    Is there actually a way to directly communicate from Homey to your phone without the URL by using directly the IP-address of the phone? I have a phone at home which always stays at home and which I would like to disconnect from the internet for security reasons. I saw that you can directly communicate from your phone to Homey with the IP adress of Homey, but I couldn't figure out yet how to do it the other way round. I realized that there is something like the AutoRemote Wifi Service, but I don't know how to use from Homey...
  • G4nd41f said:
    @Phuturist

I now have successfully established two-way communication between Homey and my phone. Thank you very much for the tutorials.
    Is there actually a way to directly communicate from Homey to your phone without the URL by using directly the IP-address of the phone? I have a phone at home which always stays at home and which I would like to disconnect from the internet for security reasons. I saw that you can directly communicate from your phone to Homey with the IP adress of Homey, but I couldn't figure out yet how to do it the other way round. I realized that there is something like the AutoRemote Wifi Service, but I don't know how to use from Homey...
    You could set up a local webserver (https://play.google.com/store/search?q=webserver&c=apps&hl=nl) on the phone and run scripts on there that do what you want to achieve.
  • G4nd41fG4nd41f Member
    edited February 2017
    I found a more simple solution now: You activate Autoremote Wifi Service via Tasker (create and run a task with Action-->Plugins-->Autoremote-->Wifi). Then you can reach your phone with a http GET from Homey via: http://PHONE-IP-ADDRESS:1817/?message=YOUR-MESSAGE
  • Since the latest update to 1.3 my tasks in Tasker don't work any more. Whenever I try to activate a task, either automatically or manually, nothing happens Does anyone have the same experience?

• glijieglijie Member
    daniel3 said:
    Since the latest update to 1.3 my tasks in Tasker don't work any more. Whenever I try to activate a task, either automatically or manually, nothing happens Does anyone have the same experience?

nope, still works over here
  • daniel3 said:
    Since the latest update to 1.3 my tasks in Tasker don't work any more. Whenever I try to activate a task, either automatically or manually, nothing happens Does anyone have the same experience?

No issues here either. You should double check if your bearer token is still the same. And of you use the external cloud URL you should also check if your cloud id is still the same.
  • Using wallmounted tablet as security camera with Tasker and IP Webcam

I recently installed a wallmounted tablet with Homeydash which allows me to control stuff. But I figured the tablet was useless while I'm not at home. Not anymore, I'm now using it as a security cam as well which automatically switches on when nobody is at home.

So the goal of this tutorial is to switch on a security webcam on an Android device when Homey detects nobody is at home and switch it off again when somebody gets home (and for instance switch back to Homeydash when somebody gets home)

Prerequisites

• A working Homey with the following apps installed:
    • ---- HTTP app
    • ---- Android IP Webcam
    • A way to detect the presence of household members (there are numerous topics about this but I'm gonna assume here you have found a way for Homey to detect presence and can trigger flows based on this).
    • An Android device (preferably already in use as wallmounted tablet) with the following apps installed:
    • ---- Tasker
    • ---- IP Webcam
    • ---- AutoRemote (paid app which is a part of the incredibable AutoApps suite) installed
    • Some knowledge of how Tasker works

Configure the apps on Android

I'm gonna assume you know how to setup Tasker. AutoRemote does not really need any further configuration after installation, but you could optionally set a password in the settings for extra security. You can ignore the google short URL, we are going to use the WiFi service which enables access to the tablet over your local network. How to configure IP Webcam is described here.

Setup Tasker

In it's most basic form you will need threeTasker profiles, both with .
    • Profile 1 with trigger "event -> plugin -> AutoRemoteLite" with message filter "home" and under this profile an IP Webcam task to stop the server (and optionally start Homeydash, I use Fully Kiosk Browser for this, excellent app with motion detection to automatically turn the screen on)
    • Profile 2: with trigger "event -> plugin -> AutoRemoteLite" with message filter "away" and under this profile an IP Webcam task to start the server (and optionally first shut down anything else used when somebody is home like Homeydash)
    • As mentioned, we are going to use the WiFi service of Autoremote to be able to send messages to the tablet through the local network. This requires the WiFi sevice to be started after every reboot. So create a tasker profile with trigger "Device boot" and a AutoRemoteLite task to start the Wifi service. Remember to manually run it now so the WiFi service is started.

Configuring Homey

Only a couple of flows are needed to switch the Android device between the home state (with something like HomeyDash) and the away state with IP Webcam. Setup the following flows or something similar:
    • A flow which is triggered when presence of a household member is detected. In the action column add a HTTP app GET action card and fill in the following, where you replace IP with the IP of your Android device and optionally fill in the password when configure within AutoRemoteLite: http://<<IP_ANDROID>>:1817/?message=home<<&password=your_autoremote_password>>; . This action card will trigger the Tasker profile on the Android device to start the action to stop the IP Webcam security camera (and optionally start Homeydash).
    • A flow which is triggered when no presence of any household member is detected. In the action column add a HTTP app GET action card and fill in the following, where you replace IP with the IP of your Android device and optionally fill in the password when configure within AutoRemoteLite: http://<<IP_ANDROID>>:1817/?message=away<<&password=your_autoremote_password>>; . This action card will trigger the Tasker profile on the Android device to start the action to start the IP Webcam security camera (and optionally stop Homeydash).
    Now you have Homey setup to start the IP Webcam security camera when nobody is at home. Of course you would like Homey to know when motion or maybe even sound is detected. For this to work you will need to add the IP Webcam security camera as device under Homey using the Android IP Webcam app for Homey. After adding this device (make sure the camera is active when adding it as device) you will have all sorts of trigger cards (like motion detected etc.) to setup several security related flows. And that's it!

• I tried this in combination with autonotification to sync my alarm status into homey. It works flawlessly as long as I am not connected to my Wi-Fi.
    But when connected, my variable doesn't change. 

Is there any local address we can use when on home Wi-Fi?
  • jolerius said:
    I tried this in combination with autonotification to sync my alarm status into homey. It works flawlessly as long as I am not connected to my Wi-Fi.
    But when connected, my variable doesn't change. 

Is there any local address we can use when on home Wi-Fi?
    Sure. Just use the IP address.
  • Do i still need the bearer??
  • jolerius said:
    Do i still need the bearer??
    Yup