This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[TUTORIAL] Using Tasker together with Homey

Comments

• Send commands from Homey to Tasker

Previous tutorials where about sending information from your phone to Homey. This tutorial describes how you can send information from Homey to Tasker (the other way around). You can use this to do stuff on your phone based on triggers on Homey.

Prerequisites

• A working Homey
    • The HTTP app installed on Homey
    • An Android smartphone with Tasker installed
    • An app called AutoRemote (paid app which is a part of the incredibable AutoApps suite) installed which enables an extra plugin in Tasker

Install and setup AutoRemote

AutoRemote enables you to send message and notification to your smartphone from external sources. Install it from the Play Store and have a look here to send your first test message to confirm the app has been set up correctly and your smartphone can receive the external message. After visiting your personal URL (which can be found on the homepage of the AutoRemote app) all you need to do is enter a message and click the send button. Check the log in the AutoRemote app to confirm your message has been received.

Create a Homey flow that triggers a message

If you have confirmed you can receive messages you can set up a flow in Homey. Make a test flow with some kind of voice trigger. Use the HTTP Get card of the HTTP app action card and paste in the URL which you can copy from your personal message page where you have send the test message. At the very end of that URL is the actual message you will be sending to the phone. Make it descriptive as this will be the trigger within Tasker to do stuff on your phone. Once you have saved the flow you can test it by testing/running the Homey flow and check the AutoRemote log if the messages are still received. Below is an example flow.

Configure Tasker

Once you have confirmed you can send message from Homey to your smartphone it's time to setup Tasker. AutoRemote comes with a Tasker plugin. Create a new Tasker profile and select: Event > Plugin > AutoRemote > Autoremote as trigger for this Tasker profile. In the configuration for the trigger all you need to edit is the "Message Filter". This is where you need to enter the exact message you are sending from Homey (which is at the end of the URL in the HTTP Get action card). You have now set the trigger in Tasker which listens to incoming messages from Homey and you can define your Tasker actions for this profile.

Again, the possibilities are endless. An example use case, I use this to start my Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Cleaner which does not have an open API. I have a Homey flow which sends a message to Tasker and a Tasker profile that starts de Xiaomi Mi Home app and automatically pushes the right buttons to start vacuuming (needs another plugin called AutoInput).
  • Thanks. I totally forgot about autoremote. I used Pushover as a crude work around for triggering Tasker. This is more elegant and indeed opens up more possibilities!
  • bob76bob76 Member
    edited December 2016

what is wrong some help please?? bevat and is precies both give me a error

• bob76 said:

You are using the wrong HTTP action card. You need to use the HTTP Get instead of the HTTP Delete card.
  • bob76bob76 Member
    edited December 2016
    Phuturist said:
    bob76 said:

You are using the wrong HTTP action card. You need to use the HTTP Get instead of the HTTP Delete card.

ok changed that but it won't go past the ..en. collum
  • second question do you need just one message to the remote app or for all tast a different message?
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited December 2016
    did you try typing in "beeld" at
    http://[homey-ip]/manager/speech-input instead of using the test-button?
  • bob76bob76 Member
    edited December 2016
    http://[hpmey-ip]/manager/speech-input isntead of using the test-button?

little help needed when i try your suggestion it tells me this.

kan http://192.168.178.22/manager/speech-input niet vinden controleer de spelling en probeer het opnieuw.

when i open the homey page sometimes gives me the following error 192.168.178.22 meldt het volgende unauthorized

but i can ignore and just log in with my email.

• bob76 said:
    http://[hpmey-ip]/manager/speech-input isntead of using the test-button?

little help needed when i try your suggestion it tells me this.

You would be beter of using the "tekst bevat" condition card. Now you will need an exact match. And when testing the flow it will not run as there is no actual text to compare it with, so it will always fail.
  • bob76bob76 Member
    edited December 2016

still wont go past the en collum

my command is oke homey beeld

111.JPG 25.8K
  • bob76bob76 Member
    edited December 2016

ok now i have a message kanaal omhoog in the http get and it is working in the tasker app when i press the play button but in the following flow nothing happens

when i test the flow the message is recieved but tasker wont channel up

222.JPG 23.6K
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited December 2016
    bob76 said:

ok now i have a message kanaal omhoog in the http get and it is working in the tasker app when i press the play button but in the following flow nothing happens

Try using a one word trigger as message to avoid issues with the space. Can you trigger your Tasker profile through the personal message page of AutoRemote (the link on the first page of the app). If not, try to follow the tutorial again. You probably have messed up somewhere.
  • bob76bob76 Member
    edited December 2016

the message is recieved by my phone but tasker wont preform the action but when i test it in tasker it works fine??

• Then you have misconfigured the trigger for the Tasker profile in Tasker. Check the "Configure Tasker" step in the tutorial again and double check you have set the "Message Filter" the same as the message from your HTTP GET URL.
  • Phuturist said:
    Then you have misconfigured the trigger for the Tasker profile in Tasker. Check the "Configure Tasker" step in the tutorial again and double check you have set the "Message Filter" the same as the message from your HTTP GET URL.
    message=omhoog in the filter i only use the word omhoog right?
  • bob76bob76 Member
    edited December 2016

copied this exact url in to the http get card and now copied the exact same in the filter of tasker still nothing

when my phone received the message it tell me message received from unknown is that ok? 

333.JPG 31.8K
  • when i test the flow the message is not send to the phone but when i go to the autoremote page and press the send button it receives it fine
  • bob76bob76 Member
    edited December 2016

sorry hoor ga ff over in het nederlands ik snap er echt geen zak van heb je tut helemaal gevolgd voor autoremote me foon krijg prima de berichten als ik het via de goo.le enz enz doe dan krijg ik berich ontvangen van onbekend "mute"

vervolgens in tasker profile event plugin autoremote en weer auto remote config message filter zet ik mute zonder de vier streepjes (met ook geprobeerd werkt ook niet)

en daar koppel ik een actie aan in dit geval geluid uit van me smart remote app dan zou je zeggen als ik op de sent knop druk op goo.le autoremote pagina dat tasker dan die actie uit moet voeren maar er gebeurd niks

ik snap er niks van op een of andere manier ziet tasker dat bericht niet of zo terwijl er in autoremote logs gewoon het bericht staat

update als ik nu de flow draai stuurt homey bericht naar me foon alleen tasker doet er niks mee

dit bericht krijgt mijn foon        Received Message from Unknown: Text: "mute"

in de filter van tasker heb ik mute staan

• I dont have a clue, seems to me you have taken the rights steps as described in the tutorial. For me it works this way. Did not need to configure anything else.
  • Phuturist said:
    I dont have a clue, seems to me you have taken the rights steps as described in the tutorial. For me it works this way. Did not need to configure anything else.

als ik de taak click dan staat er onder     if     +     % en value      moet ik daar wat invullen???
  • bob76 said:
    Phuturist said:
    I dont have a clue, seems to me you have taken the rights steps as described in the tutorial. For me it works this way. Did not need to configure anything else.

als ik de taak click dan staat er onder     if     +     % en value      moet ik daar wat invullen???
    Depends on what you want for task but usually nothing. This tutorial however does not tell anything about the tasks, it only tells you how to set a Tasker profile which can be triggered. What task you run after this profile is triggered is outside the scope of this tutorial.
  • Phuturist said:
    bob76 said:
    Phuturist said:

Depends on what you want for task but usually nothing. This tutorial however does not tell anything about the tasks, it only tells you how to set a Tasker profile which can be triggered. What task you run after this profile is triggered is outside the scope of this tutorial.

i know but what im i doing wrong that tasker wont see or use the in comming message tried it over and over again deleted the apps both paid for  deleted al the setting etc etc i am not that stuppid it just wont see/use the message from auto remote
  • zie nu icoontje boven in mijn foon balk s7 tasker no active profiles als ik daar op klik zie ik gewoon een profiel staan
  • bob76 said:
    zie nu icoontje boven in mijn foon balk s7 tasker no active profiles als ik daar op klik zie ik gewoon een profiel staan
    Perhaps a stupid question but is the profile activated (switch set to on right next to it)?
  • Phuturist said:
    bob76 said:
    zie nu icoontje boven in mijn foon balk s7 tasker no active profiles als ik daar op klik zie ik gewoon een profiel staan
    Perhaps a stupid question but is the profile activated (switch set to on right next to it)?

yes switch is on blue thats on same for you the color i ment?
  • bob76bob76 Member
    edited December 2016

• bob76 said:
    Phuturist said:
    bob76 said:

Yep, that is correct. If you can post screenshots of the Tasker profile I can have a better look. Now it's just guessing.
  • is your message also by unknown? do i have to register my phone or something like that??
  • bob76bob76 Member
    edited December 2016
    Phuturist said:
    bob76 said:
    Phuturist said:
    bob76 said:

Yep, that is correct. If you can post screenshots of the Tasker profile I can have a better look. Now it's just guessing.

• PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited December 2016
    Well, don't see anything strange there. Have you tried using a simple action for the profile like showing an alert on your phone. Just to confirm the profile is running or not.

Edit
    Yes, unknown as source is fine. It doesn't matter.