This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

How-To - Aeotec MultiSensor 6

Comments

• Use the "set a variable" flow card to put the lux tag into a => number variable 
  • caseda said:
    Use the "set a variable" flow card to put the lux tag into a => number variable 
    Thanks @caseda did not see/tried that flow card. 

• EternityEternity Member
    edited December 2016
    So, create a variable - lets say LUX, and it should be a NUMBER variable.
    Make a flow like this one:

In this case the light is switch on my movement, if the measured LUX value is below 35. 
    After a couple of minutes the lights are swiched off again, in my case 5 minutes:

• create a variable luxvar as a number:

And set the variable luxvar to the measured lux from the sensor:

Or, in @Eternity 's example : use lux_keuken instead of luxvar...
  • Thanks all,
    getting to understand the better logic app, for now got the lux variable working.
  • If u got the Lux working then this is ur next goal.
  • If u got the Lux working then this is ur next goal.
    haha nice, you hacked my laptop or something :wink: was just looking in to that.
    Love this community!
  • RozzRozz Member
    edited December 2016
  • edited December 2016
    Do you guys have that LUX stays 0-ish a lot as well, even if its not dark where the sensor is? 
    I have it in the hallway and it keeps mostly to 0 lux. However when I activate the light in the hallway it goes up to <10 lux. This seems low and not very useable.

any ideas?
  • Hm, great that they can be upgraded..

Perhaps I shouldn't have sold my Aeotec z-wave stick.... 

• edited December 2016
    I will continue to try, but interestingly enough when i add 5,1,2;201,2,221 or instead of 221 -> 216 or even 150 :) it doesnt really change the temp for me at all, even after waking it by shaking OR hitting the action button. (201,1,xxx) it doesnt accept.
    edited December 2016
    I have some questions about the Aeotec Multisensor 6.
    The settings page of this nifty device is huge and confusing (to me...haha).

For instance I see that the parameter temperature chance before reporting is set to 2 degrees by default. Is that not too big?

But if I check insights, it is clear that the temperature variation does not have to be 2 degrees to report:

Note: the purple graph is not a Aeotec multisensor, but a ThermoSmart. See the reporting difference! 

I have set the 'wake up interval' to 900. Does this interfere with the  temperature chance before reporting
    parameter?? And what about the Group update???

Also, I see that the 'alarm' graph seems reversed;  motion sets it to zero and no-motion to 100. Is that not odd..??

And what about this setting:

Has anyone experimented and come up with the 'best' setting, considering the z-wave mesh and bandwith?

Thanks!
  • @Eternity do you use it on USB power or on battery?

The change threshold values work together with the wake-up interval.

At every wake-up the changes in temperature, humidity, luminance, battery and Ultraviolet are compared to the set threshold. If a threshold is crossed the information is send, if no threshold is crossed the radio is not used. This is important to save battery life.

The Reporting Interval for a association groep determines at what interval all data is send, no matter what the changes are. What important to know is that this setting behaves differently depending on the power source.

Some more info here: https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000115071-difference-between-usb-and-battery-power-and-recommendations-multisensor-6-zw100-

The 'Expert parameters' (RAW Configuration parameters) 5,1,2 tells the sensor to send a binary report, in the early days this setting was needed as RAW parameters because the 'normal/default' settings did not work. This settings should not be needed anymore.

The 'best' setting can not be given without a use case. The sensors I use to switch on lights on movement have a luminance threshold of 1 and a wake-up interval of 300. The rest of the sensor information is not that important to me so is only reported once every hour.

edited December 2016
    @DaneeDeKruyff
    Quick response: all sensors are USB powered!

BTW
    Thank you for the answers!

And, help me understand how you use luminance as a motion trigger???
  • Well, I'm not using luminance as a motion trigger, but I only switch a light on when motion is detected and the luminance is below a certain value:

edited December 2016
    @DaneeDeKruyff ;

Hm, we seem to use similar flows.I find myself showering in the dark. So, I deactivated my 'luminance triggered' flows and installed the App State Control; it allowed me to override the motion based actions with a manually switched on light (which has priority). But, still I have to hurry showering :-)

I guess I have to increase the 'auto-off' value in the Fibaro relays.

Do you use a auto off for the Fibaro's?

BTW
    For the luminance triggered flow, I have the light switch off via the flow:

• DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited December 2016

Kinda similar yes, the difference is the way the light is switched off. I don't use the Auto off in the Fibaro (dimmer) and also not in the same flow the light is switched on.

The Aotec sensor sends a 'The motion alarm turned off' command after a (configurable) time after the last motion is detected. I've been playing with that timer for a while and found out that for this particular use case 15 seconds was enough to keep the lights on while someone is in the Walk in Closet and not stay on to long after the last person left.

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited December 2016
    edited December 2016
    @BasVanDenBosch
    Makes sense now... in a stupid way ;-)

@DaneeDeKruyff
    Thanks for sharing!

I also wanted a manual ON mode that overrides the motion controlled switching (via State Control App). But, in case I forget to switch it off, I use the Fibaro's Off timed command. So, in a way I only use the 'motion ON' command, not the 'motion Off'.

• JulianJulian Member
    edited January 2017
    Do you guys have that LUX stays 0-ish a lot as well, even if its not dark where the sensor is? 
    I have it in the hallway and it keeps mostly to 0 lux. However when I activate the light in the hallway it goes up to <10 lux. This seems low and not very useable.

any ideas?
    Just received the same sensor yesterday, and I experience the same problem. It is currently reporting 35 lux in a bright room (daylight plus lights on), and this is the highest so far. Was thinking the unit could be faulty but if more people experience the problem this will not be the case. 
  • Julian said:

any ideas?
    Just received the same sensor yesterday, and I experience the same problem. It is currently reporting 35 lux in a bright room (daylight plus lights on), and this is the highest so far. Was thinking the unit could be faulty but if more people experience the problem this will not be the case. 

Well i think i had it up to couple of hundred in direct sunlight indoors. 

but in a room with indirect light (hallway) its basically always saying 0, then with the lights on its always sub 10 lux... so not sure if that is correct. Will probably try out the hue motion sensor soon. see if it performs better. 

• Make a BL variable, boolean, "lights-on".
    Make a countdowntimer "lights-on".

Flow 1: When motion is detected-----And lux<25-----Set boolean "Lights-on" to true.
    Flow 2: When a variable changed-----And boolean "Lights-on" is true-----Stop countdowntimer "lights-on", put lights on.
    Flow 3: When motion stops-----Nothing here-----Set Boolean "Lights-on" to false.
    Flow 4: When a variable changed-----And boolean "Lights-on" is false-----Turn countdowntimer "Lights-on", 300 sec.
    Flow 5: When countdowntimer is empty-----Nothing here-----Turn lights off.

Bit complex with 5 flows but it works like a charm here.
    It seems I need to check my flows, since im using nine instead of five  :)
    just wondering if this is the easiest solution or use the state control app?

• State control is a complex thingie but seems to work for a lot of peeps very well. Am not using it myself.
  • Then I'll stick to your flows. 
    State control indeed to complex for me. 
  • JosStultjensJosStultjens Member
    edited January 2017
    I have 5 multisensor 6 devices in my house (bought then recently). Some of them are in our bedrooms.
    The sensor keeps reporting "movement" during the whole night.
    This itself is not a problem, but the LED blinks when reporting movement and after 30seconds again for a status change that no movement is detected anymore.
    I think my sensors do not have firmware 1.08, so I cannot disable the LED. I am not able to update the firmware myself. (I only have Homey and no ZWave stick) (Is there a way to see in Homey what firmware the diveces have?)
    How can I set a parameter in a flow? I have added these devices with the Aetoc App, but I do not see any config chart in the flow. I want to disable the movement only when we are go to sleep. They must be on when we are not at home (also during the night)
  • @JosStultjens is your multi sensor 6 battery powered or DC powered
  • @JosStultjens The 'Set configuration parameter' action card as shown in the first post of this thread was depreciated when Athom did the z-wave rewrite and introduced the brand specific z-wave apps feature. 

@Caseda would it be possible to add such a card to a Z-wave app?

• @DaneeDeKruyff but also @JosStultjens if it is battery. 

Right now it is not recommended to change parameters with flows for battery devices.

One it needs to wakeup before settings are applied, this can not be triggered from homey, the device needs to do this on its own. 
    This can take several hours depending on your wakeup interval. 

Two, it is not reliable at the moment since parameters are send even if the device is not awake fully (not enough to submit parameters), this will change in a future update, but don't know when. 

Until this second bug is fixed I would not create such a flow card at all.

It is possible though. 
  •  So that will be soon™ :D